LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 336 users in the forums

We could theoretically get Luck without sucking...

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Pete Carroll + Andrew Luck for the next 12 years, deal with it.

Carroll wont last twelve years in Seattle.

maybe. but belichick wouldnt have lasted this many years in new england without brady

maybe. but belichick wouldnt have lasted this many years in new england without brady

Maybe so.. but he's also an incredibly good coach.
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
I can see Luck sitting behind Peyton Manning for a year now that there's a rookie wage scale.

I wouldn't mind this. I would much rather see him in the AFC than the NFC.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

He's a decent coach, but not incredibly good.
the colts will end up with the first pick it will be the the tim duncan effect lol colts will suck just to get luck then peyton retires in 2 years and that will give them another franchise qb
[ Edited by NinerNation on Sep 14, 2011 at 10:56 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerNation:
the colts will end up with the first pick it will be the the tim duncan effect lol colts will suck just to get to get luck then peyton retires in 2 years and that will give them another franchise qb

I could see this happening too. Seriously, if struggling teams wanted a better shot at winning David Garrard is out there ripe for the pickings.
perhaps if the Jaguars and Titans end up with the first pick they may trade as well. I doubt the Colts are actually that bad.
Originally posted by andes14:
It's very realistic that Carolina winds up with the #1 overall pick again, and since they just took Cam Newton #1 overall, they're obviously not gonna be in the market for Luck and will thus look to trade it. We just have to root hard for their opponents most Sundays (except this Sunday) and then we're in business. Assuming we choose anywhere from the mid-teens to the mid-twenties, I'm thinking that pick, plus our 2nd rounder, and our 2013 1st + 2nd rounders could be enough to do the trick. Thoughts?

whoever picks number 1 WILL pick Luck. no trading it away, no passing on him. the general consensus is hes the 2nd coming of John Elway. there is zero chance we get him unless we have the worst record in the NFL.
Originally posted by niners94:

Who's better? He's the best coach in the NFL. He's a defensive guru and is also great at offense. I don't know if he still does but I know he did call the plays on offense with McDaniels was there. Any coach with 3 superbowl wins in 4 years cannot be considered decent. And don't even bring up "spygate" every team does/has done it.
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

decent...come on guy.

Not? It's not only about BB when it comes to "why are the Pats so successful" but saying that BB is just decent when we are talking about one of the best if not the best franchise in the last 10 years is very "strange".
Originally posted by communist:
Not? It's not only about BB when it comes to "why are the Pats so successful" but saying that BB is just decent when we are talking about one of the best if not the best franchise in the last 10 years is very "strange".
Strange, Idiotic, same thing,
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Strange, Idiotic, same thing,
I tried to be friendly as possible.
If you listen to media reports the thinking is the Niners will try to sign Josh Johnson away from Tampa Bay as a free agent. It's been reported as the worst kept secret in Niner land...

If that's the case, there wouldn't be any interest in Andrew Luck...
Originally posted by billbird2111:
If you listen to media reports the thinking is the Niners will try to sign Josh Johnson away from Tampa Bay as a free agent. It's been reported as the worst kept secret in Niner land...

If that's the case, there wouldn't be any interest in Andrew Luck...

Share 49ersWebzone