LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 281 users in the forums

Could Andrew Luck pull an ELI-ELWAY and demand to be reunited with Harbaugh in SF?

Originally posted by jte1979:
It's looking like the Dolphins are going to get him. The Rams could conceivably beat the Hawks and Cardinals.

Dolphins take him and make it clear there is nothing you could offer to get that pick. This is a franchise that is QB starved and values/needs Luck the most.

BUT, the way this organization is doomed with QB's, Luck will pull a Stafford and hardly play the first couple years with injuries.

It will be Miami IMO, and they may give him as many Superbowls as they gave Dan Marino.
Originally posted by communist:
Minnesota? They drafted Ponder in the 1st round this year. Dont see them going for Luck.

As for Indy, it would make a lot of sense. Peyton is 35 and the next injury could end his career and Luck hasnt to play from day one even if he is pro-ready.
As for Pollian, he is a moron. Sorry, I saw a lot of teams playing without their franchise QB due to an injury but never ever did I see a team losing like the Colts. Thats simply embarassing. The Colts dont have any plan B.

Pollian an idiot? He built the once lowly Bills to superbowl contenders then the Colts which is more than the majority of the league front offices can say. I would say it is not his fault, more the coach who is on the hot seat this year, our team is a good example of what a good coach and staff can do.
My first wish is that these QBs Luck, Laundry and Griffin end up in the AFC first and foremost, Miami and Indy then to any team that is outside our division.
I wouldn'ttrade any of our current players... but draft picks??? HOW MANY DO YA WANT?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
With a division title we'll be drafting in the 20s. There is no way, under any circumstance, we will be able to trade for Andrew Luck. Even if he demands it.

Root for the Dolphins to get Luck so the most we see him is once every four years. That's the best you can do.
If that were to happen I would jizz my pants right then and there.

unfortunately it won't.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Oct 25, 2011 at 5:50 PM ]
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Bill Cowher is going to go to the team with the top pick and he is going to take Luck (or replace Cowher's name with Gruden).

I actually see Caldwell getting fired, the Colts taking Luck (thanks to new rookie contracts) & sitting him a year or 2 behind a healthy Manning then he takes over. Talk about "Luck"
Since when does profootball talk have 800 votes per comment? Hard to believe there were also comments about Luck being a bust. This must have been a New York posting someway, somehow.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
The rams would NEVER trade him to us if they get 1st pick.

No but I don't think they would even take him, or ar least wouldnt keep him.
Wikipedia: t definition: the 20th letter of the English alphabet.
Originally posted by English:
It will be Miami IMO, and they may give him as many Superbowls as they gave Dan Marino.

Super Bowl XLIX: Kaepernick vs Luck

Originally posted by andes14:
Between Smith and Kaepernick we are set at QB fellas.

i agree. Im sure Luck wasnt always that good. and im sure he got good becuase he had Harbaugh. NOw we have Harbaugh and Harbaugh has Kaepernick. So now, we wait for JH to work his magic. You dont get the name "Quaterback Guru" for nothing. Smith starts for 3 more yrs at the most then Ck will be ready. i believe that JH has the ability to make everybody better. He'll make Tolzien better too and eventually. I think Luck goes to Miami. they need him. and their not in our division, soo I could careless. As long as Seattle, St. Louis, Arizona, or any good team in the NFC doesnt get him.
what if andy reid gets fired at the end of the year and miami picks him up and grabs luck with the first pick of the draft? that could be a good duo that will never win a championship
Originally posted by WildBill:
Pollian an idiot? He built the once lowly Bills to superbowl contenders then the Colts which is more than the majority of the league front offices can say. I would say it is not his fault, more the coach who is on the hot seat this year, our team is a good example of what a good coach and staff can do.
He built a Manning-dependent team and installed Caldwell. It is indeed his fault. There are several examples out there where an injured franchise QB isnt connected with a desastrous season.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
Bill Cowher is going to go to the team with the top pick and he is going to take Luck (or replace Cowher's name with Gruden).

I actually see Caldwell getting fired, the Colts taking Luck (thanks to new rookie contracts) & sitting him a year or 2 behind a healthy Manning then he takes over. Talk about "Luck"

Cowher has been out of football to long and I think smart GMs have noticed how great that Pittsburgh organization is and Cowher might not be worth what i'm sure he is going to ask. Think Mike Shanahan without Elway or George Seifert without the 49ers.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
He built a Manning-dependent team and installed Caldwell. It is indeed his fault. There are several examples out there where an injured franchise QB isnt connected with a desastrous season.

Most recently the 2008 Patriots.
Share 49ersWebzone