LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

Do we draft another QB in 2012?

Do we draft another QB in 2012?

Alex will finish this season, should he start the next one?
No, we drafted Kaepernick, If we draft another QB then the Kaepernick pick was a waste
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
FA will be brought in after Alex is let go.
This thread has about a 0.0001 percent chance of survival. Good luck!!!
s**t we lose 1 game and its happening again, NT is borderline unbearable after a loss
And, then the old Board Switcheroo happened!!
Originally posted by valrod33:
No, we drafted Kaepernick, If we draft another QB then the Kaepernick pick was a waste

Won't be the first time that happened.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
And, then the old Board Switcheroo happened!!

Or that
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Maybe not high, but probably in the 4th round or later on. I still do believe Smith will return, what veteran out there can come in and do any better?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Nah, I think we're find for now. If we can go 10-3 with Smith, Kaepernick and Tolzien, we can go with that for a few more years.

• cools
  • Veteran
Yes.

Niners trade Kaepernick and draft picks to Indy, Niners on the clock

otherwise no, we have two young QB's (Kap, Tolz)
yes because kaepernick has been a dismal failure...he is only hitting 60% of his passes and has missed on his last 2
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by hofer36:
yes because kaepernick has been a dismal failure...he is only hitting 60% of his passes and has missed on his last 2

Oh I thought you were serious.
Yes, but I'm an admitted kaepernick hater. I think it would be wise to at least use a late round pick and bring in a QB to compete with Tolzien.

Of course, there aren't many late round QB picks that I'm big on at the moment. I'm a big fan of Weeden if he falls due to his age. I think Cousins has awesome potential, great release, great technique and great arm strength, just needs to improve accuracy and is prone to bad decisions. Russell WiIlson, Kellen Moore, Case Keenum, Dominique Davis also make the watch list. I mean, if Kellen Moore is around in the 7th....why not?

I'm curious about Yale's Patrick Witt does. I honestly haven't seen him play, so I don't have an opinion on him. But seems like a smart guy, prototypical size for NFL QB, obviously a smart guy, and most prolific passer in Yale history. Hopefully he gets invited to some workouts/combines/shrine games ect. so we can see him perform.
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 14, 2011 at 12:07 AM ]
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I think we could have an extremely small shot at draft a QB but it's very unlikely. Smith will be back, Kaep will be practicing his throwing motion for another year and Tolzien could be back but before we even think about draft a QB Harbaugh will be calling Josh Johnson up and asking if he wants to come back home lol. Signing JJ is a far more likely option then drafting a QB.
Share 49ersWebzone