LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Championship Weekend (12/3)

Here are the prospects to watch today. Enjoy!

(currently being updated, be patient)

#17 Baylor vs. #22 Texas, 3:45 PM EST (ABC)
Baylor:
WR Kendall Wright, 5-10 190 4.42
QB Robert Griffin, 6-2 220 4.52 * JR
C Philip Blake, 6-2 320 5.26
RB Terrance Ganaway, 5-11 240 4.62
NT Nicolas Jean-Baptiste, 6-2 335 5.06

Texas:
FB Cody Johnson, 5-11 252 4.72
ILB Emmanuel Acho, 6-2 245 4.79
OLB Keenan Robinson, 6-3 240 4.68
DT Kheeston Randall, 6-5 305 5.07
FS Blake Gideon, 6-0 205 4.64
DE/OLB Alex Okafor, 6-4 260 4.62 * JR

#14 Georgia vs. #1 LSU, 4:00 PM EST (CBS)
Georgia:
C Ben Jones, 6-3 316 5.26
OG Cordy Glenn, 6-5 348 5.28
CB Brandon Boykin, 5-9 183 4.44
DT DeAngelo Tyson, 6-2 306 5.02
DT Kwame Geathers, 6-5 350 5.33 * SO
OLB Jarvis Jones, 6-2 242 4.74 * SO
TE Orson Charles, 6-3 242 4.64 * JR
FS Bacarri Rambo, 6-0 218 4.52 * JR
WR Tavares King, 6-1 192 4.48 * JR

LSU:
SS Brandon Taylor, 5-11 195 4.57
CB Morris Claiborne, 6-0 185 4.45 * JR
WR Reuben Randle, 6-3 208 4.57 * JR
OT Alex Hurst, 6-6 340 5.22 * JR

#10 Oklahoma vs. #3 Oklahoma State, 8:00 PM EST (ABC)
Oklahoma:
CB Jamell Fleming, 5-11 192 4.54
DE Frank Alexander, 6-3 255 4.82
OLB Ronnell Lewis, 6-2 244 4.63 * JR
QB Landry Jones, 6-4 230 4.74 * JR
FS Javon Harris, 5-11 207 4.49 * JR

Oklahoma State:
WR Justin Blackmon, 6-1 215 4.54 * JR
FS Markelle Martin, 6-1 198 4.47
OT Levy Adcock, 6-5 322 5.23
QB Brandon Weeden, 6-4 218 4.92
OC Grant Garner, 6-2 292 5.36

#5 Virginia Tech vs. #20 Clemson, 8:00 PM EST (ESPN)
Virginia Tech:
FS Eddie Whitley, 6-0 200 4.56
WR Jarrett Boykin, 6-2 218 4.64
OG Jaymes Brooks, 6-2 308 5.05
OT Blake DeChristopher, 6-4 312 5.10
RB David Wilson, 5-10 205 4.42 * JR
CB Jayron Hosly, 5-10 172 4.52 * JR

Clemson:
DT Brandon Thompson, 6-2 310 5.04
DE/OLB Andre Branch, 6-4 260 4.77
OG Antoine McClaine, 6-5 335 5.34
FB Chad Diehl, 6-2 260 4.72
TE Dwayne Allen, 6-4 255 4.76 * JR
RB Andre Ellington, 5-10 190 4.39 * JR
OT Landon Walker, 6-5 305 5.18

#15 Wisconsin vs. #13 Michigan State, 8:15 PM EST (FOX)
Wisconsin:
WR Nick Toon, 6-2 220 4.52
OG Kevin Zeitler, 6-4 318 5.26
FS Aaron Henry, 6-0 210 4.52
QB/RB/WR Russell Wilson, 5-11 210 4.59
RB Montee Ball, 5-11 212 4.57 * JR
C Peter Konz, 6-5 315 5.16 * JR (unlikely to play)

Michigan State:
QB Kirk Cousins, 6-3 205 4.80
FS Trenton Robinson, 5-10 190 4.46
TE Brian Linthicum, 6-4 245 4.82
WR B.J. Cunningham, 6-2 216 4.59
WR Keshawn Martin, 5-10 190 4.44
DT Jerell Worthy, 6-3 310 5.04 * JR
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
Kendall Wright 3 catches 109 yards 1 TD in the first quarter

Kendall Wright 5 catches 137 yards 1 TD Plus 1 rush for 29 yards. Still in the third.

Wright ends up with 6 receptions for 166 yards (an average of 27.7) and 1 score.
[ Edited by buck on Dec 3, 2011 at 4:12 PM ]
Originally posted by buck:

This is why I'm telling people if we want him, it's essentially "crazy talk" to suggest we could "trade back into the second" to get him. I just don't see how he could fall out of the first, barring a barrage of legal problems and a terrible combine.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

This is why I'm telling people if we want him, it's essentially "crazy talk" to suggest we could "trade back into the second" to get him. I just don't see how he could fall out of the first, barring a barrage of legal problems and a terrible combine.

Hell, we might have to trade up to get him, if he continues going like this in the post season.
List completely updated.

HUGE matchups for 49ers fans to watch today. The players in particular to key in on are:

FS Whitely (Va. Tech)
FS Henry (Wisconsin)
FS Rambo* (Georgia)
FS Martin (Okla. State)

WR Wright (Baylor)
WR Martin (Mich. State)

OG Zeitler (Wisconsin)
OG Brooks (va. Tech)

C Jones (Georgia)
C Blake (Baylor)

OLB Branch (Clemson)
OLB Robinson (Texas)

DE/DT Randall (Texas)
DE/DT Worthy (Mich. State)

CB Fleming (Oklahoma)
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 3, 2011 at 2:31 PM ]
Michigan St - Wisconsin on now. Check out FS Aaron Henry, OG Zeitler, and Speed WR Keshawn Martin.
GREAT game going on between MSU and Wisconsin. Rooting for Wisconsin, but just want it to be a good game and I'd like to see some plays by key players.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

I was part of that crazy talk, and now I stand corrected.

Like you said, he's now a lock for the first round unless he punches some hookers after snorting coke.
GREAT game going on between MSU and Wisconsin. Rooting for Wisconsin, but just want it to be a good game and I'd like to see some plays by key players.

Enjoying this game so far.

I just looked up the RB for MSU, Bell. I guess he's a sophomore, so he won't be coming out for a while. But I like the way he runs through tackles. Not trying to knock defenders over exactly, but sort of ping ponging through them. Be curious to see how he does next year when he's a junior.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

I just looked up the RB for MSU, Bell. I guess he's a sophomore, so he won't be coming out for a while. But I like the way he runs through tackles. Not trying to knock defenders over exactly, but sort of ping ponging through them. Be curious to see how he does next year when he's a junior.

He reminds me of a young Ricky Williams, honestly. The way he was when he came out with the Saints, just steamrolling people.

He reminds me of a young Ricky Williams, honestly. The way he was when he came out with the Saints, just steamrolling people.

Is he regarded as a top talent like that? He sure is fun to watch...

Speaking of fun to watch, that Borland kid is laying the wood. Did you see him knock the helmet and doo rag off that WR?
GREAT game. Glad to see Wisconsin come out on top. Didn't really see FS Aaron Henry in on too many plays, but didn't see him really get burnt or anything.

WR Keshawn Martin was really impressive. His speed, elusiveness, and playmaking ability should cause him to rise on draft day. Right now, he's considered a later pick (6th-7th), but could move up to 5th round consideration or above because of his KR/PR/ST ability he brings.

Is he regarded as a top talent like that? He sure is fun to watch...

Speaking of fun to watch, that Borland kid is laying the wood. Did you see him knock the helmet and doo rag off that WR?

Bell is not considered to be on that level right now, but could be in a year or two. Who knows. Right now, he's like a LaGerrette Blount-type player. Blount wasn't drafted, but obviously had tons of talent. I think Bell can move laterally a little better than Blount though. We'll see what happens over the next couple of years with him.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
List completely updated.

