There are 237 users in the forums

trading up for a WR?

usually i dont like trading up but if we resign our core guys in carlos rogers alex smith and brooks our needs are limited really to a playmaker/RZ target at WR

so would you guys be in favor of trading up if floyd or alshon jeffery both are big RZ targets with great hands and would fit well in our system

also vernon -our best RZ target constantly gets doubled because we dont have any other players who are big enough to demand a double team so picking up one of them will free up VD as floyd or alshon will both demand extra attention in the RZ

IMO if they fall to below 15 range i wouldnt mind giving up a couple picks to trade up for one of them

having
floyd/alshon
crabtree
morgan
williams

that is a solid core right there

and for once in a long long long time we have 2 solid starters with great hands and a RZ target
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
It really depends on how Baalke addresses our resignings and free agency signings.

But I would be in favor of doing a trade up, but not as severe as what the Falcons gave up to the Browns.
Originally posted by GEEK:
It really depends on how Baalke addresses our resignings and free agency signings.

But I would be in favor of doing a trade up, but not as severe as what the Falcons gave up to the Browns.

if we can get blackmon with the same package, i may have to consider
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

if we can get blackmon with the same package, i may have to consider

Blackmon is gonna be waaaaay outta our range, probably be comparable to trading for Andrew Luck.

ya i dont want to trade up to the top 10

then its not worth it because this is a deep WR class

but alshon or floyd can really help put us over the top
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

ya i dont want to trade up to the top 10

then its not worth it because this is a deep WR class

but alshon or floyd can really help put us over the top

Depends on what they run at the Combine. If they run high 4.5's than they might be available in picks 20-32, which at the most could cost us 260 points according to the DVTC (assuming we won the Super Bowl of course. Which would pretty much equal our 1st and 2nd round picks or 1st 3rd and 4th round picks, I'd much rather let the draft come to us.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Depends on what they run at the Combine. If they run high 4.5's than they might be available in picks 20-32, which at the most could cost us 260 points according to the DVTC (assuming we won the Super Bowl of course. Which would pretty much equal our 1st and 2nd round picks or 1st 3rd and 4th round picks, I'd much rather let the draft come to us.

floyd is top 10 talent but suffered because of DUI

alson was considered the best WR this draft class but poor qb play caused him to drop

both have top 10 talent

both are smart players and have great hands

worst case scenario they are big RZ targets that take the double team of VD

i would definitally trade a 1st and a 2nd to fix a problem that has been there since 2002
I wouldnt trade that much for a WR...If the QB is good enough, then nearly every WR on the roster will look good and play good. But if the QB is bad, then the best WR is useless. Just look at the Colts.
this draft is loaded with WR's, if anything I would trade back a bit and get extra picks, we need more depth
Originally posted by jreff22:
this draft is loaded with WR's, if anything I would trade back a bit and get extra picks, we need more depth

it is loaded withWR very deep class

but

with morgan coming back and with crabs and williams we have a solid core there we probablly need 1 more good/great WR to make us a decent WR corps to above average

and really the only ones that will start over KW are blackmon foyd and alshon

it is loaded withWR very deep class

but

with morgan coming back and with crabs and williams we have a solid core there we probablly need 1 more good/great WR to make us a decent WR corps to above average

and really the only ones that will start over KW are blackmon foyd and alshon

I would say "would start over Morgan", not Williams. Williams has proven himself to be a nasty weapon, I love Morgan but Williams is more dangerous. We can get a goo WR at the end of the 1st just as easy as the top of the 2nd. If we are talking about a difference of 10 picks not many WR's will be taken in that span...figure at least 1-2 QB's, a few OL, 2 DB's, a few DL, and a RB...WR wont be going like hotcakes in that time frame. Getting an extra 2nd and 3rd would go a long way for adding play makers.
I would say "would start over Morgan", not Williams. Williams has proven himself to be a nasty weapon, I love Morgan but Williams is more dangerous. We can get a goo WR at the end of the 1st just as easy as the top of the 2nd. If we are talking about a difference of 10 picks not many WR's will be taken in that span...figure at least 1-2 QB's, a few OL, 2 DB's, a few DL, and a RB...WR wont be going like hotcakes in that time frame. Getting an extra 2nd and 3rd would go a long way for adding play makers.

thats actually what i mean morgan not williams

if we want playmaker we should get kendall wright fast and playmaker like desean jackson but with better hands and no headaches

he also is smallish at 5 10

thats actually what i mean morgan not williams

if we want playmaker we should get kendall wright fast and playmaker like desean jackson but with better hands and no headaches

he also is smallish at 5 10

We need a big target, the RZ woes coupled by the signing of Edwards shows what Jim wanted and didn't get. I would look for a 6'3 or bigger WR drafted in the first 2 rounds. Rookie-Crabs-Williams, w/Morgan coming off the bench would be great.

Dwight Jones is looking like the guy right now.
Could be with right team and Floyd still there.
Floyd would be worth it. Blackmon will go early, so it will cost too much to move up for him, and Alshon will probably be there when we pick. He has fallen off the map very quickly. I think with a solid combine he could move back into the first, but i think the 2nd round is where he belongs right now.
Share 49ersWebzone