LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 230 users in the forums

What would you rather have?

What would you rather have?

Considering Moran is gone, what would you like to add to the roster?
4 TE?

i wouldnt mind getting flletcher in 2nd round behind walker and VD

i know 3rd TE in 2nd round is ridiculous but at 6 6 he will be another RZ target

and with the amount of 3 TE sets we run - play action in the RZ with VD delante and fleetcher

3 pass catching TE would just be deadly
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
4 TE?

i wouldnt mind getting flletcher in 2nd round behind walker and VD

i know 3rd TE in 2nd round is ridiculous but at 6 6 he will be another RZ target

and with the amount of 3 TE sets we run - play action in the RZ with VD delante and fleetcher

3 pass catching TE would just be deadly
not a depth thing just, a 4th TE on the roster for example
  • sfout
  • Veteran
2nd round FB? Where in god's name did you come up with that option??? How about a 2nd round RB to fill Norris spot, it's what I've been advocating the most for, check my Chris Polk thread, he would be a dangerous in our backfield.
Originally posted by sfout:
2nd round FB? Where in god's name did you come up with that option??? How about a 2nd round RB to fill Norris spot, it's what I've been advocating the most for, check my Chris Polk thread, he would be a dangerous in our backfield.

not a 2nd round, just a 2nd FB added to the roster
Either a tall WR or a RG please.
We will have Byham coming back and he could play TE/FB so he could be like 2nd FB and 4th TE if we keep Peelle. Not really a need for any of those IMO though. Can't afford to use a roster space on that so it could mean letting Peelle (who has been solid) go and keeping a guy like Byham who could play blocking 3rd TE and backup FB if Bruce gets hurt. We like guys who are versatile...
[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jan 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM ]
We need another RB. Gore doesn't have much time left.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Who do you like?

Id like lamar miller but the way harbaugh likes to run the ball montee ball if he slides could be a good fit?
Talented W.R.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Who do you like?

Id like lamar miller but the way harbaugh likes to run the ball montee ball if he slides could be a good fit?

Millers a first round prospect. no way we take a RB in the 1st. Polk or David Wilson in the 2nd maybe, Isiah Pead from Cinncy is a moster in the 4th or 5th round as well and you never know if JH will want another shifty RB and take LaMichael in the 3rd.

I think Miller is a more agile version of Frank but he doesn't look any faster then Frank so I'd want to avoid him at all costs. He'd fit really well in with the Steelers(poor mendenhall tearing his acl like that :/) or Browns, maybe even the Jets who are in desperate need of a quality every down RB.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Since it fits with your posts I am just going to keep plugging a comment I made in another thread. Because of the college rules about having larger rosters JH was able to have RBs and TEs on his roster that never saw the field except under very specific situations and I'm beginning to think that he might like the idea of having 4 RBs 4 TEs and 1 FB with the 4th RB as the backup FB. I could really see him loading up at those positions or at least 1 in particular. Keeping only 1 FB and filling Norris' roster spot with a TE or RB makes even more sense because of Delanie's versatility and ability to effectively play as FB.

Dixon does seem to be in the dog house but at the same time I can't help but think he is supposed to only see the field late in games so he can just pound it up the middle and milk the clock so it really seems like JH is intentionally using him this way as compliment to Gores early running running and Hunters speed on the edge.

Sorry for the double post, I just had this thought pop back into my head right after I hit post and my bad on the assumption of the # indicating the round we'd select them in. I was fairly tired when I read it lol.
[ Edited by sfout on Jan 3, 2012 at 8:12 AM ]
1-2 big target, tall, great hands WRs

/thread
Originally posted by English:
Either a tall WR or a RG please.

Being a rebel, not following the rules? LOL...I agree completely. Of the choices given I would pick TE as Harbaugh likes to use them and with VD and Walker being faster than the average TE they allow flexibility on routes. A smart all around TE who has glue for hands...right after a big, surehanded, fast WR and a tenacious, smart, angry RG!

Can Kilgore be that RG? He certainly plays with fire.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
1-2 big target, tall, great hands WRs

/thread

I agree with that but we should have a roster spot open for another position....question is what position should we fill in the opening
Share 49ersWebzone