There are 105 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tommy Streeter WR in the second.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post and very good feedback. I really got a llot out oif this.

I think we all would agree that quality coaching is THE difference maker. I recall many people said Mike Wallace would be mediocre at best. Quality coaching made him a premiere reciever that must get double-teamed.

Does Streeter have that potential? If not - who does?

I'd much rather take Streeter over most of the WR's in the draft. He's one of the few with TRUE #1 WR potential, if he went back to college for a year he'd be a first round pick next year. If they can get him in the 2nd, I think that would be a hell of a peak, especially considering the coaching staff that the 49ers have assembled.
i've been talking about him for awhile, i hope we get him!
We have not drafted very well at the WR spot for a long time. Morgan was a solid pick and Crabtree fell in our laps, but we haven't found a gamebreaker. We've played it safe with our WR selections for a while. I'd like to see us take a chance on a raw talent.

I like Streeter as a prospect more than other king-size receivers like Floyd or Jeffery. He seems to possess the speed to gain seperation and challenge downfield but is raw as a route runner. I think our coaches can do a lot with this guy.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
We have not drafted very well at the WR spot for a long time. Morgan was a solid pick and Crabtree fell in our laps, but we haven't found a gamebreaker. We've played it safe with our WR selections for a while. I'd like to see us take a chance on a raw talent.

I like Streeter as a prospect more than other king-size receivers like Floyd or Jeffery. He seems to possess the speed to gain seperation and challenge downfield but is raw as a route runner. I think our coaches can do a lot with this guy.

He's got the speed, the size, the strength, the leaping ability, all things you can't coach. He can create separation a lot better than a lumbering guy like Jeffery, yeah he needs work on everything else, but everything is coachable, he also has pretty good hands.
i desperately want to end the draft with either streeter, hill or quick as a draft pick
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He's got the speed, the size, the strength, the leaping ability, all things you can't coach. He can create separation a lot better than a lumbering guy like Jeffery, yeah he needs work on everything else, but everything is coachable, he also has pretty good hands.

I had concerns about Jeffery's lack of separation too, and then I remembered what he did to Alabama. Then I went back and watched some of the highlights from that game, and my concerns were erased.

He absolutely dominated an Alabama defensive backfield that boasts at least two first-rounders in Mark Barron and Dre Kirkpatrick. And he isn't slow or lumbering. He runs past DBs in the open field and eats up angles. He looks slow because he's a very long strider, which also explains his lack of separation on short to intermediate routes. It doesn't matter, though, because he's so big and physical and does such a good job of shielding with his body that he's basically always open, regardless of separation.

As for Streeter, I'd take him in the third, but not the second. I'm always a little nervous about guys who only had one productive year in college, and in Streeter's case the one season wasn't even that productive.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:

I had concerns about Jeffery's lack of separation too, and then I remembered what he did to Alabama. Then I went back and watched some of the highlights from that game, and my concerns were erased.

He absolutely dominated an Alabama defensive backfield that boasts at least two first-rounders in Mark Barron and Dre Kirkpatrick. And he isn't slow or lumbering. He runs past DBs in the open field and eats up angles. He looks slow because he's a very long strider, which also explains his lack of separation on short to intermediate routes. It doesn't matter, though, because he's so big and physical and does such a good job of shielding with his body that he's basically always open, regardless of separation.

As for Streeter, I'd take him in the third, but not the second. I'm always a little nervous about guys who only had one productive year in college, and in Streeter's case the one season wasn't even that productive.
you see the qbs at miami? it went from robert marve who transferred to purdue because he got beat by a sorry jacory harris, in other words it was horrible for wrs at miami. lamar miller was their only consistent threat on offense
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
you see the qbs at miami? it went from robert marve who transferred to purdue because he got beat by a sorry jacory harris, in other words it was horrible for wrs at miami. lamar miller was their only consistent threat on offense

Jacory Harris in 2010: 14 TDs and 15 INTs
Stephen Morris in 2010: 7 TDs and 9 INTs

Leonard Hankerson in 2010: 72 catches for 1156 yards and 13 TDs

Jacory Harris in 2011: 20 TDs and 9 INTs

Tommy Streeter in 2011: 46 catches for 811 yards and 8 TDs

So, despite the improved QB play, Tommy Streeter still didn't produce at anywhere near the level Leonard Hankerson did in 2010.

