LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Jordan White-WR-Western Michigan(3rd-6th round)

I really like this guy. He's not a very big receiver but he's fast, has great hands and seems like a natural playmaker. There's some injury concerns and he needs to work on his route running but by all accounts he's a good guy and a hard worker, would love to see the 49ers take a flyer on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLmbgdYDyo&feature=related
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I really like this guy. He's not a very big receiver but he's fast, has great hands and seems like a natural playmaker. There's some injury concerns and he needs to work on his route running but by all accounts he's a good guy and a hard worker, would love to see the 49ers take a flyer on him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udLmbgdYDyo&feature=related

He looks good, reminds me of Kyle Williams.
preetty significant injury history if i recall...plus niners need a big guy (6-4 or so) for the red zone
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Like this guy also, looks like he isn't afraid to cross the middle and he put up huge #s the last couple years. Like to see us take a flyer on him in the middle rounds.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat201:
Like this guy also, looks like he isn't afraid to cross the middle and he put up huge #s the last couple years. Like to see us take a flyer on him in the middle rounds.

nothing to write home about
Originally posted by Garcia:

Which is why he'd be a late round pick. By all accounts he works his ass off to the bone, is a leader and just an all-around good guy. He had significant injury history, just like Gore, had two ACL injuries, showed a lot of character by battling back and recovering to become the leading receiver in the nation. I'd take a shot at him with a 6th rounder, a guy that determined to come back from injury after injury, don't bet against guys like that.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 27, 2012 at 7:02 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Garcia:

Which is why he'd be a late round pick. By all accounts he works his ass off to the bone, is a leader and just an all-around good guy. He had significant injury history, just like Gore, had two ACL injuries, showed a lot of character by battling back and recovering to become the leading receiver in the nation. I'd take a shot at him with a 6th rounder, a guy that determined to come back from injury after injury, don't bet against guys like that.
yup
I MIGHT be willing to give up a 5th for White, but no earlier because I just don't think he complements our other options on offense. He's basically a poor-man's Crabtree -- and while marginally quicker/faster, he is much less polished overall as a receiver (blocking, route-running), and as mentioned, has the durability concerns.

I want SPEED/QUICKNESS/THE ABILITY TO SEPARATE + HANDS. So far, this off-season's all-star games have shown the following guys have those skills (hence their rising on team's boards right now):

WR Marvin Jones, Cal
WR Devon Wylie, Fresno St.
WR Brian Quick, Appalachian St.
WR Joe Adams, Arkansas
WR T.J. Graham, NC State

Those who have some of those abilities and have shown potential to possibly grow into very good players were:

WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas
WR Tim Benford, Tennessee Tech
WR Patrick Edwards, Houston
I love this guy as well, he will fall to the 3rd day of the draft but completely worth a 6th or 7th round pick. His intangibles are really his strength and pairing him up with Morgan(if resigned) in the weight room would light a fire under the rest of the WR corps. He's not the 6'4 beast people are craving but lets be honest that will come to us either in FA or the 1st 3 rounds of the draft. This is the type of receiver you want to round out your group with at the #4 or #5 spot... size is nice but in the end making plays and moving the chains is essential, and thats all this guy does.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I MIGHT be willing to give up a 5th for White, but no earlier because I just don't think he complements our other options on offense. He's basically a poor-man's Crabtree -- and while marginally quicker/faster, he is much less polished overall as a receiver (blocking, route-running), and as mentioned, has the durability concerns.

I want SPEED/QUICKNESS/THE ABILITY TO SEPARATE + HANDS. So far, this off-season's all-star games have shown the following guys have those skills (hence their rising on team's boards right now):

WR Marvin Jones, Cal
WR Joe Adams, Arkansas
WR T.J. Graham, NC State

Those who have some of those abilities and have shown potential to possibly grow into very good players were:

If the Niners decide to let Ted Ginn walk, then we will probably see a WR who has return abilities targeted, like a Joe Adams. Cause-effect in play. As stated in another thread, the ability to block will be a critical aspect for anyone who wants to wear the Niners' uniform and play on the outside. I think that is why the team likes Josh Morgan so much, and will surely offer him a new contract. And, that is why I think they have a giant bullseye on Sanu, who can perform a number of roles for the team, but also doesn't mind hitting people on the football field.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 16, 2012 at 10:56 AM ]

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

WR Marvin Jones, Cal
WR Joe Adams, Arkansas
WR T.J. Graham, NC State

If the Niners decide to let Ted Ginn walk, then we will probably see a WR who has return abilities targeted, like a Joe Adams. Cause-effect in play. As stated in another thread, the ability to block will be a critical aspect for anyone who wants to wear the Niners' uniform and play on the outside. I think that is why the team likes Josh Morgan so much, and will surely offer him a new contract. And, that is why I think they have a giant bullseye on Sanu, who can perform a number of roles for the team, but also doesn't mind hitting people on the football field.

I think they would take Sanu if he is there, but I think they'll be out of luck come draft day. Currently, I have Sanu going to Chicago, but think he could go anywhere from the 19 - 27 range.
I have a feeling a team is going to snag him pretty early. I know fans would freak out if we took him in the 2nd, but I dont think he'll last until our 3rd pick. I've seen him projected all over the place, usually 4th-6th range, but I'm not buying it. White is very smooth. He reminds me of a Stevie Johnson type of prospect. He's has all the talent (and even put up insane numbers), but nothing jumps out on paper. He's just a baller and I think it'll translate to the pros in the right system. He'd be monster in GB.

I wouldn't mad if we drafted White. I'm surprised you don't hear more about him.
Share 49ersWebzone