There are 222 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is "Suck For Luck" dead?

Is "Suck For Luck" dead?

The Colts will take him, Manning is done
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I have a weird feeling Harbaugh still sits up nights thinking how to acquire this guy. His stock dropping while Smith's is rising may be good for us long-term. Trade...

His stock isn't dropping

He's so good that even when his stock drops, he's still the run away first overall pick.
It is dead because the Colts are dead. The Colts can pretty much print the name on the back of their jersey.

The bigger question becomes, how many QB's come out this year, in what order do the other QB's go? It will really come down to beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
I have a weird feeling Harbaugh still sits up nights thinking how to acquire this guy. His stock dropping while Smith's is rising may be good for us long-term. Trade...

His stock isn't dropping

He's so good that even when his stock drops, he's still the run away first overall pick.

pretty much
I always thought the "suck for luck" was stupid, why would a franchise tank a season just for potential at the next great thing. Luck is a great QB and all, but it's no guarantee he is elway or montana.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
It is dead because the Colts are dead. The Colts can pretty much print the name on the back of their jersey.

The bigger question becomes, how many QB's come out this year, in what order do the other QB's go? It will really come down to beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I think the 4 teams that will end up drafting QBs early in round 1 are:
Indy - Luck
Washington - Griffen or Barkley?
Miami - Griffen or Barkley?
Seattle - Landy Jones
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Indy - Luck
Seattle - Landy Jones

Lol if Manning come's back this year and knocks them out of this thing.
if luck had robet woods and marquise lee to throw to as opposed to griff whalen, he would be much better than the great qb he already is
It never was a reality in the first place. It was a media campaign to try and build interest in the teams at the ass end of the NFL standings. No one tries to throw a season in the NFL just to draft a certain prospect. There are too many recent examples of draft busts (...........Jamarcus Russell, anyone?) to make this an actual strategy.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
Lol if Manning come's back this year and knocks them out of this thing.
Even if, who guarantees that he will reach and hold his probowl-level. Who guarantees that he won't be injured again for a long time? He is 35, not the best age even if he is a QB.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Indy - Luck
Seattle - Landy Jones

be awesome if seattle takes Landry Jones, he has David Kingler written all over him
Suck for Luck was a fan/media baby.

Not a real thing in locker rooms/front offices.
I think colts tanked. Coming man, how do u go from a playoff team every year to not winning even 1 game?
Originally posted by QBguru:
I think colts tanked. Coming man, how do u go from a playoff team every year to not winning even 1 game?

Franchise QB injured would be my starter for 10.
Originally posted by QBguru: