LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Early Season Favorites - Top QB's eligible for 2012 Draft

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by saniner:
Luck, Landry, Barkley, Tannehill and then Cousins for me. I think Griffin will stay in school for another year. If he were to come out, I'd put him just after Landry, with a chance to move ahead of him depending on if he stays healthy and continues to play like he did week one. Next year could be a pretty stacked draft at QB if all these guys come out.

I think Griffin could come out, because technically he's in his 4th year -- he just was injured for one year in 2009.

Originally posted by HessianDud:
Quote:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's still early, but here's a preliminary list

2. Robert Griffin, Baylor - First game this year: 21/27 (78%) for 359 yards and 5 TDs. No picks. Against #14 TCU. Griffin is the real deal.

Do Want.

Griffin looked like starter material to me from day one. He has a FANTASTIC deep ball, and his pin-point accuracy combined with sensational athleticism to scramble and use his feet if need be, make him arguably the most dangerous QB in all of college football.

If come draft day, we want him, we need to go get him. Kaeper-WHO? I understand the commitment to CK, but if we can upgrade with a player who is less of a project.. I say do it.

If we have the chance to get better at QB next year, we better do it. I like Kaep, but if Landry or Griffin were there, I'd be upset if we didn't draft them.
9/7/11: Griffin was the star of the opening week in college football, completing 21-of-29 passes for 359 yards and five touchdowns. He also ran for 38 yards and made a clutch catch for 15 yards in the fourth quarter. Griffin displayed a strong arm, with good mobility and was very accurate on passes downfield. TCU's defense was incapable of stopping him, and Griffin enjoyed a coming-out party nationally. He needs more work as a passer, but is showing some developmental talent to evaluators.
Sounds like our man. What system does Baylor play in?
Originally posted by communist:
9/7/11: Griffin was the star of the opening week in college football, completing 21-of-29 passes for 359 yards and five touchdowns. He also ran for 38 yards and made a clutch catch for 15 yards in the fourth quarter. Griffin displayed a strong arm, with good mobility and was very accurate on passes downfield. TCU's defense was incapable of stopping him, and Griffin enjoyed a coming-out party nationally. He needs more work as a passer, but is showing some developmental talent to evaluators.

SPREAD OFFENSE

But he definitely looks the part
Originally posted by vrabbit:
SPREAD OFFENSE

You mean he looks like he can play in a WCO...
SPREAD OFFENSE

no, I mean he looks like he can play in the NFL period.

but is he mobile? yes
accurate? seems like it
strong arm? check
makes smart decisions? since his true freshman season.
leader? no doubt about it

so yeah, he can play in the WCO as far as I'm concerned
SPREAD OFFENSE

no, I mean he looks like he can play in the NFL period.

but is he mobile? yes
accurate? seems like it
strong arm? check
makes smart decisions? since his true freshman season.
leader? no doubt about it

so yeah, he can play in the WCO as far as I'm concerned

Griffin has every single tool you could look or ask for in a QB prospect. The only thing you can knock him for is the spread. But hey, Newton sure didn't seem to have a problem going from his gimmick offense to the NFL (at least so far), so...
I think if Griffin keeps playing the way he has, I'd say the next Cam Newton. Maybe not an overall pick, but high enough to give Landry Jones and Matt Barkley a run for their money. If all QB's declare, I'm gonna me pissed if we pass up on one if we get the chance.
Originally posted by AiNoKea:
I think if Griffin keeps playing the way he has, I'd say the next Cam Newton. Maybe not an overall pick, but high enough to give Landry Jones and Matt Barkley a run for their money. If all QB's declare, I'm gonna me pissed if we pass up on one if we get the chance.
We got 2 rookies on the active roster right now...It wont make much sense if we go for another rookie unless he is pro-ready OR if we get rid of one or even both of them.
no chance we get luck.

besides him.... Moore would be the guy i want.

SPREAD OFFENSE

Foot work is non-existent.

nice
Originally posted by SportsFan:

SPREAD OFFENSE

Foot work is non-existent.

I stand corrected
Aside from Luck, I like Matt Barkley & Kellen Moore.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
no chance we get luck.

besides him.... Moore would be the guy i want.

Moore is amazing!! I could totally see us drafting that mofo. the only issue is that he's short, he's the same height as drew brees so maybe it wouldn't be a huge issue.

we already have him on our roster, his name is kaepernick
Share 49ersWebzone