There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Alshon Jeffrery, WR, South Carolina

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
wow i do not want jeffrey if hes gonna look like a freaking fat ass, the freshman de clowney looks more like a tall wr than jeffrey. this reminds me of mike williams part 2, i'll take any other wr other than jeffrey

in the other pictures he doesnt look like that at all? (look above)

strong chance thats photshopped or somehting

Nah, he's a fatass.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
wow i do not want jeffrey if hes gonna look like a freaking fat ass, the freshman de clowney looks more like a tall wr than jeffrey. this reminds me of mike williams part 2, i'll take any other wr other than jeffrey

in the other pictures he doesnt look like that at all? (look above)

strong chance thats photshopped or somehting

Nah, he's a fatass.

He got drunk with the old QB so he put on the beer belly to make the fat QB feel happy about himself . He's definitely not fat right now though.
Talented receiver but I wouldn't be surprised if it took him awhile to adjust to the pro game especially with his route running. So far, he's just a guy that can out jump a smaller corner...
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Talented receiver but I wouldn't be surprised if it took him awhile to adjust to the pro game especially with his route running. So far, he's just a guy that can out jump a smaller corner...

Perfect for us then. WE will have Crabtree and Morgan starting with WIlliams as the 3rd. Bring this bad boy in for redzone purposes

CHAMPIONSHIP
Still not sold on Jefferey. Think he's just a good college player that won't succeed in the NFL.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Perfect for us then. WE will have Crabtree and Morgan starting with WIlliams as the 3rd. Bring this bad boy in for redzone purposes

CHAMPIONSHIP

LOL come on, I wouldn't waste a 1st round pick on that. Dwight Jones can do the same thing and runs better routes.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Still not sold on Jefferey. Think he's just a good college player that won't succeed in the NFL.

Depends on what we ask of him IMO. Especially if we only use him in spot duty for the first year or two. Sorry for the comparison because I hate Desean Jackson but he is a terrible receiver who only runs go routes and puts in minimal effort on any play that doesn't involve him and if we simply as Alshon to run slants in the RZ or go routes in the open field I bet he'd be great lol.

I'm not trying to detract from Jeffery because I would love to have him but I think he will need time to adjust as well.
Originally posted by sfout:

Depends on what we ask of him IMO. Especially if we only use him in spot duty for the first year or two. Sorry for the comparison because I hate Desean Jackson but he is a terrible receiver who only runs go routes and puts in minimal effort on any play that doesn't involve him and if we simply as Alshon to run slants in the RZ or go routes in the open field I bet he'd be great lol.

I'm not trying to detract from Jeffery because I would love to have him but I think he will need time to adjust as well.

I feel the same way. I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted him, but I just think there are better options at receiver especially with the rise of Kendall Wright and Dwight Jones.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by sfout:

I feel the same way. I wouldn't be mad at all if we drafted him, but I just think there are better options at receiver especially with the rise of Kendall Wright and Dwight Jones.

What I like is Wright is an all around WR who runs crossing routes and takes hits even though he's Ginn's size, Ginn is 5-11 180 and Wright is listed 5-9 190 so he's actually build a little better then Ginn. I just don't see us going after Wright because we've already got our slot man in KW who is a monster and not afraid to mix it up and then we've got Ginn for ST and emergencies. I don't see us going after a small guy like Wright or T.Y. Hilton unless we let Ginn walk.
Dwight Jones or Marvin McNutt we'll probably have to move up to get Floyd or Jeffries.
  • buck
  • Veteran

I tend to agree. He was not all that productive this year.

He had 49 catchers for 762 yards and 8 scores.

My sense is that is living off of the hype from last year.

Getting kicked out a bowl game is not a good sign.
Originally posted by buck:
I tend to agree. He was not all that productive this year.

He had 49 catchers for 762 yards and 8 scores.

My sense is that is living off of the hype from last year.

Getting kicked out a bowl game is not a good sign.

his qb situation was horrible he had over 60% of the qb passing yards then they switched qb and he started producing again

also did you see th bowl game where he got kicked out?

he got punched 2 times all he did was push him away
not high on this dude, out of all the 1st round prospect WRs this guy says bust the most
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
not high on this dude, out of all the 1st round prospect WRs this guy says bust the most

other than dwight jones

i will agree

the only problem is he lacks speed

but other than that he is a great blocker good size elite pass catcher (best hands in the draft for sure)
and i addition to that has best body control

if he loses a few pounds during strength and conditioning (like a lot of collegge players do) then he is something special

he also fits the WCO WR to a Tee

j
I'm surprised at the turn of opinions in this thread. I still think he is a pretty good player, coaches are going to have to determine if he has the drive or if he is Rashaun Woods.

But he certainly has the talent to be a late 1st early 2nd.