LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Make Your Mid-Season 2011 49ers Draft Pick Grades

Make Your Mid-Season 2011 49ers Draft Pick Grades

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Smith- A- (The minus is for a lack of complete game; Smith is still a reserve, a situational pass rusher; and while very good for what he does, does not match the overall productivity of some other rookies in the league...sacks, tackles, coverage ability. Still very one-dimensional)
Kaepernick- F (Not the start that fans wanted. An incomplete grade cannot be given because he is not even pressing for the starting lineup, and looked bad in preseason. Time to change for sure).
Culliver- A- (Superb pick for third round value. Can he start? That would move him to the next level).
Hunter- B (Solid change if pace back).
Kilgore- B- (Looked good in preseason, which is all we can base his grade and other non-contributing rookies at this point).
Johnson- F (Cut)
Jones- F (Cut)
Miller- A (Made the transition well. Looks good for the future).
Person- C (Made the team as a 7th rounder. Didn't show much in preseason).
Holcolmb- Inc.(Injured too early to make any impression)

Overall, B/B+ grade so far.

Colin Jones wasn't really cut Einstein. He's still on the team. Shows how much you've been paying attention.

And anyone giving Kap anything but an INC. is ridiculous. How can you give him an F he the only reason he hasn't played is because of the success of Alex Smith? We don't know what Kap is yet.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Dec 7, 2011 at 8:22 AM ]
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Colin Jones wasn't really cut Einstein. He's still on the team. Shows how much you've been paying attention.

And anyone giving Kap anything but an INC. is ridiculous. How can you give him an F he the only reason he hasn't played is because of the success of Alex Smith? We don't know what Kap is yet.

Couple notes:
1) You are far too angry.
2) You quote "Colin Jones wasn't really cut Einstein". However, he really was cut on September 13.
3) He was brought back three days before my post. I did not catch that roster update until the next day. I deeply apologize for the error, and the grief it caused you.
4) The only incomplete grades I can give for any players is for those who never had a chance to show themselves on the field. In that CK was drafted one slot after Andy Dalton, and the team was targeting CK for a trade back into the first, not Dalton, and that CK really struggled in pre-season, and appears to be the odd man out in the upcoming long-term re-signing of Alex Smith, for now it is a horrific value pick (not to mention we had to give extra compensation to move up).
5) Thanks for calling me Einstein.
Yea anytime your compared to arguably the smartest man ever not a bad thing MD. Not sure I agree with Kaepernick grade of F. Most Rookies don't start and make an impact at QB. Dalton and Newton are rare examples. Not many head coaches are going to turn over a playoff team to a rookie QB when the Vet ahead of him is playing at a high level.
Originally posted by LBSI9ers:
Yea anytime your compared to arguably the smartest man ever not a bad thing MD. Not sure I agree with Kaepernick grade of F. Most Rookies don't start and make an impact at QB. Dalton and Newton are rare examples. Not many head coaches are going to turn over a playoff team to a rookie QB when the Vet ahead of him is playing at a high level.

Yeah, I think the F on Kaepernick is a little harsh. Harbaugh was confident enough make him the #2. That's enough to get the pick a C (if not, then an incomplete) I think.
Share 49ersWebzone