LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

If the Rams have the #1 overall pick, what do they do?

If the Rams have the #1 overall pick, what do they do?

The Colts would draft Luck if given the opportunity. Manning is only going to play a few more seasons. They would love for Andrew Luck to ride the bench and learn from Manning for a few seasons before taking the field.
they just got out of the luck Sweepstakes

need them to lose the next game to come back to reality but need them to finish with 4 wins
Originally posted by nflguy49:
The Colts would draft Luck if given the opportunity. Manning is only going to play a few more seasons. They would love for Andrew Luck to ride the bench and learn from Manning for a few seasons before taking the field.

but how long would they have luck sit? I can only see a team letting the number 1 pick sit for one season at most. Then they have to wonder how long will manning last? if it is for 5 more seasons why would they draft luck, they wont sit him for that long, they will have to trade one. They will probably trade back now and get as much as they can for it. They have way more bigger needs then at qb.
Trade the pick obviously? Bradford isnt their problem, their o-line and their WRs are.

As for the Colts: Peyton is 35 and it's not like the Colts could turn things around with one draft. Additionally, you can fill your holes through the later rounds unless we are talking about QB.
[ Edited by communist on Oct 31, 2011 at 2:58 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran
I don't think Peyton Manning would allow them to get Luck while he is there! I would think he would make them beef up the Offensive line and Defense.
Peyton should retire. you dont mess with your neck.
When I think aboout it a little more; they could get draft picks for multiple years, plus experienced players in the trade. There are a slew of possibilities. Although ealry to predict anything, do you think a team like the Redskins would give up their top 4 picks plus next years top 3 plus a quality WR and lineman?
#1 pick next draft is worth a kings ransom. If I were any of the teams who get that pick and already have a good young QB then I would start the bidding at around 3 first round picks plus a couple of second round picks and probably a third and fourth too. That isn't a joke either. I could easily see a team like Washington or Miami giving up whatever it takes to get Luck. That being said, don't be surprised to see Luck pull a Elway/Eli and demand to play for a certain team (no I don't think that would be the niners)
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thechamber52:
Trade Bradford for multiple draft picks to fill needs and draft Andrew Luck.

Due to the new CBA his contract will be even easier on them anyway.

Way to send a signal to the incoming rookie QB.
Originally posted by footballxpaul:
but how long would they have luck sit? I can only see a team letting the number 1 pick sit for one season at most. Then they have to wonder how long will manning last? if it is for 5 more seasons why would they draft luck, they wont sit him for that long, they will have to trade one. They will probably trade back now and get as much as they can for it. They have way more bigger needs then at qb.

This

You can scratch out the Rams now since they beat Super Bowl contending New Orleans
Originally posted by Go49erss:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by Go49erss:
Trade Bradford to the Dolphins and draft luck.

that's like getting a used condom

A very expensive used condom.

Well under the new rules, Luck would be cheaper then Bradford!
Here's a question:

Why would anyone trade for Bradford and a $ 55 million contract? The teams with the most cap space as of this year are the Chiefs, Bucs, Jaguars, Bengals, and the Bills. They all have young qb's that they are happy with, except maybe the Chiefs and the Jags. I think the Rams are stuck with the check on Bradford, but could parlay a top pick into the talent they need to help him succeed.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

This

This also, manning is good for 3 years minimum, if they can fix the oline to keep hands off of him. Build the team out with some young talent, trade for a future 2nd or first round pick and draft a qb maybe next year.
Here's a question:

Why would anyone trade for Bradford and a $ 55 million contract? The teams with the most cap space as of this year are the Chiefs, Bucs, Jaguars, Bengals, and the Bills. They all have young qb's that they are happy with, except maybe the Chiefs and the Jags. I think the Rams are stuck with the check on Bradford, but could parlay a top pick into the talent they need to help him succeed.
Share 49ersWebzone