LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

How many draft picks will we have next season

Cant remember if we made any trades for future picks or not. I do believe we should get at least a comp pick . I know we lost 3 starters Baas Franklin and Lawson to free agency and only added 2 Braylon and Carlos. Not sure how they do that though.
The Niners will have 7 picks for now with a slight chance for one comp pick based on their free agent activity. You never know what will happen for the rest of the season, but as of right now the Niners will be picking 29th in each round.
should get a few comp picks
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
The Niners will have 7 picks for now with a slight chance for one comp pick based on their free agent activity. You never know what will happen for the rest of the season, but as of right now the Niners will be picking 29th in each round.

I'm almost surprised we haven't dealt or received any 2012 picks via trade. Thanks for the info.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Perhaps not, due to the fact that the free agents that we brought in are vastly outperforming the free agents that have left.
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:

Perhaps not, due to the fact that the free agents that we brought in are vastly outperforming the free agents that have left.

I can only think of 3 we brought in that are getting playing time
A lot of it depends on the status of the players you lost and picked up the previous and current year. Were they a pro bowler, starter, the position they were drafted.
Carlos Rodgers was a starter and former first rounder vs Nate Clements who was a starter. If Rodgers has a pro bowl year, we lose points if not they may cancel each other out. Things like that.

Comp picks are awarded based largely on the difference in contracts your departing FA's received vs the contracts your added FA's received, if memory serves.
Carlos Rogers
Braylon Edwards
Jonathan Goodwin
David Akers
Donte Whitner

Manny Lawson
David Baas
Takeo Spikes
Aubrayo Franklin
Travis Laboy

May get 1, but may not get any.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Whitner, Edwards, Rogers, Goodwin and Madieu Williams.

Originally posted by Kolohe:

Whitner, Edwards, Rogers, Goodwin and Madieu Williams.

Akers, dont forget him, he was a UFA, and Williams was cut, thus doesnt count against the formula.
  • BenQ
  • Veteran
whatever the case I'm confident baalke will make the draft that we do have count
Originally posted by BenQ:
whatever the case I'm confident baalke will make the draft that we do have count

agreed, baalke will utalize whatever resources we have and get the best players in each round.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
agreed, baalke will utalize whatever resources we have and get the best players in each round.

We wouldve never said this last april lol. everyone was like "oh he was a reach! what was baalke thinking!"
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

We wouldve never said this last april lol. everyone was like "oh he was a reach! what was baalke thinking!"

exactly, I remember april, I liked Aldon, thought it was just a bit high, but rathered he over Gabbert, Liked Quinn till his health issues came up.

Liked Kaep, Culliver and Hunter. Thought Ronald Johnson was great, boy I was wrong, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone