There are 191 users in the forums

What would it take for the 49ers to trade fro the #1 pic?

Let's say Indy doesn't want Luck. Maybe Manning says if they draft Luck trade him so they choose to keep Manning and develop a lower profile qb.

Even in that scenario there's going to be 2 or 3 organizations with higher picks willing to cut their foot off to get Luck. It's not happening, guys.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Let's say Indy doesn't want Luck. Maybe Manning says if they draft Luck trade him so they choose to keep Manning and develop a lower profile qb.

Even in that scenario there's going to be 2 or 3 organizations with higher picks willing to cut their foot off to get Luck. It's not happening, guys.

Idk I have a feeling that HArbaugh is the type of guy who once he gets something ingrained into his head he'l do whatever it takes to get him. If harbaugh wants luck bad enough he will demand him...and the organization will do anythng to keep him happy. Harbaugh wants luck then ballke will get luck! May cost 3 first round picks but Harbaughs that hardheaded of a guy lol...but also hes smart so I doubt hed sacrifice that much...unless he thought that he could create a dynasty with luck and the niners (which he very well could)
Originally posted by 9er_84:
Originally posted by tjd808185:

Idk I have a feeling that HArbaugh is the type of guy who once he gets something ingrained into his head he'l do whatever it takes to get him. If harbaugh wants luck bad enough he will demand him...and the organization will do anythng to keep him happy. Harbaugh wants luck then ballke will get luck! May cost 3 first round picks but Harbaughs that hardheaded of a guy lol...but also hes smart so I doubt hed sacrifice that much...unless he thought that he could create a dynasty with luck and the niners (which he very well could)
if that was the case i just hope harbaugh can talk and convince andrew and his dad to pull off an eli and force a trade to us. i may do 2 1sts but not no 3 1sts
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by fryet:
Personally, I don't think Luck needs to spend time on the bench for whatever team drafts him. He sounds like a pro ready QB already.

this, if i was peyton i would be furious if they drafted luck instead of an impact player who can help right away. peyton wants to win more sbs and if they draft luck that would not help them now in peyton's final 5 yrs or so

Yeah no one thinks of the players..... what makes people think the Peyton is going to want to groom his successor when he wants people around him to win SB's. If I'm the Colts, I'm trading the pick or trading Manning.... both will fetch a hefty ransom............

Then the rest of the league goes in to low ball the Colts because they know they have to offload one of the 2!!
Let's say that Luck does not declare for the draft in 2012 and joins the 49ers as an undrafted free agent...to a very lucrative (and well structured for the team) contract!!!!!!!!!!!!
It doesn't work like that....
Here's a scenario... say the Colts go Luck 1 overall, What do we offer for Manning's services in the twilight of his career.

Personally I stay put or trade for a CB, OL or OLB(I really think a double dip could be on the cards) that I really like.
Not even worth considering.

First of all, whoever gets it will probably just take him, but I could already tell this year that Harbaalke isn't willing to give up draft picks. They won't trade a pick above the 5th round without getting overwhelming value. Even later picks, they value and would rather just keep. It's obvious that they have a very firm belief in getting better through the draft, not through trading or even picking up top FA's.

Just to top it off, trading up has become even harder, much harder, because of the new rookie salary rules. Teams will have to give up an arm and a leg just to move up a few spots in the first round because the top pick salaries are no longer the burden they used to be.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Oct 23, 2011 at 8:58 PM ]
cost to get luck wouldnt be worth it at all, if we are going to trade up for a qb i'd rather get rg3 wouldnt be as expensive and will probably be just as good
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
If I'm drafting #1 overall and a QB that is more highly rated than Peyton Manning was available, you could offer me three years of first, second, third round picks and a pro bowl player. I'd still decline and take the future pro bowl QB.

You get the QB, then worry about everything else. Not the other way around.

There is a reason every single team wants him. There is a reason he is said to be the best QB prospect in decades. You don't pass that up because you can get a s**tload of picks on lesser caliber prospects.

• Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by okdkid:
If I'm drafting #1 overall and a QB that is more highly rated than Peyton Manning was available, you could offer me three years of first, second, third round picks and a pro bowl player. I'd still decline and take the future pro bowl QB.

You get the QB, then worry about everything else. Not the other way around.

There is a reason every single team wants him. There is a reason he is said to be the best QB prospect in decades. You don't pass that up because you can get a s**tload of picks on lesser caliber prospects.

this
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
next 10 first round draft picks.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
if any team has ever proven how important the QB position is, it's the Colts this year.
What would it take for the Niners to trade for the #1 pick?.....monumental stupidity
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
if any team has ever proven how important the QB position is, it's the Colts this year.

No, they've proven how important Peyton Manning is. The Colts have continually failed to bring in good talent through the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone