LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

Who drafts Luck

Who drafts Luck

With Miami's win it looks like the Colts.
Anybody think the Colts would bite on a trade? I'm starting to think the Browns could make a serious move for Luck. They have 2 first round picks this year and will probably have an early first rounder next year as well. Would 3 first rounders in two years be a big enough incentive?
It's the Colts. Peyton said he was okay with Indy taking a quarterback.
if the colts draft luck, theres no way peyton ends his career as a colt. no way andrew luck would sit on the bench for 3 or 4 years behind peyton especially for a #1 overall pick. just look at what the qb's of this class are doing with no offseason.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Anybody think the Colts would bite on a trade? I'm starting to think the Browns could make a serious move for Luck. They have 2 first round picks this year and will probably have an early first rounder next year as well. Would 3 first rounders in two years be a big enough incentive?

LOL luck in freaking cleveland would suck, im willing to bet lucks dad would say f**k no and force something. i can totally see luck failing in cleveland
Originally posted by schmons:
if the colts draft luck, theres no way peyton ends his career as a colt. no way andrew luck would sit on the bench for 3 or 4 years behind peyton especially for a #1 overall pick. just look at what the qb's of this class are doing with no offseason.

agreed
The Colts (who had ZERO plan for the first year after Manning) fall backasswards into Andrew Luck... one of the great all time QB prospects. Some franchises just have it made. That said I'm glad he isn't going to the NFC West.

That would surely be hard to turn down. Manning still has some years and three first rounders could transform the team.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by English:

That would surely be hard to turn down. Manning still has some years and three first rounders could transform the team.

Shoot I'd give up Andrew Luck for that, you could always take Landry Jones or Matt Barkley. I'd even take Justin Blackmon who would give the Colts a new dimension on offense, a receiver who could actually make yards after the first contact.

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by English:

Shoot I'd give up Andrew Luck for that, you could always take Landry Jones or Matt Barkley. I'd even take Justin Blackmon who would give the Colts a new dimension on offense, a receiver who could actually make yards after the first contact.

Yes. And you still have years to develop your quarterback of the future. Including their own that would be five first rounders in two years! What could they end up with?

If the Browns make a move like Falcons did Colts could end up with 2 first rounders, 2 2nd rounders and 2 first round picks next year.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The Colts (who had ZERO plan for the first year after Manning) fall backasswards into Andrew Luck... one of the great all time QB prospects. Some franchises just have it made. That said I'm glad he isn't going to the NFC West.

I'm glad he won't be in the NFC period.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 18, 2011 at 11:11 AM ]
colts will get luck then luck will turn out like tim couch and they will regret it because peyton will do a farve retirement n play for someone in the afc
Share 49ersWebzone