LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

What if the Rams get first pick

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by MILFS:
Which team can you guys see trading for Bradford?

Dolphins
Broncos
Seahawks
Browns
Chiefs
Originally posted by susweel:
Dolphins
Broncos
Seahawks
Browns
Chiefs

Bradford's contract called for $50 million guaranteed. Some teams will have eat a big chunk of that cost. It'll be very difficult to pull off that trade.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by fastforward:
Dolphins
Broncos
Seahawks
Browns
Chiefs

Bradford's contract called for $50 million guaranteed. Some teams will have eat a big chunk of that cost. It'll be very difficult to pull off that trade.

Most of that has already been paid by the rams.
Originally posted by fastforward:
Dolphins
Broncos
Seahawks
Browns
Chiefs

I really really really hope the lambs don't get the #1 pick.

I doubt that's the case because that money wasn't all signing bonus. The big chunks of guaranteed money are still allotted to several years into the future. This year, Bradford's cap figure is $12+ million. If Bradford were a star QB this year, no problem, but as his ranking is in the cellar of QB ratings, many teams would be leery of inheriting the heavy financial burden, especially when guys like Landry Jones (Bradford's successor) is looking pretty good and will be much cheaper.
Trading Bradford away?

Originally posted by sf49ersx11:
Trading Bradford away?

Funny GIF, but imagine this: if a projected Peyton Manning-like QB is available to you as a general manager of a team, and your team currently has Jeff George who currently put up decent, but hardly spectacular stats. Would you be able to resist the temptation?
LOL what team in their right mind would trade for Bradford with that absolutely ridiculous contract? The Rams are stuck with him. Besides QB isn't their problem. They would be better off trading the pick and getting a slew of high draft picks to fill other more important needs.
if they have the #1 pick then they draft Luck, then after the draft they trade Bradford to some other s**tty team
if the rams can draft luck they will and theyll trade bradford. Luck is the best QB to come out in a long time, bradford is pretty good and another team would trade to get him. bradfords contract is way fatter than lucks is so that helps too if anyone is willing to take on bradfords contract. i just dont wanna see luck in our division so i hope the rams beat the seahawks and arizona once each. that should be enough to make sure the colts or dolphins get luck

Luck is either going to Miami or possibly Indy. Miami is desperate and o can see them trading big for that pick.

The Colts are desperate for Peyton to return. I think they'll draft a QB with their second pick (cost effective) and groom him behind Peyton. That team needs to win immediately. Peyton can get them to the playoffs if he's healthy. It's too early to cut him loose, even if Luck is there. Luck would be ideal, but financially, I don't see how they can carry both QBs.
Originally posted by strickac:
Luck is either going to Miami or possibly Indy. Miami is desperate and o can see them trading big for that pick.

The Colts are desperate for Peyton to return. I think they'll draft a QB with their second pick (cost effective) and groom him behind Peyton. That team needs to win immediately. Peyton can get them to the playoffs if he's healthy. It's too early to cut him loose, even if Luck is there. Luck would be ideal, but financially, I don't see how they can carry both QBs.

Look at Cam Newton's contract, its like a high profile 2nd stringers contract
Originally posted by strickac:

I dont think Miami are going to need to trade to pick up Luck. They do need a new HC and a new owner, though.
Originally posted by Jcool:
They trade the pick and draft Justin Blackmon

This
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by Jcool:
They trade the pick and draft Justin Blackmon

This

And pray to god Sam Bradford is who they thought he was.
Share 49ersWebzone