There are 236 users in the forums

The 9ers will proably be picking in Michael Floyd territoy.

Can we trade our entire draft 4 the rights 2 Andrew Luck????
Originally posted by NYCNINER:
Can we trade our entire draft 4 the rights 2 Andrew Luck????

Probably wouldn't be enough.

Oh, and #1 receiver, CB, RG, pass rush and replacement for any of the one year contract boys who don't return.

Just saying.
Wouldn't be mad if we drafted him
  • bors
  • Veteran
just want someone to catch the damn ball.not every pass will be perfect(with our qb they may be a lil high and outside)

but if it hits you in the hands,face or chest catch and make some y.a.c

some damn north to south y.a.c.no more dancing...looking at you vd.catch the pass and run towards the endzone.

please and thanks
Originally posted by sfout:
as much as it pains me to say this I think it'll go CB RG WR

I've seen Fuller from A&M going consistently in the 3rd round in most of the mid season mocks so I wouldn't have a problem with that order.

That's to low to take a WR IMO. We need another impact player at the receiver position
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Well lets hold on a second here....

The GOAT aside how many 1st round receivers have we drafted that we can honestly say worked out for us? True this is a different GM/HC but in the end I still think the 49ers do their best work with wideouts in the 2nd to 4th rounds.

Personally speaking whilst I believe we need speed in the corps I actually think we could do with a monster WR also to create a another big target for the QB.

Not everyone's brand of vodka but I like Damarlo Belcher. Big, quick enough and shifty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6EPBzoJKZQ
[ Edited by Envy on Dec 2, 2011 at 8:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Envy:

The GOAT aside how many 1st round receivers have we drafted that we can honestly say worked out for us? True this is a different GM/HC but in the end I still think the 49ers do their best work with wideouts in the 2nd to 4th rounds.

Personally speaking whilst I believe we need speed in the corps I actually think we could do with a monster WR also to create a another big target for the QB.

Not everyone's brand of vodka but I like Damarlo Belcher. Big, quick enough and shifty.

I remain unconvinced that statistically 2nd to 4th round receivers are better than 1st rounders. And as far as I am concerned one Jerry Rice makes up for a hundred Woods and Stokes
We'll be in that territory but the choice will ultimately depend on FA and who falls.

It seems, I don't know as fact, that a high quality player falls way below their projected spot. IThere are probably a million "if's] but BPA usually applies.
Right now It appears Sanu is flying up the board, Wright looks to be a second rounder unless he runs a blazing 40 at the combines
The WR are so hard to tell yet...Floyd has played very well but he may not as much as drop but be surpassed by a couple of other players such as Sanu, Dwight Jones and McNutt who have come on llke gangbusters
  • Envy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:

I remain unconvinced that statistically 2nd to 4th round receivers are better than 1st rounders. And as far as I am concerned one Jerry Rice makes up for a hundred Woods and Stokes

Jerry Rice is the greatest WR ever. Not sure how many of those you can draft to be honest. Whilst I appreciate that some of the WR have been duds a few of them like Taylor, Owens and even stretching it out to Morgan have all performed excellently.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Minnifield or Dennard nothing else matters!!!!

Jerry Rice is the greatest WR ever. Not sure how many of those you can draft to be honest. Whilst I appreciate that some of the WR have been duds a few of them like Taylor, Owens and even stretching it out to Morgan have all performed excellently.

If we could have another JT that would be just perfect!
Betcha we dont take a Guard in the first round. Betcha

Yeah, how many first rounders can one offensive line have? I don't see them taking an offensive lineman until round 3 or later. CB, WR and S are all bigger needs for this team.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Betcha we dont take a Guard in the first round. Betcha

Yeah, how many first rounders can one offensive line have? I don't see them taking an offensive lineman until round 3 or later. CB, WR and S are all bigger needs for this team.

If possible, it would be better to get a starting RG with a vet FA. Anthony Davis seems to need the stability next to him.
Originally posted by Orlando49erfan:
Right now It appears Sanu is flying up the board, Wright looks to be a second rounder unless he runs a blazing 40 at the combines
The WR are so hard to tell yet...Floyd has played very well but he may not as much as drop but be surpassed by a couple of other players such as Sanu, Dwight Jones and McNutt who have come on llke gangbusters

I seriously doubt Kendall wright falls to the 2nd unless he has a terrible combine. He's just too fast and gets open with such ease and makes too many plays. He's already considered a top 3 receiver in the nation. Over 100 yards and a TD in one quarter today. Against a good Texas secondary.

Kendall Wright -- Over 100 catches, almost 1600 yards (and counting), and 13 TDs. Add in a Steve-Smith build and explosiveness, you start to understand why he's seen as a 1st rounder.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Minnifield or Dennard nothing else matters!!!!

I wouldn't mind drafting a corner.. BUT, I think a WR is more important. The Packers have 5 good receivers. The Saints have weapons everywhere. Patriots have very good, reliable receivers. We need playmakers to help us make the "he just made a TON out of nothing" kind of plays. Or plays where they make a lot out of a little.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Dec 3, 2011 at 5:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone