There are 186 users in the forums

Bucky Brooks Top 10 WR/TE

• dj43
Given the problems the 49ers have had this season trying to find wide receivers to jump start the passing game, I would not be at all surprised to see them trade up in the first round to grab a big-play guy that could take the lid off this offense. Remembering the close relationship Harbaugh had with Walsh, and the fact Bill traded up to get Jerry Rice, something like this would not surprise me at all.

A lot of observers around the league have noticed what the zone has noticed; this team needs a #1 receiver and it is obvious Crabtree is not going to be that guy. MC could be very good as a #2, however if this team is to get to the level of offense to compete with Green Bay and New Orleans, they MUST have a substantial upgrade at WR. Those other teams have MUCH more depth at WR so when a Joshua Morgan goes down, they just move someone else in.
Originally posted by dj43:
Given the problems the 49ers have had this season trying to find wide receivers to jump start the passing game, I would not be at all surprised to see them trade up in the first round to grab a big-play guy that could take the lid off this offense. Remembering the close relationship Harbaugh had with Walsh, and the fact Bill traded up to get Jerry Rice, something like this would not surprise me at all.

A lot of observers around the league have noticed what the zone has noticed; this team needs a #1 receiver and it is obvious Crabtree is not going to be that guy. MC could be very good as a #2, however if this team is to get to the level of offense to compete with Green Bay and New Orleans, they MUST have a substantial upgrade at WR. Those other teams have MUCH more depth at WR so when a Joshua Morgan goes down, they just move someone else in.

I disagree with Crabtree not going to be the #1, look I'm as disappointed/frustrated with him as most, but if he's just able to continue to play without another injury interrupting, especially offseason/preseason, he sure has looked like he CAN be that #1 guy, especially in a West Coast offense. Look, Rice was 6'2" 200 and was a star in the WC offense, Crabtree is 6'1" 214 I believe, he can definitely be the #1

that being said, we do need to add a WR, and I think the one that needs to be added is the tall jump-ball threat kind of receiver, that's why I think Jeffery/Jones would be a great fit for us early on.

Crabtree, Jeffery/Jones, with Williams on the slot, I would love Wright but he and Williams are very similar and although I think Wright is going to be a stud, if Williams is going to continue to ball the way he has let him be that slot guy that can fill in as a #2 when an injury comes up and let's upgrade in more needed WR areas.

I didn't even mention Morgan .... he's an asset to this team, much like Arnaz Battle was a very underrated asset to us during those sucky last few years
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Haven't really heard much about Alshon jeffrey. Is he predicted to be long gone by the time we pick?

I think he's a late first round talent if the WR come off the board in a normal fashion. I truly think that SF may take a long look at this guy because he is that large Megatron type of receiver that we need. I see us possible parting ways with Braylon after this year and he could come in to replace him. We do a lot of sniffing around down here in SC just look at Philip Adams and Culliver.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
What's the take on Jeff Fuller, son of the 49ers great? What are his skills and where in the draft will he fall? Would he fit on the Niners' perhaps as a second round choice?

I'm not very impressed by Jeff Fuller. He doesn't seem to have much speed, struggles to get seperation from the defender, and lets the ball into his body. He doesn't standout to me. On a positive note, he looks like a pretty good blocker in run support.

Share 49ersWebzone