LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Early Season Favorites - Top QB's eligible for 2012 Draft

Besides all the big name QBs (Luck, Jones, Barkley, Moore, Griffin), I'm real impressed with Aaron Murray. Probably a 3rd-4th round prospect. Plays in a pro style offense, decent arm (velocity isn't quite there, though), but he is pretty accurate and goes through his reads well.
Griffin has 13 TDs, and only 12 incomplete passes.....
Originally posted by saniner:
Griffin has 13 TDs, and only 12 incomplete passes.....

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
barkley ftw

Barkley is over rated.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Besides all the big name QBs (Luck, Jones, Barkley, Moore, Griffin), I'm real impressed with Aaron Murray. Probably a 3rd-4th round prospect. Plays in a pro style offense, decent arm (velocity isn't quite there, though), but he is pretty accurate and goes through his reads well.

He's going to need to wait at least a year. He's only a redshirt sophomore. No reason to come out now, especially with the rookie cap in place now.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

He's going to need to wait at least a year. He's only a redshirt sophomore. No reason to come out now, especially with the rookie cap in place now.

That would be a smart move. Get more seasoning.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

I bet he'll drop due to his height, he does kind of remind me of Drew Brees. Good mechanics with a decent arm, well enough to run any system in the NFL.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
tolzien > kap

k. moore > kap

l. jones > kap

m. barkely > kap

Pretty much.

I don't understand all the negativity surrounding Kap

I guess some are just upset we took a project, not knowing who we'd have in the meantime. CK is a long-term project and was one of the lesser-NFL ready QBs. Tremendous upside, but a lengthy adjustment time needed. Kaepernick made great improvements every year at Nevada, so he's very coachable, and I'm sure he'll learn if given time. However.. some question the pick because of the time he would take to develop.

The Devil's advocate will say, "If he was going to take so long, why not just draft an NFL ready QB next year and use the pick on another position of need instead?" -- A valid question. I wanted us to trade down and move up with the extra pick acquired to get Dalton.

I don't know. I've watched him play since he was a freshman. I've never really been impressed with him. He just seems so tentative at times. tends to overthrow....... maybe because of mechanics??

good runner.

poor man's jake locker.... (and i wasn't a fan of jake locker either). jmho.
Was watching some clips on Griffin, and man, the guy can play. He's accurate and strong. Seems like a real leader out there. The only problem I have is his release. It's quick but it almost looks like he has a strange windup.
Was watching some clips on Griffin, and man, the guy can play. He's accurate and strong. Seems like a real leader out there. The only problem I have is his release. It's quick but it almost looks like he has a strange windup.

I think his mechanics in general are pretty terrible. But obviosuly the guy has some great talent and its hard to ignore how insane of a season he is having.

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
tolzien > kap

k. moore > kap

l. jones > kap

m. barkely > kap

Pretty much.

I guess some are just upset we took a project, not knowing who we'd have in the meantime. CK is a long-term project and was one of the lesser-NFL ready QBs. Tremendous upside, but a lengthy adjustment time needed. Kaepernick made great improvements every year at Nevada, so he's very coachable, and I'm sure he'll learn if given time. However.. some question the pick because of the time he would take to develop.

The Devil's advocate will say, "If he was going to take so long, why not just draft an NFL ready QB next year and use the pick on another position of need instead?" -- A valid question. I wanted us to trade down and move up with the extra pick acquired to get Dalton.

I don't know. I've watched him play since he was a freshman. I've never really been impressed with him. He just seems so tentative at times. tends to overthrow....... maybe because of mechanics??

good runner.

Kaepernick has had problems being consistent with "touch" -- that's a major knock. He throws a good ball, but he struggles to put air under his deep throws, and the short throws are often rockets. Locker was a WAY better prospect and there was a lot of good to Locker's game.

Kaepernick just needs time to adjust. Things are fast for him now. He'll get there, but it'll be awhile. I'm not convinced we couldn't find someone better before he's truly ready. So to recap, his overall issues are:

1. Adjusting to the speed of the game.
2. Making NFL reads quickly.
3. Touch on his passes.
4. Overall Mechanics.

He's got a world class arm, athleticism, smarts, and is great moving to his left which is unusual. But his talent has yet to be harvested and molded to the NFL. They took him based on talent and potential, but he was at least 2 years from truly being NFL ready. We'll see what happens I guess.

That would be a smart move. Get more seasoning.

It's also a smart move because there is plenty of talent at QB this year. Wait a year let them all go and bam! No 1 pick in the 2013 Draft.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
tolzien > kap

k. moore > kap

l. jones > kap

m. barkely > kap

Pretty much.

good runner.

Kaepernick has had problems being consistent with "touch" -- that's a major knock. He throws a good ball, but he struggles to put air under his deep throws, and the short throws are often rockets. Locker was a WAY better prospect and there was a lot of good to Locker's game.

Kaepernick just needs time to adjust. Things are fast for him now. He'll get there, but it'll be awhile. I'm not convinced we couldn't find someone better before he's truly ready. So to recap, his overall issues are:

1. Adjusting to the speed of the game.
2. Making NFL reads quickly.
3. Touch on his passes.
4. Overall Mechanics.

He's got a world class arm, athleticism, smarts, and is great moving to his left which is unusual. But his talent has yet to be harvested and molded to the NFL. They took him based on talent and potential, but he was at least 2 years from truly being NFL ready. We'll see what happens I guess.

I get a sense that they just Drafted a QB just to make the fans happy, just so happens he was there.
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:

I think his mechanics in general are pretty terrible. But obviosuly the guy has some great talent and its hard to ignore how insane of a season he is having.

He's having a video game-type season right now. It's unbelievable.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
16 TDs 14 incomplete passes for Robert Griffin III
Share 49ersWebzone