LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Kendall Wright bandwagon

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Wright in the slot with Crabs and Moss on the outside looks good.

thats the best scenario for next years WR position
I think he rebounds very well at his Pro-Day, and gets back into the mid-1st round conversation. In the end, I think the WR order goes like this:
1. Blackmon
2. Wright
3. Floyd
4. Hill

In the end, I expect all 4 to be off the board after the 25th pick.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think he rebounds very well at his Pro-Day, and gets back into the mid-1st round conversation. In the end, I think the WR order goes like this:
1. Blackmon
2. Wright
3. Floyd
4. Hill

In the end, I expect all 4 to be off the board after the 25th pick.

Seems likely. I know they won't make it past the 30th.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Close Kendall Wright registered 16% body fat at the Combine, "one of the highest percentages for a WR in the past decade." http://is.gd/xE1dby

Retweeted by Eric Branch

This dude is gonna slide big time, wouldn't be shocked if he lasts until the 3rd round.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Evan Silva ‏ @evansilva Close Kendall Wright registered 16% body fat at the Combine, "one of the highest percentages for a WR in the past decade." http://is.gd/xE1dby

Retweeted by Eric Branch

This dude is gonna slide big time, wouldn't be shocked if he lasts until the 3rd round.

gotta admit thats soft as hell. some of us are lucky to get that low with consistent activity but for a 4 year college player to register that % then I wholeheartedly believe that 4.61 40 time was legit. IF and I mean IF he had that bad of a work ethic then we might as well draft Alshon, at least he played against consistently more skilled corners in the SEC then in the BIG12 and could solve our redzone and 3rd down conversion issues.
[ Edited by sfout on Apr 19, 2012 at 5:27 PM ]
Originally posted by sfout:

Retweeted by Eric Branch

gotta admit thats soft as hell. some of us are lucky to get that low with consistent activity but for a 4 year college player to register that % then I wholeheartedly believe that 4.61 40 time was legit. IF and I mean IF he had that bad of a work ethic then we might as well draft Alshon, at least he played against consistently more skilled corners in the SEC then in the BIG12 and could solve our redzone and 3rd down conversion issues.

He ran a 4.4 at his pro day. Once he gets in an offseason program with conditioning he'll lose some of the weight again. He still has mad skills and looked great at his pro day, he just needs someone to force him to get in shape. But if he can be that fast at 16% body fat he can probably run a 4.3 something if he's in shape. He's still a really good player.

I'm not against Alshon btw. I like him better than most of the people on here.

Retweeted by Eric Branch

I find that extremely hard to believe. Have you ever googled 16% body fat under images. There everyone's before pic that went on a diet.
I STILL don't get the love for Kendall Wright. Sooo over-rated imo:

4 bench presses
SHORT
SHORT ARMS
SLOW
.......now 'chubby' (probably lack of work ethic)
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Retweeted by Eric Branch

He ran a 4.4 at his pro day. Once he gets in an offseason program with conditioning he'll lose some of the weight again. He still has mad skills and looked great at his pro day, he just needs someone to force him to get in shape. But if he can be that fast at 16% body fat he can probably run a 4.3 something if he's in shape. He's still a really good player.

Yea I'd be happy with either one but I still think if we were going to take someone who had to be forced to workout we might as well take someone who will help as much as possible in terms of known issues. I'm one of the bigger supporters of both of them and have always advocated for simply a playmaker on the field, not specifically a WR, TE, or RB but under these circumstances I just see Alshon as the better choice.

Either one would help but thats just me.

Also Lott - 16% body fat is not the before photo, for the average person, its the after photo. Average body fat of a young adult male is 25+%, once you hit the mid to lower teens you are consider "athletic" or "above average" in BMI. 16% is still in shape but I would not be happy about it if I was an NFL team about to invest a 1st round pick in a small WR who could have just as serious issues as people say Alshon has.
Originally posted by kronik:
I STILL don't get the love for Kendall Wright. Sooo over-rated imo:

4 bench presses
SHORT
SHORT ARMS
SLOW
.......now 'chubby' (probably lack of work ethic)

4.4 speed
Great routes
Great hands
1600 yards
108 catches
14 TDs

He can flat out get open and get down the field and catch everything.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Retweeted by Eric Branch

if millions of dollars can't motivate him to workout then I doubt an off season program will.

Retweeted by Eric Branch

if millions of dollars can't motivate him to workout then I doubt an off season program will.

They said something similar about Anthony Davis before the draft.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Wright in the slot with Crabs and Moss on the outside looks good.

thats the best scenario for next years WR position

yay right in that tight slot
  • mike
  • Veteran
If he falls as far as some scouts are saying he will(rumored to have lots of 3rd round grades from scouts), he'll end up a huge steal considering all of his college production and big play potential. It's not often talent like Wrights falls past the 1st round.
If that is true I might shy away from him at 30 but still would take a chance at 61... same with Jeffery.

P.S. Looks a bit out of shape in the belly area but not 16% body fat....

Here is him running the 40 at his pro day... doesn't look like he has a 6 pack but doesn't look fat.. (skip ahead to 30 seconds for run)

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Apr 20, 2012 at 1:06 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone