LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 343 users in the forums

MOCK WITH NO TRADES

• buck
  • Veteran
MOCK WITH NO TRADES

FREE AGENTS (only ours)

Offense: Resign Alex Smith and Josh Morgan

Defense: Resign Carlos Rogers and Dashon Goldson.

Special Teams: Resign Ted Ginn and Blake Constanzo

DRAFT (note: I give us a 4th round comp)

1st Kendall Wright WR Baylor 5-10 190 4.42

2nd Nick Perry OLB USC 6-3 250 4.59

3rd Kevin Zeitler OG Wisconsin 6-4 318 5.26

4th Leonard Johnson CB Iowa State 5-10 202 4.49

4th Brian Quick WR Appalachian St 6-4 216 4.63

5th Trenton Robinson FS Michigan St 5-10 195 4.46

6th Brett Roy DE Nevada 6-3 280 4.88

Kelcie McCray SS Arkansas State 6-2 195 4.48
[ Edited by buck on Dec 22, 2011 at 8:43 AM ]
nice job, buck. gonna have to resign some other guys, tho. Brooks, Grant, Snyder come immediately to mind.

But your draft addresses the team's needs, IMHO.
Touches all the bases. If hypercritical I would say cb left late and there is a need for a late pick on the O line. But good work.
Solid draft. Zeitler OG Wisconsin is a very good pick, he's toughas nails.
love the Brian Quick pick, heard great things about him
Nice work Buck! I think Zeitler would go in the second and Perry in the third, but you hit all the positions of need. Would be very happy with that draft and the free agent signings.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
How could anyone not like a WR named Quick!

Gives new meaning to "quick out" or "quick slant."
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
How could anyone not like a WR named Quick!

Gives new meaning to "quick out" or "quick slant."

is he the son of former eagles wr mike quick
Nice work.
I dont think we will get anywhere near a 4th in comp pick. We gained more quality then lost.

Akers, Whitner, Goodwin, Rogers gained

Spikes, Franklin, Baas, Lawson lost.

Clements doesnt count as he was cut, Braylon would even offset it with us not getting any comp picks.

The players are all good, although there are two that I think would be unavailable at their spots.

Nick Perry has been deemed the best underclassman hybrid-OLB prospect in this draft currently. In a less-than-stellar pass rushing class this year, this makes his value even higher. As it stands, he is expected to be one of the first three pass-rushers taken in April.

Brett Roy is also a highly touted player now, although not many knew his name or even still, don't know him. He has ravaged opposing OLs. Right now he's seen as a 4th-5th round guy on the rise. It would be a surprising for him to go later than the 5th.

Roy is a lot like Justin Smith, and this year he has put up 10 sacks and 18.5 TFL, being named First Team All-WAc.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't think we need another 5'10" reciever. We already have Smurfs in Josh and Williams. We need a #1 with height and speed opposite Crabs.
Originally posted by mayo49:
I don't think we need another 5'10" reciever. We already have Smurfs in Josh and Williams. We need a #1 with height and speed opposite Crabs.

I totally agree here, it looks like we have our slot guy in Kyle, and Josh Morgan is a proven vet now....we do need a WR with the measurables in case Crabs leaves.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

I totally agree here, it looks like we have our slot guy in Kyle, and Josh Morgan is a proven vet now....we do need a WR with the measurables in case Crabs leaves.
What is important is the quality of the receiver, not the height of the receiver.

In my estimation, Kendall Wright will be the quality number one receiver that we do not have.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

What is important is the quality of the receiver, not the height of the receiver.

In my estimation, Kendall Wright will be the quality number one receiver that we do not have.

We might have no choice but to grab Kendall, as all the big recievers will be gone by the time we pick.
Share 49ersWebzone