LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Make Your Mid-Season 2011 49ers Draft Pick Grades

Make Your Mid-Season 2011 49ers Draft Pick Grades

We've played 8 games now, we were (as a group) on here pretty uncertain of our picks this year heading into the season, NOW what do you guys think and how do you grade our draft class NOW.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Fantastic by any measure.
Aldon Smith, Hunter and Culliver are all going to be stars on this team, and Miller is very solid and was an excellent pick IMO
Very good.
its an epic draft... to bad holcomb is hurt and ronald johnson sucked it up
Terrible. Can't believe we passed on Gabbert.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Terrible. Can't believe we passed on Gabbert.

im assuming this is a joke right? Gabbert is statistically the worst QB in the NFL
It was a real good draft. The only thing I question is Kaep. I think he is less prepared than Alex Smith coming in. LOL.
Overall: A-

The only blemish is trading up for and selecting Kaepernick, IMO. But even then, we won't know if he's a good pick or not for a couple of years. But relative to their draft position, Baalke knocked it out of the park this year.

Aldon Smith..........A+
Colin Kaepernick...D-
Chris Culliver........B+
Daniel Kilgore.......Inc.
Ronald Johnson....F
Kendall Hunter......A
Colin Jones..........Inc.
Bruce Miller..........A
Michael Person....Inc.
Curtis Holcomb....Inc.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Overall: A-

The only blemish is trading up for and selecting Kaepernick, IMO. But even then, we won't know if he's a good pick or not for a couple of years. But relative to their draft position, Baalke knocked it out of the park this year.

Aldon Smith..........A+
Colin Kaepernick...D-
Chris Culliver........B+
Ronald Johnson....F
Kendall Hunter......A
Bruce Miller..........A
Michael Person....Inc.
Curtis Holcomb....Inc.

Then shouldn't Kaepernick's grade be incomplete? I can't give a D- to an unknown.

At this point of the season, I see it this way. Hopefully we can run it up on the Cards, Rams and Hawks so Kap, Kilgore get some serious play time.

Aldon Smith..........A+
Colin Kaepernick... Inc
Chris Culliver........B+
Ronald Johnson....F
Kendall Hunter......A
Bruce Miller..........A
Michael Person....Inc.
Curtis Holcomb....Inc.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
At this point of the season, I see it this way. Hopefully we can run it up on the Cards, Rams and Hawks so Kap, Kilgore get some serious play time.

Aldon Smith..........A
Colin Kaepernick... Inc
Chris Culliver........B
Ronald Johnson....F
Kendall Hunter......A
Bruce Miller..........A
Michael Person....Inc.
Curtis Holcomb....Inc.

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Very good.

I think we need to give credit where credit is due, Jim Harbaugh. Under the old unnamed regimens, there is no way that Kendall Hunter, Chris Culliver, Bruce Miller or Aldon Smith would have been given playing time. They would have ridden the bench like Bowman, Jason Hill, Ray McDonald, did for years.

The coach is making this an excellent draft by utilizing their talents.
This draft has the potential to be a superstar draft. In 3 or 4 years you could be looking at having 6 starters out of this draft (Smith, Kap, Culliver, Kilgore, Hunter and Miller)
4 strong players (Hunter, Miller, Smith, Culliver) and involved heavily with positive playmaking? That's an A+ draft to me.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Nov 7, 2011 at 12:08 PM ]
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
4 strong players (Hunter, Miller, Smith, Culliver) and involved heavily with positive playmaking? That's an A+ draft to me.

Yep. Seriously, guys, anyone not marking this an A at least (and this is so far, obviously) has utterly unreal expectations. This is a really good draft even by Bill Walsh's standards, let alone by subsequent draft standards.

A+
Share 49ersWebzone