There are 253 users in the forums

What position do we target in the first round next year?

CB, WR, C/OG, OLB, FS, OT, BPA
I say get a CB in the first to down the road bookend with Culliver
I would go higher in the draft on a FS but it may be very weak in that area
My sliding scale. In the first two rounds I wouldn't be surprised if the niners picked a QB, RB, WR, SS, FS,

Once the first two rounds have passed I would add G, T, DE, CB and maybe a NT but I wouldn't take a QB or a RB passed the third round.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
We are at the point we can actually take BPA, outside a few positions we're loaded at.
BPA
It is really difficult to predict until we know who the Niners will bring back as so many of their players are on 1 year deals. However, there is no question in my mind that an elite WR is the biggest need on this team with their current roster. Crabtree is a good WR2 who can move the chains. He isnt a game changer though in my opinion. Obviously, the secondary would also be a need if the Niners dont bring back their safetys or Rogers.
Trade up to Take vontze burafent (sp?) The lb from arizona convert him to olb and have the scariest lb corp in nfl history!
[ Edited by 9er_84 on Oct 21, 2011 at 12:09 PM ]
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Originally posted by midrdan:
You forgot Jerry Rice.

and moss

Were you guys really not able to discern that I was just listing ACTIVE receivers? LOL. If I wanted to list the great 1st round receivers of ALL TIME, obviously that list would be a million times longer and obviously include guys like Rice and Moss.
[ Edited by andes14 on Oct 21, 2011 at 12:30 PM ]
Originally posted by GorefullBore:
Um, Boldin was picked in round two.

Ah yes, my bad.
After reading about how valuable the tight end is to this offense, I wouldn't be shocked if they drafted another one high.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204346104576637441229847906.html
  • mike
  • Veteran
BPA, but that could change since there's a ton of football to play, no idea who's going to leave in FA or get hurt.

If we're talking about the biggest needs position-wise currently, the dbs are going to be a priority, carlos has been a huge surprise but is 31 years old and I'm not a big fan of brown. Then the 2nd biggest might end up being WR just because our team has lacked that deep threat for awhile and crabtree is more of a possession guy. Plus I'm just tired of the damn drops...lol.

But of course if there's a beast DT, OLB, or even another o-line guy, go for the best guy regardless of position.

I'm still sticking with WR. Harbaugh mentioned signing Morgan was a priority, but Edwards and Ginn are in contract seasons as well. Chances are we will lose at least one of them. The depth at WR is not very deep, and there isn't a strong FA list after the season.

I understand why everyone says CB, especially with Rogers on a 1yr deal. But I think he will be a priority as well for the team to resign. And if Cully keeps his play up, he can be a starter next season. Depth isn't deep here as well, but I feel the team can draft a CB in the 2nd.
reverse cowgirl
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 9rFan84:
I'm still sticking with WR. Harbaugh mentioned signing Morgan was a priority, but Edwards and Ginn are in contract seasons as well. Chances are we will lose at least one of them. The depth at WR is not very deep, and there isn't a strong FA list after the season.

I understand why everyone says CB, especially with Rogers on a 1yr deal. But I think he will be a priority as well for the team to resign. And if Cully keeps his play up, he can be a starter next season. Depth isn't deep here as well, but I feel the team can draft a CB in the 2nd.

Rogers will be a priority to sign, Spencer hasn't been healthy and also inconsistent and Culliver is still learning the position and I don't believe starting material yet. If Minnifield or Dennard fall to us, we need to take one of them. I'd say WR would be a solid option in the 2nd round perhaps Dwight Jones or Jeff Fuller. I'm pretty confident Morgan and Edwards will be back, not sure about Ginn.
CB, OT, OG

And I said it the last 2-3 years, we need to draft justin smith's replacement, who knows how long he can hold up his awesome play. Also draft another RB, Dixon is good off teh bench but probably not starter quality, we need another back on the roster.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 9rFan84:

Rogers will be a priority to sign, Spencer hasn't been healthy and also inconsistent and Culliver is still learning the position and I don't believe starting material yet. If Minnifield or Dennard fall to us, we need to take one of them. I'd say WR would be a solid option in the 2nd round perhaps Dwight Jones or Jeff Fuller. I'm pretty confident Morgan and Edwards will be back, not sure about Ginn.

I hope Edwards comes back and I see your point. I guess at the end of the day, CB and WR should be taken early. But don't sleep on Culliver, dude is a beast.
Share 49ersWebzone