LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 217 users in the forums

Early Season Favorites - Top QB's eligible for 2012 Draft

Originally posted by vrabbit:

LOOK AT THESE THROWS

arm, accuracy, patience, pocket awareness

As a freshman in 2008, he threw 15 TDs and only 3 INT. I think Griffin will come out this year if he gets a 1st or 2nd round evaluation. I say that because while he's listed as a redshirt junior, he did play in 3 games in 2009 before missing the rest of the season with injury. Since then though, he's been spectacular. He has a monster arm, is a big QB (in terms of thickness and strength), he's extremely accurate, is a leader, and has the other things you mentioned there, too.
From what I saw of Luck, he looks like a pro now. The hesitation, pump fakes, touch throws, deep throws, timing routes... damn!!! The only thing I can see that would get in his way is a devastating injury (as in multiple year/career ending). #1 pick for sure.

Robert Griffin III wow, those 9 routes (go routes) were placed exceptionally well. I'm a CU Buffaloes fan, and I've watched him for 2 years (now probably less - different conference), but he looked like he was going to be a pro from day 1. I'm actually surprised they weren't preseason ranked to be honest. They will be now though.

Landry Jones looked good but on his one TD pass, his through looked awkward to me (maybe I'm being too hyper-critical)?

OTC - great list
Really like Griffin from Baylor. Looked really good out there the other day
If I had to guess, I'd say the Redskins end up with Andrew Luck next year. They WILL draft a QB, that's for sure. They worked on setting up the rest of their team this year (OLB, DL, WR positions).

They did add a lot of young talent and some veterans.

RB Hightower, and rookie Roy Helu
WR Niles Paul, Leonard Hankerson, and veteran Donte Stallworth
DL Chris Neild, Adam Carriker, and veteran Barry Cofield
OLB Ryan Kerrigan, Markus White
FS O.J. Atogwe

However, they could still use a little OL help and obviously need a franchise QB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Not a 1st round pick but Ryan Lindley is a QB that I'm keeping an eye on. Looks to be a good fit for the WCO. Throws a nice touch pass and shows good pocket presence.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Not a 1st round pick but Ryan Lindley is a QB that I'm keeping an eye on. Looks to be a good fit for the WCO. Throws a nice touch pass and shows good pocket presence.

Another great prospect at QB this year. Honestly, it might be very hard for the 49ers to pass up on a QB in this draft, especially if Alex doesn't do well. So many tremendously talented players.

QB and WR are extremely deep this year.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Sep 7, 2011 at 8:00 PM ]
Luck, Landry, Barkley, Tannehill and then Cousins for me. I think Griffin will stay in school for another year. If he were to come out, I'd put him just after Landry, with a chance to move ahead of him depending on if he stays healthy and continues to play like he did week one. Next year could be a pretty stacked draft at QB if all these guys come out.
Luck and Landry are on top of things right now. Lately, I've been watching clips of Landry and he looks a lot like Aaron Rogers despite the difference in height.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's still early, but here's a preliminary list

2. Robert Griffin, Baylor - First game this year: 21/27 (78%) for 359 yards and 5 TDs. No picks. Against #14 TCU. Griffin is the real deal.

Do Want.
Originally posted by saniner:
Luck, Landry, Barkley, Tannehill and then Cousins for me. I think Griffin will stay in school for another year. If he were to come out, I'd put him just after Landry, with a chance to move ahead of him depending on if he stays healthy and continues to play like he did week one. Next year could be a pretty stacked draft at QB if all these guys come out.

I think Griffin could come out, because technically he's in his 4th year -- he just was injured for one year in 2009.

Originally posted by HessianDud:
Quote:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
It's still early, but here's a preliminary list

2. Robert Griffin, Baylor - First game this year: 21/27 (78%) for 359 yards and 5 TDs. No picks. Against #14 TCU. Griffin is the real deal.

Do Want.

Griffin looked like starter material to me from day one. He has a FANTASTIC deep ball, and his pin-point accuracy combined with sensational athleticism to scramble and use his feet if need be, make him arguably the most dangerous QB in all of college football.

If come draft day, we want him, we need to go get him. Kaeper-WHO? I understand the commitment to CK, but if we can upgrade with a player who is less of a project.. I say do it.

What about the QB from SD State?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
You dont like Kellen Moore or Nick Foles? Moore reminds me of Drew Brees.

read the OP's post, was about to say this.

Moore is going to be an awesome pro. (if drafted by the right team) I could see him being good in IndY if peyton comes back and he gets to sit a year or two.
Michigan State on ESPN2 right now! Goo chance to watch Cousins. He's one of my favorite QB prospects.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
What about the QB from SD State?

Sat, Sep 3 Cal Poly W 49-21: Lindley, who completed 15 of 27 passes for 203 yards and 4 touchdowns, became the Aztecs’ all-time leader in touchdown passes when he teamed up with Colin Lockett for an 18-yard TD late in the third quarter. The TD pass was his 71st of his career, surpassing Todd Santos, who had 70 from 1984 through 1987.

Sat, Sep 10 at Army W 23-20: Ryan Lindley was 8-of-18 through the air, including a 68-yard strike to Colin Lockett just 33 seconds into the game.
Not the best stats in the world but what about the game itself?
Share 49ersWebzone