LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

What would it take for the 49ers to trade fro the #1 pic?

• pd24
  • Veteran
Say the Colts get the #1 pick. What kind of package would it take to get it? Would 2 firsts, a second, and Keap do the trick?
Fro is a great guy, I think he would love the 1st overall pick, I think the niners should do that.
If Im the Colts and get the number 1 pick I keep it and Draft Andrew Luck to learn under Peyton Manning
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
If Im the Colts and get the number 1 pick I keep it and Draft Andrew Luck to learn under Peyton Manning

I think Peyton is around for another 5 or 6 years and they have some need to fill around him.
Originally posted by valrod33:

This.... Unless we lose a lot of games the rest of the season, forget Andrew Luck..

Oh, and wrong forum.

Originally posted by pd24:
I think Peyton is around for another 5 or 6 years and they have some need to fill around him.

But Manning can spend the last 4 years on another team. Take Luck you have him learn for 2 years and then you let Peyton walk.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
But Manning can spend the last 4 years on another team. Take Luck you have him learn for 2 years and then you let Peyton walk.

True, i would say Rams, but they wouldn't trade with us.
Seeing how the Falcons gave up 2 first round picks, a 2nd, and some 4th round picks to get a WR, i don't even want to fathom us trying to do this.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Personally, I don't think Luck needs to spend time on the bench for whatever team drafts him. He sounds like a pro ready QB already.
carson palmer just got traded for 2 firsts. the raiders ruined everything

id bust out a mike and trade the whole draft for that pick
Originally posted by fryet:
Personally, I don't think Luck needs to spend time on the bench for whatever team drafts him. He sounds like a pro ready QB already.

this, if i was peyton i would be furious if they drafted luck instead of an impact player who can help right away. peyton wants to win more sbs and if they draft luck that would not help them now in peyton's final 5 yrs or so
It IMO would have to be at least 2 1st's, a 2nd, 3rd and possibly another player other than Kaep. I fear they would want someone like Bowman.
The Golden Gate Bridge and Napa Valley, since they don't own either he will be tutored by Payton for 2-3 years. Then He'll step in and do what Manning does - just as good. Great QB and all the Colts have won only once w/him.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
A draft and a half....and probably Michael Crabtree.

No thanks, now that QB is not our #1 need, there's no need to move into the 1st overall pick. Stay where I'm at and let the draft come to us.
Share 49ersWebzone