There are 138 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tommy Streeter WR in the second.

It's a possibility. We get some type of WR in the 2nd or 3rd after we pick up Coby Fleener in the 1st......
Legit 6'5" height. Almost 35" arm length, good sized hands, I'll be curious to see how he does in the drills.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Legit 6'5" height. Almost 35" arm length, good sized hands, I'll be curious to see how he does in the drills.

So far, I have Stephen Hill rated over him. But I'd be happy with either player. So much potential.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Jacory Harris in 2010: 14 TDs and 15 INTs
Stephen Morris in 2010: 7 TDs and 9 INTs

Leonard Hankerson in 2010: 72 catches for 1156 yards and 13 TDs

Jacory Harris in 2011: 20 TDs and 9 INTs

Tommy Streeter in 2011: 46 catches for 811 yards and 8 TDs

So, despite the improved QB play, Tommy Streeter still didn't produce at anywhere near the level Leonard Hankerson did in 2010.

The Skins took Hankerson at #79 overall in the 2011 Draft.

Streeter-Bigger physically, faster and higher overall ceiling than Hankerson means he will get drafted earlier, quite a bit earlier if he tears it up at the combine. The raw potential alone is mind-boggling.

Rumor has him running in the 4.3's. If he is 6'4" + with long arms and big hands running 4.3's he will go pretty high on potential alone. Maybe higher than he should. But if you want him you have to pick him higher because somebody else will.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Rumor has him running in the 4.3's. If he is 6'4" + with long arms and big hands running 4.3's he will go pretty high on potential alone. Maybe higher than he should. But if you want him you have to pick him higher because somebody else will.

Its hard to see him run a 4.3, I think its purely a rumor (like Jeffery being fat).

I know I'm intrigued by Streeter though if he can run in the low 4.5s. If he runs below a 4.5, my guess is he will be taken at the end of the 1st.

4.3 will put him at least in the mid 1st with those kind of measurables. Hell he won't go past Oakland!
Originally posted by vrabbit:
are you INSANE?

No way this guy is a 2nd round talent, day 3 at best for me right now

Where did you get this notion from? If he has a good combine he'll get drafted in the mid-late 2nd on potential alone.

actually watching Miami games, he's simply inconsistent on the field and just isn't NFL ready. He may get drafted Day 2 wowing some team with his measurables, but he won't be that guy that will keep double teams away from Crabtree next season
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

Its hard to see him run a 4.3, I think its purely a rumor (like Jeffery being fat).

I know I'm intrigued by Streeter though if he can run in the low 4.5s. If he runs below a 4.5, my guess is he will be taken at the end of the 1st.

4.3 will put him at least in the mid 1st with those kind of measurables. Hell he won't go past Oakland!

I don't think he'll be taken in the 1st. Even with the speed, I don't see him getting picked over Sanu or Randle.

Oh, and Oakland doesn't have a shot with him since they don't pick till the 5th round (lol @ the Raiders)
actually watching Miami games, he's simply inconsistent on the field and just isn't NFL ready. He may get drafted Day 2 wowing some team with his measurables, but he won't be that guy that will keep double teams away from Crabtree next season

Meh, with 6'5" size and if he runs like a 4.4 and has that 81 inch wingspan? This guy is a red-zone threat from Day 1. Yeah he's raw, but its a good thing the team finally has a competent coaching staff to help him develop. He's got absolute #1 potential down the road, just needs proper coaching.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

I don't think he'll be taken in the 1st. Even with the speed, I don't see him getting picked over Sanu or Randle.

Oh, and Oakland doesn't have a shot with him since they don't pick till the 5th round (lol @ the Raiders)

Heh, yeah I was just joking about the Raiders.

And I didn't say I thought he would go in the 1st. I said IF he runs below a 4.5, which I don't think will happen. I guess Vincent Jackson had those measurables and still only went in the 2nd, but VJ was a small-school guy.
Heh, yeah I was just joking about the Raiders.

And I didn't say I thought he would go in the 1st. I said IF he runs below a 4.5, which I don't think will happen. I guess Vincent Jackson had those measurables and still only went in the 2nd, but VJ was a small-school guy.

Damn, I remember VJ coming out of Colorado. The size alone was impressive enough to risk taking the small school guy. Stupid coaching staff...

Meh, with 6'5" size and if he runs like a 4.4 and has that 81 inch wingspan? This guy is a red-zone threat from Day 1. Yeah he's raw, but its a good thing the team finally has a competent coaching staff to help him develop. He's got absolute #1 potential down the road, just needs proper coaching.

and I'm not arguing ANY of that, YOU AND I ARE SAYING THE SAME THING:

He's got absolute #1 potential down the road, just needs proper coaching.
however,

he won't be that guy that will keep double teams away from Crabtree next season

however,

LOL.....how often is Crabtree even double-teamed? Webster shut him down solo in the NFC Championship game. Also any rookie WR is going to take time to develop, so I think most people are counting on a free agent entering the #2/#3 spot while the rookie develops.
  • buck
  • Veteran

Al Davis is not in Oakland anymore, so maybe not.

however,

LOL.....how often is Crabtree even double-teamed? Webster shut him down solo in the NFC Championship game. Also any rookie WR is going to take time to develop, so I think most people are counting on a free agent entering the #2/#3 spot while the rookie develops.

Yeah for the most part we will be counting on Morgan or Garcon or someone like that. There are WRs who are more ready to contribute though, Jarius Wright+Joe Adams+Marvin Jones etc IMO. But I think Street could learn a lot during the offseason under our coaching staff. Remember a lot of people thought Aldon and Cully would ride the bench for the most part, instead they got into the action early.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Yeah for the most part we will be counting on Morgan or Garcon or someone like that. There are WRs who are more ready to contribute though, Jarius Wright+Joe Adams+Marvin Jones etc IMO. But I think Street could learn a lot during the offseason under our coaching staff. Remember a lot of people thought Aldon and Cully would ride the bench for the most part, instead they got into the action early.

Marvin Jones is a guy I'm really starting to like, he's not flashy, but everything is there, the size, the hands, the route running, huge sleeper IMO.