LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Countdown to the 2012 SENIOR BOWL (Jan.18): 0 days

• mayo49
  • Veteran
3 days
woooooooooooooooo
nice updates jreff. I like Fleming as a potential late 2nd round pick for the Niners if Hayward is gone. I just have a feeling that there will just be a major run on CB b/c every team needs
Noteworthy observations I found from the weigh-in (yeah, I'm late, bear with me):

* WR Criner checking in at barely 6-2.

* WR Fuller checking in at a better than expected 6' 4 1/8"

* WR McNutt, as expected, hit at exactly 6' 2.5" at the weigh-in.

* DL Kendall Reyes was taller than expected, almost 6-4, checking in at 6' 3 7/8" and 300 lbs.

* DL Derek Wolfe was more than 10 pounds lighter than expected, weighing in at 6-5 286 pounds.

* WR Joe Adams was much lighter than expected. Instead of 5-11 190, he hit 5' 10.5" at only 176 lbs. Still, a tad bigger than D-Jax.

* OL Ben Jones weighed in more than 10 pounds lighter.

* WR Brian Quick easily had the most impressive wingspan of all the receivers and checked in at a nice, fit 6' 3.5" 222 pounds. If he can hang with the others this week and impress, he'll go in the 2nd round.
The star of the shrine game/practices, CB Josh Norman, replaces CB Denard, who is out with a hip flexor at the Senior Bowl.
Let's see how he does against some better competition, excited to see. Per Rotoworld
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Noteworthy observations I found from the weigh-in (yeah, I'm late, bear with me):

* WR Criner checking in at barely 6-2.

* WR Fuller checking in at a better than expected 6' 4 1/8"

* WR McNutt, as expected, hit at exactly 6' 2.5" at the weigh-in.

* DL Kendall Reyes was taller than expected, almost 6-4, checking in at 6' 3 7/8" and 300 lbs.

* DL Derek Wolfe was more than 10 pounds lighter than expected, weighing in at 6-5 286 pounds.

* WR Joe Adams was much lighter than expected. Instead of 5-11 190, he hit 5' 10.5" at only 176 lbs. Still, a tad bigger than D-Jax.

* OL Ben Jones weighed in more than 10 pounds lighter.

* WR Brian Quick easily had the most impressive wingspan of all the receivers and checked in at a nice, fit 6' 3.5" 222 pounds. If he can hang with the others this week and impress, he'll go in the 2nd round.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/162093-new-redzone-target-updated-senior-bowl-e-w-shrine-measurements/

Originally posted by mtminer:
The star of the shrine game/practices, CB Josh Norman, replaces CB Denard, who is out with a hip flexor at the Senior Bowl.
Let's see how he does against some better competition, excited to see. Per Rotoworld

I knew Dennard had to be injured, he is way better than getting roasted by these guys. I remember last year in their bowl game vs Locker and Washington he shut down Jermaine Kearse. He has done well vs a lot of guys, uncharacteristic to see him be getting beat like a drum.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
2 days
Originally posted by mtminer:

Great addition. He was amazing last week, and should have been there this week. Bullseye guy for sure.
Maddog do you have an opinion on Dwight Bentley. Or any word on how he's been looking. I was reading up on him last week that he played high school ball with Janoris Jenkins. And how some thought he was a better player but his small size hurt him

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/day-3-at-senior-bowl-risers-and-fallers/

NYT doing a good job on covering the senior bowl. From reading about whats going

Biggest Surprises (limited to 3):
-Doug Martin really wining people over, I wasn't that impressed with him watching Boise St play
-WR Marvin Jones, I've read nothing but good things about him. He may not be flashy, but sounds like he is so technically sound and NFL ready he will get plenty of looks in the mid rounds
-RB Isaiah Pead is apparently looking dissapointing, constantly trying to go outside.I thought he was better than that.

Not surprised:
-QB Wheeden was the best QB. This guy was lights out (minus one game) this year in CFB and watching him throw to Blackmon was watching 2 NFL players beat up on some college kids. I know he is old, but I thought this guy is just a great prospect.
-Quentin Coples was apparently the most dominant player on the field, earning his top 10 pick status, maybe good enough performance to push top 5?
QB Kellen Moore can't pass the ball more than 20 yards, as expected. I like how the NYT article points out how dumb it is to compare him to Brees which I've been saying for months!
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Jan 26, 2012 at 9:34 AM ]
Originally posted by mayo49:
2 days

woooooooooooooooo
Of the players presented at the senior bowl who do you think that the Niners would be interested in? Anyone going to do a post Senior Bowl mock draft taking into account the results of the Senior bowl evals?
Originally posted by lamontb:
Maddog do you have an opinion on Dwight Bentley. Or any word on how he's been looking. I was reading up on him last week that he played high school ball with Janoris Jenkins. And how some thought he was a better player but his small size hurt him

Another one of those shorter CB's, but plays bigger and tougher. He is super aggressive, and a guy who really improved his stock this week. I don't think he is at the level of a Jenkins or Boykins in pure coverage skills, but in that next level down with Heyward and Leonard Johnson. Right now, he looks like a nickel corner, but has some upside.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Of the players presented at the senior bowl who do you think that the Niners would be interested in? Anyone going to do a post Senior Bowl mock draft taking into account the results of the Senior bowl evals?

I think they are going to take a serious look at these players:
1) Cordy Glenn- unlikely to be on the board
2) Kelechi Osemele- Will be drafted right in this area
3) Melvin Ingram- Combine measurables might drop him into the late first round
4) Cam Johnson- Long athlete to play opposite A. Smith
5) Josh Norman- Tall corner who can run
6) Markelle Martin- Probably the first FS off the board, may end up being a necessity pick
7) Kendall Reyes- Future replacement for Justin Smith in a couple years; having a stellar week
8) Brian Quick- Long and fast receiver
9) Janoris Jenkins- Likely a top 20 pick
Share 49ersWebzone