There are 204 users in the forums

Do we draft another QB in 2012?

Do we draft another QB in 2012?

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by sfout:
I think we could have an extremely small shot at draft a QB but it's very unlikely. Smith will be back, Kaep will be practicing his throwing motion for another year and Tolzien could be back but before we even think about draft a QB Harbaugh will be calling Josh Johnson up and asking if he wants to come back home lol. Signing JJ is a far more likely option then drafting a QB.

With the poor season Freeman has had, there is ZERO chance TB will let Johnson go without a very good counter-offer.

he doesn't have to take it. he's a ufa so unless dominik grossly overpays him for a backup role he's going to be in another city even if it's not SF. I'm just speaking from a sound perspective, if JH was going to bring in another QB and axe Tolzien it would be JJ rather then using any of our picks on a 3rd string QB. They have history and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the system is the same as USD so JJ could pick it up faster then a fresh faced day 3 draft pick.

I think Tolzien is going to be around for a bit, his contract details still haven't been released so it could've been a multi year deal so this whole discussion could be a moot point. JJ won't happen unless we only signed Tolz to a 1 year deal and he ends up leaving.
  • dj43
Originally posted by dj43:
I think we could have an extremely small shot at draft a QB but it's very unlikely. Smith will be back, Kaep will be practicing his throwing motion for another year and Tolzien could be back but before we even think about draft a QB Harbaugh will be calling Josh Johnson up and asking if he wants to come back home lol. Signing JJ is a far more likely option then drafting a QB.

With the poor season Freeman has had, there is ZERO chance TB will let Johnson go without a very good counter-offer.

he doesn't have to take it. he's a ufa so unless dominik grossly overpays him for a backup role he's going to be in another city even if it's not SF. I'm just speaking from a sound perspective, if JH was going to bring in another QB and axe Tolzien it would be JJ rather then using any of our picks on a 3rd string QB. They have history and I wouldn't be surprised if some of the system is the same as USD so JJ could pick it up faster then a fresh faced day 3 draft pick.

I think Tolzien is going to be around for a bit, his contract details still haven't been released so it could've been a multi year deal so this whole discussion could be a moot point. JJ won't happen unless we only signed Tolz to a 1 year deal and he ends up leaving.

I concur with the idea there is no need to draft another QB.
Share 49ersWebzone