HUGE matchups for 49ers fans to watch today. The players in particular to key in on are:

FS Whitely (Va. Tech)
FS Henry (Wisconsin)
FS Rambo* (Georgia)
FS Martin (Okla. State)

WR Wright (Baylor)
WR Martin (Mich. State)

OG Zeitler (Wisconsin)
OG Brooks (va. Tech)

C Jones (Georgia)
C Blake (Baylor)

OLB Branch (Clemson)
OLB Robinson (Texas)

DE/DT Randall (Texas)

CB Fleming (Oklahoma)

How'd the rest of the safeties do tonight? I was watching the OSU game on my laptop with one earbud plugged in but I was watching a movie at the same time so and didn't pay a whole lot of attention since it became a blowout.

Also I switched over just to the WIS/MSU game for the final 6 minutes and good lord is Keshawn Martin a stud. I know it was a 1 foot catch and wouldn't work for the pros but that catch on the sideline was absolutely incredible. I guess with the college rules it could've gone either way. But that punt return to put them at the 2 with a minute left was incredible as well. Too bad it got called back for the roughing the kicker call :/

Also why didn't you include Blackmon or Toon on your updated list? I know Blackmon is a reach because he would require a Julio Jones like trade of 3-5 picks to move up for but Toon is in a similar standing with Wright isn't he?
Originally posted by sfout:
List completely updated.

FS Whitely (Va. Tech)
FS Henry (Wisconsin)
FS Rambo* (Georgia)
FS Martin (Okla. State)

WR Wright (Baylor)
WR Martin (Mich. State)

OG Zeitler (Wisconsin)
OG Brooks (va. Tech)

C Jones (Georgia)
C Blake (Baylor)

OLB Branch (Clemson)
OLB Robinson (Texas)

DE/DT Randall (Texas)

CB Fleming (Oklahoma)

How'd the rest of the safeties do tonight? I was watching the OSU game on my laptop with one earbud plugged in but I was watching a movie at the same time so and didn't pay a whole lot of attention since it became a blowout.

Also I switched over just to the WIS/MSU game for the final 6 minutes and good lord is Keshawn Martin a stud. I know it was a 1 foot catch and wouldn't work for the pros but that catch on the sideline was absolutely incredible. I guess with the college rules it could've gone either way. But that punt return to put them at the 2 with a minute left was incredible as well. Too bad it got called back for the roughing the kicker call :/

Also why didn't you include Blackmon or Toon on your updated list? I know Blackmon is a reach because he would require a Julio Jones like trade of 3-5 picks to move up for but Toon is in a similar standing with Wright isn't he?

I had a hard time catching all the other safeties. Only saw Henry mostly. I assume Martin did well, considering Oklahoma didn't do so well. Rambo was OK from what I saw.

I did not include Blackmon because we'll have no chance at him. Did not include Toon because he's not the kind of WR we need. Another Josh Morgan type, which doesn't complement our offense. We need a size mismatch and a speed mismatch to complement the strong-handed, good-route-running main go-to guys in Crabtree and Morgan.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sfout:
List completely updated.

FS Whitely (Va. Tech)
FS Henry (Wisconsin)
FS Rambo* (Georgia)
FS Martin (Okla. State)

WR Wright (Baylor)
WR Martin (Mich. State)

OG Zeitler (Wisconsin)
OG Brooks (va. Tech)

C Jones (Georgia)
C Blake (Baylor)

OLB Branch (Clemson)
OLB Robinson (Texas)

DE/DT Randall (Texas)

CB Fleming (Oklahoma)

I had a hard time catching all the other safeties. Only saw Henry mostly. I assume Martin did well, considering Oklahoma didn't do so well. Rambo was OK from what I saw.

I did not include Blackmon because we'll have no chance at him. Did not include Toon because he's not the kind of WR we need. Another Josh Morgan type, which doesn't complement our offense. We need a size mismatch and a speed mismatch to complement the strong-handed, good-route-running main go-to guys in Crabtree and Morgan.

Yea I saw Martin make some good plays so I'll just have to keep an eye on him. Good call on Toon, I have been way high on Keshawn Martin for a long time, I'm really starting to hope we take him.
Share 49ersWebzone