The Skins took Hankerson at #79 overall in the 2011 Draft.
Jacory Harris in 2010: 14 TDs and 15 INTs
Stephen Morris in 2010: 7 TDs and 9 INTs

Leonard Hankerson in 2010: 72 catches for 1156 yards and 13 TDs

Jacory Harris in 2011: 20 TDs and 9 INTs

Tommy Streeter in 2011: 46 catches for 811 yards and 8 TDs

So, despite the improved QB play, Tommy Streeter still didn't produce at anywhere near the level Leonard Hankerson did in 2010.

The Skins took Hankerson at #79 overall in the 2011 Draft.

Streeter-Bigger physically, faster and higher overall ceiling than Hankerson means he will get drafted earlier, quite a bit earlier if he tears it up at the combine. The raw potential alone is mind-boggling.
We get a decent FA vet or even sign our boys back? ...and I will be confident in our staff to quickly get the most out of Tommy Streeter. Late 2nd round pick is a risk, but his potential is worth it.

... and if not Streeter in the late 2nd, then Stephen Hill, Reuben Randle, or Juron Criner will work as well.
Streeter-Bigger physically, faster and higher overall ceiling than Hankerson means he will get drafted earlier, quite a bit earlier if he tears it up at the combine. The raw potential alone is mind-boggling.

Being an FSU football fan, I watch a lot of Miami football. Hankerson was far more physical and explosive than Streeter. Streeter was an afterthought in those games. I hate the idea of drafting a guy in the 2nd round based on measurables and projectability.

Streeter may run a great 40 and see his stock explode, but let's leave drafting guys based on 40 times to the other Bay Area team.

Being an FSU football fan, I watch a lot of Miami football. Hankerson was far more physical and explosive than Streeter. Streeter was an afterthought in those games. I hate the idea of drafting a guy in the 2nd round based on measurables and projectability.

Streeter may run a great 40 and see his stock explode, but let's leave drafting guys based on 40 times to the other Bay Area team.

Years ago, I would have agreed with this. Now, I think we have the coaching staff to turn raw potential into awesomeness. Still risky, unless we are sold on Crabtree/Morgan or bring in a solid vet also.
Hankerson was a much better prospect than Streeter. Hankerson had the Andre Johnson comparisons since he signed with the Canes. Streeter is a mid-round guy, IMO. I don't really see the excitement with him. He's a bit over-hyped to me.

I'd rather go after Hill or maybe Quick, I'd we pass on a WR in the 1st.
Top 10: Best bets to put on combine freak show

http://bruce-feldman.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/31626208/34930753

4-Tommy Streeter, Miami, WR

After a few years of teasing 'Canes staff with his potential, the 6-5, 216-pound junior had a breakout season in 2011. Streeter opted to leave early after his one big year, and with his size and exceptional speed, he has the chance to shoot up draft board this week. Scouts don't expect to see a guy his height so fast, but remember he's been one of the fastest men in a very fast program from the day he arrived in Coral Gables. (Two other UM speeders, Lamar Miller and Travis Benjamin also could've made this list.) Those close to the UM program are expecting some big things this week from Streeter, who has a chance to shock scouts with just how fast he actually is. Last year's fastest man in Indy, DeMarcus VanDyke, a former Cane CB who got drafted by the Raiders after he blazed the fastest 40-time at the Combine, told me a few weeks back that Streeter could duplicate his showing this year.

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i desperately want to end the draft with either streeter, hill or quick as a draft pick

"Melissa... I desperately want to make love to a school boy!"