There are 143 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Championship Weekend (12/3)

Big fan of Conningham and Martin.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
List completely updated.

HUGE matchups for 49ers fans to watch today. The players in particular to key in on are:

FS Whitely (Va. Tech)
FS Henry (Wisconsin)
FS Rambo* (Georgia)
FS Martin (Okla. State)

WR Wright (Baylor)
WR Martin (Mich. State)

OG Zeitler (Wisconsin)
OG Brooks (va. Tech)

C Jones (Georgia)
C Blake (Baylor)

OLB Branch (Clemson)
OLB Robinson (Texas)

DE/DT Randall (Texas)
DE/DT Worthy (Mich. State)

CB Fleming (Oklahoma)

How'd the rest of the safeties do tonight? I was watching the OSU game on my laptop with one earbud plugged in but I was watching a movie at the same time so and didn't pay a whole lot of attention since it became a blowout.

Also I switched over just to the WIS/MSU game for the final 6 minutes and good lord is Keshawn Martin a stud. I know it was a 1 foot catch and wouldn't work for the pros but that catch on the sideline was absolutely incredible. I guess with the college rules it could've gone either way. But that punt return to put them at the 2 with a minute left was incredible as well. Too bad it got called back for the roughing the kicker call :/

Also why didn't you include Blackmon or Toon on your updated list? I know Blackmon is a reach because he would require a Julio Jones like trade of 3-5 picks to move up for but Toon is in a similar standing with Wright isn't he?

I had a hard time catching all the other safeties. Only saw Henry mostly. I assume Martin did well, considering Oklahoma didn't do so well. Rambo was OK from what I saw.

I did not include Blackmon because we'll have no chance at him. Did not include Toon because he's not the kind of WR we need. Another Josh Morgan type, which doesn't complement our offense. We need a size mismatch and a speed mismatch to complement the strong-handed, good-route-running main go-to guys in Crabtree and Morgan.

Yea I saw Martin make some good plays so I'll just have to keep an eye on him. Good call on Toon, I have been way high on Keshawn Martin for a long time, I'm really starting to hope we take him.

It really looked to me like Martin should have won that game for MSU. Both the sideline play and the punt return were amazing plays where he did everything humanly possible to make the play. I thought he got his toe in bounds. And running into the punter didn't affect his run back. Sucks for him. But he looks like he could be a late round steal for someone. Sort of like Antonio Brown... (who I wanted the 9ers to draft!)
  • buck
  • Veteran
Trumaine Johnson from Montana had 1 interception

Nick Toon 3 for 34 Not a good day

Brian Quick 7 for 41 Not that good

B. Cunningham 5 for 115 3 scores Great day-- He has to be getting more respect.
[ Edited by buck on Dec 4, 2011 at 2:51 AM ]
Martin stood out, like what I saw from Ball who ran really well between the tackles.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
List completely updated.

HUGE matchups for 49ers fans to watch today. The players in particular to key in on are:

FS Whitely (Va. Tech)
FS Henry (Wisconsin)
FS Rambo* (Georgia)
FS Martin (Okla. State)

WR Wright (Baylor)
WR Martin (Mich. State)

OG Zeitler (Wisconsin)
OG Brooks (va. Tech)

C Jones (Georgia)
C Blake (Baylor)

OLB Branch (Clemson)
OLB Robinson (Texas)

DE/DT Randall (Texas)
DE/DT Worthy (Mich. State)

CB Fleming (Oklahoma)

How'd the rest of the safeties do tonight? I was watching the OSU game on my laptop with one earbud plugged in but I was watching a movie at the same time so and didn't pay a whole lot of attention since it became a blowout.

Also I switched over just to the WIS/MSU game for the final 6 minutes and good lord is Keshawn Martin a stud. I know it was a 1 foot catch and wouldn't work for the pros but that catch on the sideline was absolutely incredible. I guess with the college rules it could've gone either way. But that punt return to put them at the 2 with a minute left was incredible as well. Too bad it got called back for the roughing the kicker call :/

Also why didn't you include Blackmon or Toon on your updated list? I know Blackmon is a reach because he would require a Julio Jones like trade of 3-5 picks to move up for but Toon is in a similar standing with Wright isn't he?

I had a hard time catching all the other safeties. Only saw Henry mostly. I assume Martin did well, considering Oklahoma didn't do so well. Rambo was OK from what I saw.

I did not include Blackmon because we'll have no chance at him. Did not include Toon because he's not the kind of WR we need. Another Josh Morgan type, which doesn't complement our offense. We need a size mismatch and a speed mismatch to complement the strong-handed, good-route-running main go-to guys in Crabtree and Morgan.

Yea I saw Martin make some good plays so I'll just have to keep an eye on him. Good call on Toon, I have been way high on Keshawn Martin for a long time, I'm really starting to hope we take him.

It really looked to me like Martin should have won that game for MSU. Both the sideline play and the punt return were amazing plays where he did everything humanly possible to make the play. I thought he got his toe in bounds. And running into the punter didn't affect his run back. Sucks for him. But he looks like he could be a late round steal for someone. Sort of like Antonio Brown... (who I wanted the 9ers to draft!)

I was SCREAMING for the 49ers to draft Antonio Brown. With all the skill he showcased at Central Michigan, I was surprised he didn't go sooner. I had him at a 3rd round grade.

Whoever made the dumb penalty for MSU lost them that game. Martin almost set them up for a win. Martin could be a late 6th round steal. Unlike Antonio Brown though, Martin has not had as productive of a career.
I was SCREAMING for the 49ers to draft Antonio Brown. With all the skill he showcased at Central Michigan, I was surprised he didn't go sooner. I had him at a 3rd round grade.

Whoever made the dumb penalty for MSU lost them that game. Martin almost set them up for a win. Martin could be a late 6th round steal. Unlike Antonio Brown though, Martin has not had as productive of a career.

I'm pretty sure I found out about Brown by reading this board. So I might owe you for that one.

But my mock that year had us taking Brown and Blount in the late rounds. That would have been a pretty awesome draft....

What's the word on Ball? I remember watching a Wisconsin game a year ago and LOVING watching them pound the ball with Ball and Clay. Clay hasn't amounted to much... How high is Ball likely to get drafted?
Share 49ersWebzone