LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Based on Ravens Game

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
As always, much will depend on free agency. But, the man I have been targetting all year, Wisconsin center Peter Konz, would be a gigantic upgrade for this team. We need two interior OL for next year.

I would never argue with drafting OL. Somehow, we need a #1 type receiver next year as well. And D line depth but that can be drafted later.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Wow. I think WR is BY FAR the biggest need on this team. We have no WR that is a playmaker, that can stretch the field, and scare anyone. Crabtree certainly isnt that guy.

Priorities:
1) Game changing WR
2) RG that we can actually count on
3) Cornerback
Wr is not a bigger need than CB especially considering it's not a given Rogers will re-sign. Rogers stock is obviously on the rise after the season. He could very well get a huge offer else where.

I'd also put FS over WR because Goldson may not even re-sign.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Wow. I think WR is BY FAR the biggest need on this team. We have no WR that is a playmaker, that can stretch the field, and scare anyone. Crabtree certainly isnt that guy.

Priorities:
1) Game changing WR
3) Cornerback
Wr is not a bigger need than CB especially considering it's not a given Rogers will re-sign. Rogers stock is obviously on the rise after the season. He could very well get a huge offer else where.

Take the point, but these are positions which are currently filled and the players may re-sign. The # 1 receiver is Braylon right now, if I understand correctly. And that is why WR is a bigger need than the defensive backfield.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Forgot to mention the WR class in free agency could be very deep. Wr should be way down our list on draft day. Keep adding to the defense and add another guard.
Hey MD,

Since we have a very good Center for the time being - how well could Konz play RG?
Originally posted by Hopper:

Priorities:
1) Game changing WR
3) Cornerback

I still disagree completely. I am basing this on who is on the team right now and not trying to guess who will resign, This can change obviously if Rogers doesnt resign but I do believe he will. On the current team as it is WR is without question our biggest weakness followed closely by the interior OL.
As always, much will depend on free agency. But, the man I have been targetting all year, Wisconsin center Peter Konz, would be a gigantic upgrade for this team. We need two interior OL for next year.

I would be very happy with either Konz or DeCastro but I'm guessing they will both be gone by the time we pick ( which I assume will be around 30). WR or Interior Line. I believe those are the 2 postions the Niners need to address in the first 2 rds. Of course, that can change depending on FA.
we need a wide receiver with Crabtree.

I think our defense is definitely super bowl caliber, we need an upgrade at Qb though if possible.

Safety is high up there for me, if donte or dashon go down, there's a huuuuge drop off.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
we need a wide receiver with Crabtree.

I think our defense is definitely super bowl caliber, we need an upgrade at Qb though if possible.

Safety is high up there for me, if donte or dashon go down, there's a huuuuge drop off.

I would bet the farm we take 0 QB's unless Luck magically drops

CB, FS, SS, RG, OLB, WR, DL in no particular order
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I still disagree completely. I am basing this on who is on the team right now and not trying to guess who will resign, This can change obviously if Rogers doesnt resign but I do believe he will. On the current team as it is WR is without question our biggest weakness followed closely by the interior OL.

Agree to disagree because our corners(besides rogers who we might lose FA) are a lot more suspect than our Wr's. I can also point out we're 28th(we'll be 30th after Sunday's games) in passing attempts. That plus how much we use our TE's tends to deflate how many opportunities our Wr's will have at flashy 100 yard games.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 27, 2011 at 5:16 AM ]

I believe we need a top shelf WR, FS, and also a CB in the first 3 rounds
In the 1st 3 rounds. An Interior lineman and and a 3-4 OLB in the 4th and 5th round would seem to be the best value
With the last 2 picks I would select another interior lineman and a DE/DT
I believe with the strength of this Draft a CB in the first round like Minniefield or Gilmore would be the best options
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Hey MD,

Since we have a very good Center for the time being - how well could Konz play RG?

I would consider Goodwin mediocre at best, but Konz could play RG for a year or so. Rodney Hudson of the Chiefs will probably be the starter next year at center, but the team is playing him at LG right now. We need Snyder as a reserve to cover all the backup spots, from LG through RT. If he goes down as a starter, things completely fall apart.
I would be very happy with either Konz or DeCastro but I'm guessing they will both be gone by the time we pick ( which I assume will be around 30). WR or Interior Line. I believe those are the 2 postions the Niners need to address in the first 2 rds. Of course, that can change depending on FA.

Agreed. We may be forced to go corner, based on what Rogers decides to do. This will be his last contract, and I know he is going to want to cash in big-time. Not sure the team will pony up the big bucks to keep him, especially as he is a player in his 30's now.

Agreed. We may be forced to go corner, based on what Rogers decides to do. This will be his last contract, and I know he is going to want to cash in big-time. Not sure the team will pony up the big bucks to keep him, especially as he is a player in his 30's now.

Regardless of Rogers wouldn't we want a young stud to take over opposite him
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

Regardless of Rogers wouldn't we want a young stud to take over opposite him

I sure do!!!I actually think we need to come out of this draft with two CB's, Spencer looks to be a goner too.

1st - Alfonzo Dennard or Chase Minnifield

2nd - Dwight Jones

3rd - FS or SS - I won't count on Dashon Goldson re-signing either.
Share 49ersWebzone