LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 157 users in the forums

Perfect Scenario for 2012

Resign Goldson, Braylon, Alex, Rodgers, Reggie Smith:

1st round: OG David Decastro Stanford 6-5 312 (gives us a beast RG for the next 8-10 years)
Staley-Iupati-Goodwin-Decastro-Davis (best OLINE in a very long time)

2nd round: CB Casey Hayward Vanderbilt 5-11 190
(gives us a good young CB who is a ballawk and will go well with Brock and Culliver for the future)
Rodgers Spencer Brock Culliver Hayward Brown

3rd round: OLB/DE Chase Thomas Stanford 6-4 240 (Harbaugh guy who gives us good depth at passrusher)
Brooks, Smith, Haralson, and Thomas
Decastro wont be available at 32
Perfect scenario is tough. I like your choices but I don't know about perfect. The resignings are excellent and I hope that happens. I think we'll be drafting in te high 20's and I've seen sites that have DeCastro going in the mid-first rounds.

What I really like in the drafts are the quality players that fall and/or are available from the middle of the first round thru the second round.

DeCastro would make an excellent selection.
Love the Casey Hayward selection. I doubt we have a chance at DeCastro with how great he's playing and how pro ready he is.

As for the resignings, it may be real difficult bringing back Goldson.
I think this coming draft we will be in the perfect position to truly draft BPA.
Goldson and R smith can kick rocks, and Decastro wont be available at 32
Originally posted by jreff22:

I Agree
Love to get Decastro...
Originally posted by jreff22:

• sfout
  • Veteran
Dream scenario would be
Courtney Upshaw in the first(develop him the same way we are with Aldon and let Brooks walk or shop Haralson around).
Casey Hayward in the second(as mentioned above a CB group of Brock, Culliver an Heyward would be pretty great in a couple of years. Side note on Hayward, he had 4 tackles and 6 passes defended against Arkansas, definitely plays well against good competition.)
and best WR available in the 3rd, hopefully ends up being Criner, Fuller, or Toon(not sure how their grading our right now).

Realistically I doubt that happens but I would kill for it to end up like that.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

1st round: OG David Decastro Stanford 6-5 312 (gives us a beast RG for the next 8-10 years)

(gives us a good young CB who is a ballawk and will go well with Brock and Culliver for the future)

3rd round: OLB/DE Chase Thomas Stanford 6-4 240 (Harbaugh guy who gives us good depth at passrusher)

No issues here, but I hope we pick up a CB then in FA to pair with Rogers cause Spencer isnt worth a spot anymore.
Originally posted by miked1978:
I think this coming draft we will be in the perfect position to truly draft BPA.

Definitely. Unless we lose someone and really, really need to replace them we will at last IMO have got to the point where we can go BPA. Bear in mind that this is down to the coaching, because it wasnt long ago that we were all screaming for Corners, Safeties and O Linemen. But our coaches appear to be getting the best out of what we have have and as long as they key players get re-signed, this next draft should be a truly interesting experience.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

No issues here, but I hope we pick up a CB then in FA to pair with Rogers cause Spencer isnt worth a spot anymore.

How about Eric Wright or Terrell Thomas?
AOriginally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

How about Eric Wright or Terrell Thomas?

Thomas would work. Looks like no major FAs after 2011.
I do think we will look for OL help, but it remains to be seen what these players' final grades will be.

We must look OL, CB, FS, and pass-rusher in the draft again.

Brooks, Snyder, Rachal (don't want), Goldson, Rogers, and Reggie Smith (don't want) are set to be FA's.

With seven picks, I would draft 2 OL, 2 CB, 1 FS, 1 OLB, and a WR.
Share 49ersWebzone