There are 163 users in the forums

legacy picks

like kent dorfman got into animal house as a legacy, there are two potential "sons of niners" who will be available in the draft

jeff fuller, texas am wr, is the son of jeff fuller, former niners db who had his career cut short by a serious nerve injury to his shoulder...fuller has the size niners could use at the wr position at 6-4 215 or so...

rhett ellsion usc te is son of former niners ilb rikki ellison
i didn't know of his background. irrelevant for me personally. but i want him if we do not get one the top end wr.
Fuller was rated higher before the 2011 season than he is now. He is likely a 3rd or 4th round pick at this point. Guy has the measureables, but it hasn't necessarily translated to performance on game day.

Ellison, I never even heard of.

Fuller does have a chance of being a "legacy" if they don't draft a WR in the first couple of rounds.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
i didn't know of his background. irrelevant for me personally. but i want him if we do not get one the top end wr.

Fuller had a down year, at least up to the end of the year.

He had 70 catches for 828 yards and 6 scores. That is an average of 11.83 yards a catch.

He is 6-3 and weighs around 220.

His dad was great. Him and Lot were hell for receivers.

I remember the game where he got hurt.
I'm a BIG Jeff Fuller fan and think he's a perfect fit for what the team wants in their receivers. Big and physical who can block in the running game. He has experience in the WCO and has played hurt.

Don't care if he had a down year. I would love to have him on this team. The legacy thing would just be a bonus.
he had a crummy season due to injuries

but had a spectacular bowl games

the thing abut fuller is he probablly isnt going to be a go to WR which really isnt our need

hhe is the perfect fit for us and he elite size great speed and great hops to be an elite RZ target
Jeff Fuller Sr. Hit like a mack truck very similar to RLott. It was a terrible thing that happened to him.

Hope his son does well.
add marc tyler, usc running back and son of wendell tyler
Share 49ersWebzone