There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Early Season Favorites - Top QB's eligible for 2012 Draft

It's still early, but here's a preliminary list

1. Andrew Luck, Stanford - Anyone that disputes this (for now at least) will just look silly.

2. Robert Griffin, Baylor - First game this year: 21/27 (78%) for 359 yards and 5 TDs. No picks. Against #14 TCU. Griffin is the real deal.

3. Landry Jones, Oklahoma - Since Bradford left, Landry has done nothing but produce. He's not on Bradford's level, but he's VERY, very good.

4. Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M - Has all the tools you look for in an NFL QB. Size, mobility, big arm.

5. Matt Barkley, USC - Comes from a major program and shows NFL ability. 34/45 (76%) for 304 yards, 3 TD and no INT to start the year.

Honorable mention:

* Kirk Cousins, Michigan State - Very efficient accurate passer. Completed 68% of his passes last year.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Solid list OTC.
good list
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I like it a lot. I'm kind of curious why "experts" are calling Jones overrated. I'm also very interested to see what happens with Russel Wilson and if anybody is going to jump on his bandwagon, however when I look at his build and playing style I think of Troy Smith, so I'd laugh if he gets into mid round buzz.
I didn't like how Barkley looked today against an unranked team in Minnesota. He had a nice long a ball but other than that I don't think he is that great of a quarterback.

When I look at the stats andrew luck looked pretty good today.

That Baylor Guy is one I would like to keep my eye out for the rest of the season

As it stands right now I would only want to either draft luck or landry
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Dominique Davis QB ECU 6-3 210lbs:

2009: Runner up to Cam Newton and Blinn College for the National Junior College Athletic Association national championship

2010: 393 CMP 609 ATT 3967 YDS 64.5% 6.51 YPA 37 TD 16 INT 79 ATT 141 YDS 1.8 YPA 9 TD

2011: 35 CMP 54 ATT 271 YDS 64.8% 5.0 YPA 4 TD 1 INT 7 ATT 13 YDS 1.9 YPA 1 TD (in 37 - 56 loss to #12 South Carolina)

Ryan Lindley QB San Diego State 6-4 223lbs:

2009: Completed 239 of 437 passes, 54.7 percent, for 3,054 yards … Threw for 23 touchdowns on the year against 16 interceptions

2010: Completed 57.7 percent of his passes (243-421) for 3,830 yards, averaging nearly 300 yards a game (294.6) … threw 28 touchdowns against 14 interceptions on the year.

2011: (Thourgh 2nd quarter) 5 CMP 8 ATT 87 YDS 10.9 YPA 1 TD
[ Edited by Jcool on Sep 3, 2011 at 8:00 PM ]
You dont like Kellen Moore or Nick Foles? Moore reminds me of Drew Brees.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
You dont like Kellen Moore or Nick Foles? Moore reminds me of Drew Brees.

They're both good prospects -- middle rounders right now. Just not in my top 5 right now.
You forgot about UNM phenom Tarean Austin: 20-31 179yds 1 TD, Sacked 10 times (no, I'm not making that up), fumbled 3 times, lost 2 of them, the last of which iced the game.

Is the NFL starting soon?
is RG3 really a legit NFL prospect? a TOP 5 QB?
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Absolutely. He's only a junior still. He was talked about as a top 5 QB prospect as a freshman. Vrab, you see what I mentioned about him DOMINATING TCU in week one this year? TCU had the #1 pass defense in the nation last year.

His measurables, and last year's numbers for Griffin:

* 6-2 220 4.52
* 2010 stats: 274 of 413 for 3195 yards, 21 TDs and only 8 INT. Also rushed 133 times for 591 yards and 8 TDs.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Absolutely. He's only a junior still. He was talked about as a top 5 QB prospect as a freshman. Vrab, you see what I mentioned about him DOMINATING TCU in week one this year? TCU had the #1 pass defense in the nation last year.

His measurables, and last year's numbers for Griffin:

* 6-2 220 4.52
* 2010 stats: 274 of 413 for 3195 yards, 21 TDs and only 8 INT. Also rushed 133 times for 591 yards and 8 TDs.

I'm aware of TCU's numbers as a defense last year, but they did lose over half of their starters coming into this season. Still, I have enough respect for TCU's D and the job Patterson does with them that I benched RG3 in my fantasy league (50pts).

I do like him, I just didn't know he was so highly regarded. I wonder how long it would take him to adjust to a pro style NFL offense, but I'm definitely impressed. I like how he had little sudden pump fakes before his throws, and he was putting the ball on the money.
I like this list. I would rank Barkley higher but I'll save that argument for a time when he is not coming off a near loss to an unranked team.

LOOK AT THESE THROWS

arm, accuracy, patience, pocket awareness

I wouldn't draft him in the first round right now, but OTC you're gonna make me watch this guy a lot closer now

plus Robert Griffin III is a badass name
I really don't think Luck is gonna take too much of a hit with Harbaugh gone imo. They were running the same stuff as last year with Shaw at HC, and they didn't look like they missed a beat. Although it was only SJSU. But i think Shaw will do good there.