LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

Tommy Streeter WR in the second.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
and I'm not arguing ANY of that, YOU AND I ARE SAYING THE SAME THING:

He's got absolute #1 potential down the road, just needs proper coaching.
however,

he won't be that guy that will keep double teams away from Crabtree next season

LOL.....how often is Crabtree even double-teamed? Webster shut him down solo in the NFC Championship game. Also any rookie WR is going to take time to develop, so I think most people are counting on a free agent entering the #2/#3 spot while the rookie develops.

I do believe Maiocco stated that part of Crabtree's struggles in the post-season were due to double teams since there was no WR threat opposite of him

besides Green and Jones, Smith, Baldwin, and Moore were top 50 in the league last season among WR's as far as yardage goes
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Heh, yeah I was just joking about the Raiders.

And I didn't say I thought he would go in the 1st. I said IF he runs below a 4.5, which I don't think will happen. I guess Vincent Jackson had those measurables and still only went in the 2nd, but VJ was a small-school guy.

Damn, I remember VJ coming out of Colorado. The size alone was impressive enough to risk taking the small school guy. Stupid coaching staff...

You mean the state of Colorado, not the university,

VJ came played at Northern Colorado. At that time N. Colorado was a DII school that I think was in the now defunct North Central Conference.
[ Edited by buck on Feb 24, 2012 at 3:21 PM ]
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah for the most part we will be counting on Morgan or Garcon or someone like that. There are WRs who are more ready to contribute though, Jarius Wright+Joe Adams+Marvin Jones etc IMO. But I think Street could learn a lot during the offseason under our coaching staff. Remember a lot of people thought Aldon and Cully would ride the bench for the most part, instead they got into the action early.

Marvin Jones is a guy I'm really starting to like, he's not flashy, but everything is there, the size, the hands, the route running, huge sleeper IMO.

NOW you're talking
NOW you're talking

Maybe I'm nuts but I can totally see him being one of those 3rd or 4th rounders that people talk about years from now, going "wow, how did so many teams pass him up." As far as being pro-ready, I see him as being one of the best guys who can contribute almost right away. Would not be upset at all to see him on the 49ers next year.
NOW you're talking

Maybe I'm nuts but I can totally see him being one of those 3rd or 4th rounders that people talk about years from now, going "wow, how did so many teams pass him up." As far as being pro-ready, I see him as being one of the best guys who can contribute almost right away. Would not be upset at all to see him on the 49ers next year.

that's exactly how I feel about him, another guy I've watched plenty of times (I'm both a Bears and 'Canes fan)

sit down on do a list of pro's and con's on Jones, you'll be surprised by the outcome
  • buck
  • Veteran
NOW you're talking

If the him you are talking about is Marvin Jones, I tend to agree.

He made a major statement at the Senior Bowl, and no one was even expecting him to talk.
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Heh, yeah I was just joking about the Raiders.

And I didn't say I thought he would go in the 1st. I said IF he runs below a 4.5, which I don't think will happen. I guess Vincent Jackson had those measurables and still only went in the 2nd, but VJ was a small-school guy.

Damn, I remember VJ coming out of Colorado. The size alone was impressive enough to risk taking the small school guy. Stupid coaching staff...

You mean the state of Colorado, not the university,

VJ came played at Northern Colorado. At that time N. Colorado was a DII school that I think was in the now defunct North Central Conference.

Good catch. I meant N. Colorado.
Legit 6'5" height. Almost 35" arm length, good sized hands, I'll be curious to see how he does in the drills.

So far, I have Stephen Hill rated over him. But I'd be happy with either player. So much potential.

Streeter seems like good prospect, but I still want Hill in 2nd and Fleener in the 1st.
  • World
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
They said the same thing about Aldon Smith, Chris Culliver, and Bruce Miller. Point is, we got COACHES now.

This. Streeter practically screams Harbaugh special. Raw talent with a TON of potential. Guy could be a legit #1 with the right coaching and development. Fleener in the 1st, Streeter in the 2nd, center/guard or cornerback in the 3rd and then spend the rest of the draft acquiring depth at various areas.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. If Streeter is someone the staff thinks is coachable, then he WILL be a Niner. Last year's draft told me one thing and that is that they feel they can give Harbaugh the raw materials and let him coach them up. So they draft for the things you can't teach, size and speed, which Streeter has in spades.
I wanted Leonard Hankerson out of the U last season...similar type of prospect but with better production at Miami...however I think Streeter is the better pro prospect because of size and speed.

Hankerson didnt have a great year with the Redskins but then again who could with their offensive situation...

Mark me down for wanting Streeter in the 2nd if he's there.

• buck
  • Veteran
The wide receivers run today. It will interesting to how fast Streeter is.

At this point, I would like the 49ers to draft Streeter in the second round, and take Marvin Jones from Cal, even if that meant trading back up into the second.

I also like Ladarius Green, so some combination of Streeter, Jones, and Green would please me.
Ran a 4.34 40. Great time.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Ran a 4.34 40. Great time.

wow and he's 6'4?
Originally posted by ImaMod:

wow and he's 6'4?

6'5"
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran