LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

Trade for ANDREW LUCK!

Originally posted by Muggins879:
We all know damn well there is no way we are getting Luck.

If you trade that much maybe you can...
Schefter was saying the price would be...

3 - 1st round picks plus 2 - 2nd round picks.

O possibly...

4 - 1st round picks.

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Schefter was saying the price would be...

3 - 1st round picks plus 2 - 2nd round picks.

O possibly...

4 - 1st round picks.

5 first round picks
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Im on board. Either scenario is fine for me.

If you can get a guy this good it's not absurd. Not as crazy as people think. Look it's not just for 2012. It's for 15 years! And if he can have that impact for 15 years he's WORTH IT!......

If.

There is no such thing as a cant miss prospect.

Giving up that pile of high picks would seriously impact on our ability to evolve the team over the next few years, replacing those players whose FA financial demands force us to part company.

We have a head coach with a reputation as a quarterback developer. This seems to me to remove the driving argument for paying the world for a finished product.
Andrew Luck is not going to walk onto the Niners and become Aaron Rodgers. He'll be Alex Smith for at least 2 years. Our defense is too good to let him be Cam Newton and lose multiple games. He'll be a game manager and we'll be lucky if he's as turnover free or as clutch as Alex Smith is.

Tom Brady did not become Tom Brady overnight. 3 years in this system and who knows just how good Alex can become, and if he can't progress that's why Kaepernick is plan B.

I wouldn't straight up trade Alex Smith for Andrew Luck, and I'm not even an Alex supporter. Alex earned the right to be our quarterback of the future this season. Get over it. I'm not trading him for Luck, not trading him for Peyton Manning. It's time to build around him.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Our last 3 years of 1st round picks
2011- Aldon
2010- Davis, Iupati
2009- Crabtree

Take those 4 guys off the field

Not that I agree with trading for Luck, but you're talking about non playoff team picks between 7-17. I hope we're not planning on getting very many of those.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Adding Luck doesn't = Super Bowl. If we add him at the risk of him busting, compounded with the expense of not being able to upgrade any other position through the draft, we royally screw ourselves. It is not worth it. Luck is not worth it.

In fact, I'd venture to say there's a good chance Robert Griffin if maximized on all his potential, will surpass Luck as the better Pro QB in the future.

same thing was beeing said in the Maning vs Leaf dillemma.
I'll always take production now vs. Potential.
JaMarcus Russell had tons of potential, so did Akili Smith, Kyle Boller...
I don't know if I could pull the trigger and give up that much for a prospect who might not be ready to play for 2-3 years. I would rather spend another round 1-3 pick on another QB and let CK, Tolzien and the new guy fight it out in training camp.
lmao at ppl discussing this RIDICULOUS IDEA by none other than SD

like ANY OF YOU is going to talk him out of it
I think Luck won't have the career many are expecting here. Have a feeling it'll be Matt Ryan-esque, and not Montana-Young-Marino-Elway combined like some implicitly believe.

• mike
  • Veteran
However if he is that "elite sure thing QB" he is worth that. If somebody told you that you could get a younger version of Rodgers or Brees or Brady knowing the future and what they would eventually become over time at QB you would say that price is worth it.

Sure it would be, but you don't know the future. There is no such thing as a guarantee and he probably wouldn't even be as good as alex his first couple years.

If there ever was a guarantee I don't see why even the colts or rams would pass that up.

Plus rather than these huge 3 1st round pick trades, we're more likely to see someone like the redskins trade up for much less.
[ Edited by mike on Dec 31, 2011 at 11:38 AM ]
No thanks.
possibly 5 first round picks? LOL, NO THANKS!

Not having a 1st round pick for the next 5 years would suck!

We're not the Raiders.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Dec 31, 2011 at 11:59 AM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
How many National Championships did he win at the college level? Yea, lets trade so many picks for a guy who didn't play so hot when facing good teams in the Pac-12 this year.

Good Lord, he is NOT the best QB prospect to come out in the last 15-20 years. Don't buy into that hype. At least you didn't propose franchising Goldson and then trading him to another team for two 1st round picks - and using those picks to get Luck.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
possibly 5 first round picks? LOL, NO THANKS!

Not having a 1st round pick for the next 5 years would suck!

We're not the Raiders.

I think Shefter said the price could be this.

3 - 1st rounders plus 2 - 2nd rounders.

Or...

4 - 1st round picks.

I'm not sure where these guys are getting 5 first rounders? Link? Did Schefter say that?
Share 49ersWebzone