LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 197 users in the forums

Could Andrew Luck pull an ELI-ELWAY and demand to be reunited with Harbaugh in SF?

• Otter
  • Veteran
What did it cost the Falcons to move up to the Browns spot for Jones?
Originally posted by Otter:
What did it cost the Falcons to move up to the Browns spot for Jones?

In exchange for getting the sixth pick, Atlanta gave the Browns five -- five! -- draft picks: their 1st- (27th overall), second- (59th) and fourth-round (124th) picks this year and their first- and fourth-round picks in 2012.Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed/2011-01/2011-nfl-draft/story/falcons-trade-up-for-julio-jones-in-draft-shocker-with-browns#ixzz1bGrNtJSg
Originally posted by Youngone:
Not gonna happen. If we make the playoffs we'd have to send our whole team for him, and if that is the case then QB is not an issue for us if we are a playoff team. If he brings us a playoff win or first round bye, I'm in the Alex Smith bandwagon.

A lot of us are on the Smith bandwagon, but look at this from Harbaugh's perspective. He saw in Smith something that made him believe he was starter-caliber, but I don't think there can be any doubt that he also views Luck as a top-notch franchise talent.

Also, given how well-rounded our talent has looked on both sides of the ball, they may be willing to give up A LOT to get Harbaugh his man.
I sure hope so. Luck did say he thought the "Suck for Luck" campaign was stupid and he would NOT want to play for a fan base that wants their team to fail so they can draft him
I think he is headed to the Colts.
Harbaugh turned Rich Gannon into an MVP, he very well could do the same for Smith
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:
Harbaugh turned Rich Gannon into an MVP, he very well could do the same for Smith

Gannon was already a really good QB before Harbaugh started working their. Plus Harbaugh was only an "Offensive Assistant" the year Gannon won his MVP.
5 - 1 is way too good to get him. You would have to give up 5 1st round picks at this point. It's not happening guys. Give it up.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Yeah me too I don't see them winning more than one or two games this year.

The question then becomes "will peyton play again?" or will he retire, which is a real concern with any neck injury. If he is ready to go next year, does luck want to sit behind him for a year or two? Other than that it's a good situation- decent o-line, great receiving weapons, good organization. Rams could win a handful of games just because they're in our division facing cards and seattle twice lol, plus I don't see why they'd give up on bradford so quickly when they've had such bad luck with injuries.

I also expect the vikes to improve with ponder starting, I just think mcnabb's done and liked what I saw in ponder.

Miami would be one team I can see him wanting a trade out of, horrible organization, bad o-line, only receiving talent is headcase brandon marshall, and a coaching staff dumb enough to think reggie bush can be a feature back. Lol...

If a team does trade for him it'll be a team in the top 10 and that won't be us.
[ Edited by mike on Oct 19, 2011 at 5:38 PM ]
Why in the hell would Luck try to swindle his way off the Colts?

Originally posted by WINiner:

He wouldn't. But these guys dream big dreams. I guess it makes them happy.
If this happened, just think how much the league "media" would hate us. It's already bad, they already spend whole segments talking about what Harbaugh did wrong and never mentioning Schwarts.

I like it to happen to piss them all off.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

There are a lot of really crap teams this year! Miami gets my vote here. I cant see them ever scoring!
Originally posted by WINiner:

Indy is a old football team, and obviously not as talented as everyone previously thought. By the team Luck takes over that team it won't be recognizable to Peyton's team.

Indy is better off trading away Luck. They need a slow transition away from Manning. If they end up with the 1st pick they could get a king's ransom for Luck and then draft someone to develop behind Manning.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Indy is a old football team, and obviously not as talented as everyone previously thought. By the team Luck takes over that team it won't be recognizable to Peyton's team.

Indy is better off trading away Luck. They need a slow transition away from Manning. If they end up with the 1st pick they could get a king's ransom for Luck and then draft someone to develop behind Manning.

Yes they could get a Kings ransom, but you don't often get a chance at a possible franchise QB, who is to say they won't sit him for two years and see if peyton is okay? Nobody knows for sure about Mannings health. By the third year they still could trade Luck or maybe even Peyton. Bill Polian is a shrewd man who developed the Bills then the Colts. If you don't think they would trade Manning, just look what happened with Montana, Brees, and others. You always have to have an eye to the future.
Share 49ersWebzone