LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 228 users in the forums

should rb be an early round target next april?

Should have trade for CJ when we had the chance!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Let's just trade Gore for Adrian Peterson and we'll be set.

QB
Originally posted by battletowin:
we seriously need a new qb.

this
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
Nope. I'm waiting for Marcus Lattimore to be eligible. I'm sure we can scrape by with Hunter and Dixon until then.

This. Lattimore is the only running back I'd use a 1st round pick on.
Originally posted by SofaKing:

By this time next year Tolzien (Our Savior) will be the starter.

Fixed
Originally posted by Daddyt4949:
Originally posted by SofaKing:

By this time next year Tolzien (Our Savior) will be the starter.

Fixed

I think Tolzien really could pass up Kaep. No joke. Kaep really looks more like a tall running back to me. He's so far away from being an NFL QB and comfortable in the pocket.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
Gore is not young anymore and looks to be losing a step,i dont want kendall to absorb all the contact with his small stature and im not sold on dixon. Would they look into the possibility into drafting trent richardson?
Are you crazy? Our secondary sucks for years and you wanna go for ANOTHER rb? We drafted Coffee, Dixon and Hunter in the last 3 drafts. AND you will always get nice rb-talent in day 2 if not even in day 3.
Only if our secondary improves b/c of Goldson and Spencer, our pass-rush rises b/c of "I dont know how, Aldon perhaps" and our O-Line starts to block well and CONSISTENTLY, we COULD think of a rb in the earlier rounds. Then again, some of our WRs has to step up so that we could say "We have our Nr. 1 Wide-out"; Next year's draft has too many WR talents to pass up, imo.
That is a passing league, on both sides of the ball.

As long as our o-line can't block anyone, even not a grandma in a wheelchair, another rb-draft is useless.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Using picks in the first three rounds on running backs is bad value. This is a passing league, it's time to value the forward pass over 2 yard runs.

What has an elite running back gotten any team lately? 49ers, Vikings, Titans, Jaguars, Rams... Nothing, they all have crappy offenses.
[ Edited by 23zack80 on Sep 20, 2011 at 12:04 PM ]
No. Keep drafting lineman until we get it right.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Not this or any year. RB is now one of the least important positions in the NFL, along with TE, MLB and FB. You know, all the positions we're good at.

QB, OL, CB, S, OLB, maybe even WR, then RB.
Trade the pick for Kory Sheets.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Not this or any year. RB is now one of the least important positions in the NFL, along with TE, MLB and FB. You know, all the positions we're good at.

Hey, we got a good punter too
Originally posted by Janitor:
Nah, not this year. We have a hopeful candidate in Hunter if Gore can't pick it up. We have much more glaring needs that should be addressed first.

Originally posted by TX9R:

We are good at fullback?
Share 49ersWebzone