LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Landry "Lance" Jones, Oklahoma, QB

• 4ML
  • Veteran
In my opinion, he is the the best QB in college football this year. He can make all the throws, exceptional accuracy, excellent in the pocket, and can use his feet to get 1st downs as well. Operated mostly from the gun last year, but has taken enough snaps from under the center as well. He seems to have the higher ceiling than Luck and other QBs who may declare in 2012 due to his intangibles. Was better than Bradford in college as a sophomore. Really excited to see what he can do in 2011 and hopefully declares for the draft.

[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Sep 6, 2011 at 4:09 AM ]
nah, Luck is better. He is an interesting prospect though. Oklahoma runs that spread and many QB's have been able to put up numbers in their offense. See what happens with him this year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
If all our QB's fail or we manage to get a top 5 pick next year, Landry Jones is actually my pick, Luck will go #1 overall.
If we truly feel that we don't have a franchise QB on our team, Luck, Jones, and Barkley would fill that need, IMO.
where does this :"lance" crap come from?
Originally posted by SF69ers:
If we truly feel that we don't have a franchise QB on our team, Luck, Jones, and Barkley would fill that need, IMO.

I take it your not high on Kellen Moore?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

Kellen Moore won't be drafted on the first day, only 6' 190 pounds, hes very undersized for a QB, with below average arm strength. Don't get me wrong I love his poise and accuracy he shows but I doubt he'll start from day one. Some one like Moore needs some time to develop in the NFL, gain some weight, sit and learn an NFL playbook. I'd say hes probably a 7th round pick.
  • titan
  • Veteran
If we draft him lets not call him Lance!
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:

I'm actually a fan of his. I like his accuracy and his moxy, but with his size, I just don't see him getting selected so high. At best, I can see someone selecting him in the 4th or 5th.
.................is really, really good. Tons better than any QB prospect from this past draft. All of that being said, not as good as Luck.

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
.................is really, really good. Tons better than any QB prospect from this past draft. All of that being said, not as good as Luck.

With Luck outta range I'd take Jones over Barkley. OK, maybe all three will be outta range, but if we had the chance at the other two we better take Jones.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
is he a Jason White or a Sam Bradford? I haven't seen him play but with the type of numbers he's been putting up, it's hard not to talk about him
if we draft him we would have to oklahoma qbs in the same division, they would be forever compared. I am not that high on landry though so i wouldnt care if we passed up on him.
  • mod
  • Veteran
When I heard he had a mustache, I got kinda excited... I was hoping to see him rock the Jake Plummer stache... but then I saw he had the poor white trash stache

He looks like one of my friends that lives in the local trailer park.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Paul:
is he a Jason White or a Sam Bradford? I haven't seen him play but with the type of numbers he's been putting up, it's hard not to talk about him

I'd say more on the Sam Bradford side, NOT Sam Bradford but much more like him than White.
Share 49ersWebzone