LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Early Season Favorites - Top QB's eligible for 2012 Draft

Not impressed with Barkley. Haven't seen Griffin play unfortunately just hear the mad props made about him.. Stats can be deceiving though.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Not impressed with Barkley. Haven't seen Griffin play unfortunately just hear the mad props made about him.. Stats can be deceiving though.

barkley is mad overatted just like the rest of the usc qbs over the years. griffin is accurate for a scrambling qb i like that.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Since we will pretty much be out of range for the Luck and Landry sweepstakes, I'll keep my hopes for Lindley and Tannehill. If Tyler Wilson's play keeps up, I think he'll over take Barkley as the #3 QB in the draft.
Originally posted by WildBill:

chance are hes going to the hawks

relationship with pete and all

i do not see seahawks getting #! pick they have a good defense and there offense isnt completely useless
we aren't getting a QB this year, at least not before the 3rd
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Since we will pretty much be out of range for the Luck and Landry sweepstakes, I'll keep my hopes for Lindley and Tannehill. If Tyler Wilson's play keeps up, I think he'll over take Barkley as the #3 QB in the draft.

Why the bashing on Barkley? The guy is playing well for a USC team that doesn't have the "all star" players it used to have. The guy is performing well this season for Lane Kiffin. LANE FCKIN KIFFIN haha. At this point, Luck is ahead of everyone followed by Jones and Barkley as 2a and 2b.

I'm keeping my hopes up for Robert Griffin III
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Why the bashing on Barkley? The guy is playing well for a USC team that doesn't have the "all star" players it used to have. The guy is performing well this season for Lane Kiffin. LANE FCKIN KIFFIN haha. At this point, Luck is ahead of everyone followed by Jones and Barkley as 2a and 2b.

Not really that much of a knock on Barkley, but more of how Tyler Wilson has been playing, although Barkley hasn't been making the best decisions lately. But watching Wilson against Texas A&M, he showed pocket presence, mechanics, mobility and he showed he could make all the throws in the NFL, hes just not getting the hype Barkley is right now. Shoot, another thing to watch for is Barkley's height, he's listed as 6'2", but when the Combine comes around he could be listed at 6'0"- 6'1" 1/4 or 1/2, which would probably drop him pretty good in the draft.
Originally posted by OnTheClock: It's still early, but here's a preliminary list 1. Andrew Luck, Stanford - Anyone that disputes this (for now at least) will just look silly.

I hear the guy is calling his own plays. Hes not given three options and when the D lines up he picks 1 of the 3. He has total control of what play is called. Seriously this guy is going to be amazing, and hes going to be a pain in the 9ers ass!
[ Edited by ace49ers on Oct 4, 2011 at 9:50 AM ]

Not really that much of a knock on Barkley, but more of how Tyler Wilson has been playing, although Barkley hasn't been making the best decisions lately. But watching Wilson against Texas A&M, he showed pocket presence, mechanics, mobility and he showed he could make all the throws in the NFL, hes just not getting the hype Barkley is right now. Shoot, another thing to watch for is Barkley's height, he's listed as 6'2", but when the Combine comes around he could be listed at 6'0"- 6'1" 1/4 or 1/2, which would probably drop him pretty good in the draft.

Yea, no doubt about Wilson though. He's a good looking prospect, but there's something about Barkley that shows me a little bit of Carson Palmer. With better coaching (I don't think Kiffin is a good coach at all), he could be a very good QB in the NFL.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yea, no doubt about Wilson though. He's a good looking prospect, but there's something about Barkley that shows me a little bit of Carson Palmer. With better coaching (I don't think Kiffin is a good coach at all), he could be a very good QB in the NFL.

Ask me if I'd be mad about drafting Barkley??

I just don't think we are gonna be in position or need any of the top QB's in this years draft. As it looks right now, we could be winning the division, which should drop us in the 20's.

Ask me if I'd be mad about drafting Barkley??

I just don't think we are gonna be in position or need any of the top QB's in this years draft. As it looks right now, we could be winning the division, which should drop us in the 20's.

Oh, I'm with you on that. Unless Luck happens to be available (which is basically a trillion to one chance), we won't be taking a QB in the 1st. However, if RGIII happens to be there in 3rd, which I doubt as well, I'd pull the trigger.
Originally posted by ace49ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock: It's still early, but here's a preliminary list 1. Andrew Luck, Stanford - Anyone that disputes this (for now at least) will just look silly.

I hear the guy is calling his own plays. Hes not given three options and when the D lines up he picks 1 of the 3. He has total control of what play is called. Seriously this guy is going to be amazing, and hes going to be a pain in the 9ers ass!
Luck runs the Stanford offense, and audibles on nearly every play. He is the college equivalent of Peyton Manning, in that he looks over the defense first, then adjusts the play. It is really brilliant for a college QB, and makes him an automatic star in the NFL, in my opinion.

As for drafting a QB, which many have discussed in this thread, I just don't see it happening until the later rounds, if at all. I see the team re-signing Alex during the season to a three-four year extension, and keeping CK and ST as the backups.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Oct 5, 2011 at 12:23 PM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by ace49ers:

Luck runs the Stanford offense, and audibles on nearly every play. He is the college equivalent of Peyton Manning, in that he looks over the defense first, then adjusts the play. It is really brilliant for a college QB, and makes him an automatic star in the NFL, in my opinion.

As for drafting a QB, which many have discussed in this thread, I just don't see it happening until the later rounds, if at all. I see the team re-signing Alex during the season to a three-four year extension, and keeping CK and ST as the backups.

I think Luck goes to Miami or Indianapolis. My bet is on Miami though. I think Indy will get better and pull off enough late wins to get out of the Luck sweepstakes.
http://tucsoncitizen.com/tc-arizona-sports/2011/10/13/is-arizona-quarterback-nick-foles-overrated/

Some stats on Foles ^^^ Apparently he doesn't do very good on crucial downs (3rd down) or when the game is close.

Also, for those thinking my hate on Barkley is misguided, he even admitted after Cal he is playing bad. If you watched the game, he AGAIN misses wide open recievers and fails to make good reads.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Anyone wanting to see Robert Griffin III play.... The game is on FX
Share 49ersWebzone