LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

Trade for ANDREW LUCK!

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Mallet had the worse work foot in the draft last year. The guy is a project and that's why he fell. Still too early to write him off though. Let's see what he does after sitting behind Brady for years.

And you bring up Rivers? The guy had 3 straight 100 rating 4,000 yard years before this year. He was a top 5 quarterback and that's not even debateable. Yeah he struggled this year. It happens.
Mallett fell b/c of his character, not only due to his footwork issues. A QB who survived the SEC that well can't have such bad footwork so that he falls down to the 3rd.

Yeah, I bring up Rivers b/c I know his relative immobility. I didnt say nothing about 2011 season at all.
Originally posted by communist:
Mallett fell b/c of his character, not only due to his footwork issues. A QB who survived the SEC that well can't have such bad footwork so that he falls down to the 3rd.

Yeah, I bring up Rivers b/c I know his relative immobility. I didnt say nothing about 2011 season at all.

The point on Philip Rivers is you're completely wrong about him. He was a top 5 quarterback going into last year. Don't be so short sighted. Oh he struggled this year now you need mobility. The guy had limited mobility his entire career and shredded defenses left and right. Tom Brady is doing just fine. Andrew Luck isn't a statue either. The guy's got mobility. 60 yard touchdown run in 10, one handed catch down the field this season. He's no Griffin obviously, but the point is he's got the ability to extend plays on the next level.

Mallet fell for multiple reasons. 1. character concerns. 2. on field concerns. Read his scouting report. Horrible footwork.
[ Edited by tjd808185 on Jan 4, 2012 at 9:22 AM ]
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
what do u think about Harbaugh and Luck conspiring to be reunited. Say Luck gets drafted by the colts and he stinks it up on purpose and then the next year his value drops dramatically and we make a good offer to the colts and pick him up for a good price...then BAM we are the best team to ever be in the NFL without having to sell the house. Pretty sneaking and very much against the rules but its probably happened before.

No.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The point on Philip Rivers is you're completely wrong about him. He was a top 5 quarterback going into last year. Don't be so short sighted. Oh he struggled this year now you need mobility. The guy had limited mobility his entire career and shredded defenses left and right. Tom Brady is doing just fine. Andrew Luck isn't a statue either. The guy's got mobility. 60 yard touchdown run in 10, one handed catch down the field this season. He's no Griffin obviously, but the point is he's got the ability to extend plays on the next level.

Mallet fell for multiple reasons. 1. character concerns. 2. on field concerns. Read his scouting report. Horrible footwork.
You misunderstood me completely. I dont even know where you get the opinion that I complained about Rivers based on this years season
Bump.
Originally posted by communist:
You misunderstood me completely. I dont even know where you get the opinion that I complained about Rivers based on this years season

I think I got ya. Yeah I definetily misunderstood what you were saying there about Rivers.
Share 49ersWebzone