LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 423 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: #1 LSU vs. #2 Alabama (CBS)

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by saniner:
Richardson is a beast! That was a pretty sick run

He was the best player on the field IMO

I liked Clairborne, but Richardson is definitely a beast as well. I can see the S-Jax comparisons.

I was impressed with Claiborne as well. I like his size. Not bigger than Kirkpatrick, but big enough to compete with the receivers in the NFL. I still don't believe Kirkpatrick is as good as everyone thinks he is.

Exactly what I've been saying. I'm much more leaning towards Clairborne and Minnifield, although I think if Clairborne declares he'll be outta our reach. Minnifield seems most likely to fall to us.

Minnifield or Dennard for sure. I like Dennard.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I liked Clairborne, but Richardson is definitely a beast as well. I can see the S-Jax comparisons.

I was impressed with Claiborne as well. I like his size. Not bigger than Kirkpatrick, but big enough to compete with the receivers in the NFL. I still don't believe Kirkpatrick is as good as everyone thinks he is.

Exactly what I've been saying. I'm much more leaning towards Clairborne and Minnifield, although I think if Clairborne declares he'll be outta our reach. Minnifield seems most likely to fall to us.

Hasn't Dennard been hurt??

He was hurt for the first 3 or 4 games, but he's come back pretty strong. Not in top form, but that could be good for us.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

He was hurt for the first 3 or 4 games, but he's come back pretty strong. Not in top form, but that could be good for us.

Would love to get Dennard no doubt about that, and would love to see both Minnifield and Dennard fall to us. But so far Hawaii has been showing a lot of Virginia games, and I've been following Minnifield more so he tops my list right now.

Would love to get Dennard no doubt about that, and would love to see both Minnifield and Dennard fall to us. But so far Hawaii has been showing a lot of Virginia games, and I've been following Minnifield more so he tops my list right now.

Interesting. We haven't gotten much Virginia games here in the Bay Area, but we're getting a lot of Nebraska games. So I've been watching Dennard and Crick. Crick hasn't impressed me too much either. Dennard, on the other hand, looks like a quicker Nate Clements (of old, not the one that continually got beat)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there still a rule that a player has to be in college for two years before they can declare early? Just asking cause seen some Frosh players on the boob tube that seem talented.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there still a rule that a player has to be in college for two years before they can declare early? Just asking cause seen some Frosh players on the boob tube that seem talented.

I thought it was 2 yrs removed from high school.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by WildBill:

I thought it was 2 yrs removed from high school.

Three years removed. So you have to be a redshirt sophomore at least.

I can't see Minnifield getting out of the second. Honestly, how well he runs at the combine will probably be the big indicator of whether he goes in the 1st or 2nd round. He is pretty darn sound in technique.
Claiborne has solidified his spot as the top CB in the country......Too bad we wont be able to get him

Share 49ersWebzone