LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

Who was the best draft pick of the 2008 NFL Draft?

Who was the best draft pick of the 2008 NFL Draft?

Maybe there has been a post on this before. but this draft class has probably produced 4-5 future Hall of Famers, each one of the best at their positions. If you had 1st Pick who would you take and why?
[ Edited by RekeHavoc on Nov 3, 2011 at 2:48 PM ]
I think Patrick Willis and Adrian Peterson were the products of the 2007 draft. In 2008 we drafted Kentawn Balmer and Chilo Rachael. You may want to revise your choices.
it was 2007.

honorable mentions:

-joe thomas (could be on that list)
-lawrence timmons
-laron landry
-jon beason
-dwayne bowe
-lamar woodley
willis is so sick he makes up for the balmer pick the year after lol
all of these guys were selected in the 2007 NFL draft.

If I had to rate them, simply as players and not on need to their team etc: I'd go:
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Joe Thomas
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Darrel Revis
5. Lamaar Woodley
6. Patrick Willis
7. Charles Johnson
8. Jon Beason
9. Lawrence Timmons
10. Ryan Kalil
11. David Harris
12. Dwayne Bowe
13. Sydney Rice
14. Desmond Bishop
15. Leon Hall
16. Doug Free
17. Ahmad Bradshaw
18. Greg Olsen
19. Ben Grubbs
20. Paul Soliai
21. Stephen Nicholas
22. Robert Meachum
23. Brent Celek
24. Joe Staley
25. Michael Griffin
26. Steve Breaston

Thats one great draft.
[ Edited by jojomellon on Nov 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM ]
its a tie between AD and pwillie. they were great right outta the gate. it took derrelle and calvin a few years to get to the "elite" status...

PS: its 2007.
Originally posted by jojomellon:
all of these guys were selected in the 2007 NFL draft.

If I had to rate them, simply as players and not on need to their team etc: I'd go:
1. Calvin Johnson
2. Joe Thomas
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Darrel Revis
5. Lamaar Woodley
6. Patrick Willis
7. Charles Johnson
8. Jon Beason
9. Lawrence Timmons
10. Ryan Kalil
11. David Harris
12. Dwayne Bowe
13. Sydney Rice
14. Desmond Bishop
15. Leon Hall
16. Doug Free
17. Ahmad Bradshaw
18. Greg Olsen
19. Ben Grubbs
20. Paul Soliai
21. Stephen Nicholas
22. Robert Meachum
23. Brent Celek
24. Joe Staley
25. Michael Griffin
26. Steve Breaston

Thats one great draft.

LOL at Woodley being above Willis. Woodley was added to an already great LB squad making his job MUCH easier. Willis stepped in and was immediately the best player on the niner D and has molded a squad of LB's around him as the leader. Willis=HOF Woodley=Pro Bowl
Originally posted by walker807:
LOL at Woodley being above Willis. Woodley was added to an already great LB squad making his job MUCH easier. Willis stepped in and was immediately the best player on the niner D and has molded a squad of LB's around him as the leader. Willis=HOF Woodley=Pro Bowl

And yet Woodley is still tearing it up without Harrison and Farrior right now and all backups playing on the D-line. They're two different positions. Woodley makes far more impact plays, but its the nature of his position, just like Willis having a larger number of tackles than Woodley. Im not claiming a huge difference between the two but its not that far fetched to have that opinion, dont be such a homer.
Put it this way, if injured what player would cause the betting spread to change? If this is the case, CB with Revis gets the nod.
I think it's a tie between Adrian Peterson and Revis Island. One of the best first rounds!

Originally posted by walker807:

Woodley is on pace to break the sack record and there's no other serious threats to rush the passer playing on that team and there hasn't been for most of the season since Harrison has been hurt. I don't think his ranking is necessarily unfair (nor is it unfair for you to disagree with it).
  • cools
  • Veteran
I picked other cause thier all bad a$$es
Hands down Calvin Johnson...Lions are no where without him
I'd say Revis... only real true shut down corner in the game, so good. CJ is still injury prone to me, and therefore not as consistent. AD is a running back, so I'm less sure of his longevity, though he's been the best since getting drafted. And Willis is Willis. What a tough question.
i voted willis cuz das my boy... BUT,

if i were starting an expansion team, and you gave me the opportunity to take either:

1. the hands down BEST ILB in the NFL
2. the hands down BEST CB in the NFL
3. the hands down BEST WR in the NFL
4. the hands down BEST RB in the NFL

i think you gotta take the CB every time. the drop-off between the top CB and the 10th best for instance is HUUUUGE. i dont think it is as much between the top ILB and the 10th best, or the top RB and the 10th best, etc...

the only position that would trump CB in my book is of course QB!!!
Share 49ersWebzone