LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 141 users in the forums

Colin Kaepernick and the huge white gibbon

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Great QBs make the O line better. Manning, Rodgers, Brady, and Brees all get the ball out before defenses get to the QBs. Can't win SBs with averages QB play. Yes Baltimore did it, but pretty much everyne else had star QBs.

So did Tampa Bay. Not just Baltimore...

True
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Even though I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE to have Landry Jones, and with selecting BPA, I don't think we should go QB in the 1st. We have to stop neglecting our secondary and get that mess fixed.

this
Therefore, the seven draft picks they currently have are going to be gold to the front office.

We have 8 draft choices.
Therefore, the seven draft picks they currently have are going to be gold to the front office.

We have 8 draft choices.

Where does the 8th pick come from? The 7th round pick for Taylor Mays is for the 2013 draft.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

We have 8 draft choices.

Where does the 8th pick come from? The 7th round pick for Taylor Mays is for the 2013 draft.

Hmm I havn't seen anything suggesting 2013. Wikipedia which notes undisclosed picks doesn't list it. Intial reports suggested 2012. Not really sure. Saw something from a Bengals reporter indicating 2013. Not much else.
Would love to have franchise QB like Luck. After all the QB position is the most important

We have 8 draft choices.

Hmm I havn't seen anything suggesting 2013. Wikipedia which notes undisclosed picks doesn't list it. Intial reports suggested 2012. Not really sure. Saw something from a Bengals reporter indicating 2013. Not much else.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2011/8/29/2392242/taylor-mays-trade-49ers-reportedly-get-a-seventh-round-pick
Just speculation not fact. Not a credible reference.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

You know what I can't really find a link to confirm this.
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Would love to have franchise QB like Luck. After all the QB position is the most important

How are you planning on getting that where we pick?

Here is the link from the Cincinatti Bengals website:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/9/21/2440668/bengals-nearly-traded-fourth-round-pick-for-taylor-mays-during-2010
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Here is the link from the Cincinatti Bengals website:

http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/9/21/2440668/bengals-nearly-traded-fourth-round-pick-for-taylor-mays-during-2010

Thanks m_brock, I actually saw that article but didn't read the whole thing, I thought it was just about how the Bengals wanted to trade for Mays during the draft.
With the demand for premium QB talent, it isn't likely that one of those 4 QBs will still be on the board when we pick.

If one is, I would definitely listen to trade offers as there will be quite the bidding war for a quality QB had "on the cheap", late in the first round. We have lots of one year contracts, some of which we won't be able to extend. So the extra picks would definitely help restock our roster.

Of course, I would leave the estimation of potential to Harbaugh, since he knows much more about QBs than I ever will.

So I hope one of the elite QB talents falls to us because we will have a choice between two really great alternatives.
The QB of the future is Alex Smith, and when he signs a 5 year, $49 million deal in about two months, this whole thing will be resolved once and for all....until Nate Davis leaves the buffet table and makes a public appearance...then all bets are off.

The CK pick is looking more and more like another brilliant stroke of genius in the second round, following the likes of: Taylor Mays, Chilo Rachal and company.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
The QB of the future is Alex Smith, and when he signs a 5 year, $49 million deal in about two months, this whole thing will be resolved once and for all....until Nate Davis leaves the buffet table and makes a public appearance...then all bets are off.

The CK pick is looking more and more like another brilliant stroke of genius in the second round, following the likes of: Taylor Mays, Chilo Rachal and company.

5 years and $49 million? Why so much?
Share 49ersWebzone