There are 155 users in the forums

Who drafts Luck

Who drafts Luck

The Bengals are very likely going to have the worst record. The interesting thing is if the Bengals get the first pick will they take Luck?
[ Edited by Vasco49er on Aug 16, 2011 at 7:29 PM ]
Originally posted by Vasco49er:
The Bengals are very likely going to have the worst record. The interesting thing is if the Bengals get the first pick will they take Luck?

Yes. Dalton isn't gonna stop them from taking Luck.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Hopefully us

yee

of course they will take Luck, they don't have a lot invested in Dalton
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

Just wondering. I don't know if they want to go after QBs two years in a row but that didn't stop the Panthers of course.

isn't Mike Brown a big fan of Andy Dalton? if so I mean everyone knows Brown isn't a good football guy and terrible owner he could pick someone else. The Bengals may as well screw up the draft they've done that for many years, they chose Akili Smith over Daunte Culpepper. I think if Luck is drafted by the Bengals he'd pull an Eli or Elway that's a horrible organization they would destroy his career.
The 49ers.
Luck is unreal, but it's no guarentee that he's still going to be the concensus #1 pick before the draft. I'm not saying he won't be the #1, just saying that things often change throughout the year.
Looking at the votes, you guys have no idea how bad the Bengals are going to be.

They were 4-12 last year... that was with Jonathan Joseph, Chad Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, and Carson Palmer. All four are gone. The new QB is a rookie. Their division is murderous outside of the Browns.

2 wins will be a tall order for them.

The Redskins are my second choice, but they have Rex Grossman at QB. People say he "sucks", but he "sucks" because he is hot/cold. He'll get hot for at least 3-4 games.
Originally posted by aman49:
Looking at the votes, you guys have no idea how bad the Bengals are going to be.

They were 4-12 last year... that was with Jonathan Joseph, Chad Ochocinco, Terrell Owens, and Carson Palmer. All four are gone. The new QB is a rookie. Their division is murderous outside of the Browns.

The Redskins are my second choice, but they have Rex Grossman at QB. People say he "sucks", but he "sucks" because he is hot/cold. He'll get hot for at least 3-4 games.

shanahan said john beck is his starting qb

shanahan said john beck is his starting qb

That won't last. If it does, that means they are winning,

Shanahan is also a reason they won't have the worst record in the league.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I think the Bengals will be better than everyone is saying, they definitely trimmed some fat that's for sure. I'm going to go with the Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, or Redskins

I agree for the most part about the Bengals but while Dalton is there, I think someone a lot of people are overlooking is Bruce Gradkowski ya he's a backup but in Oakland after Russell stunk it up he gave them a spark and help the team play better including a win against the Steelers. He's also familiar with Jay Gruden's offense so he could easily upset the teams in our division.

The Bengals, Redskins and 49ers are my picks to end up with Luck,although the Bengals may pick someone else because they're the Bengals, but all 3 could be better than expected, the Bengals because there are players familiar with Gruden's system and they don't have any cancers in the locker room anymore(that could do wonders) but they could still suck,the Redskins because they have a defense that has talent like Orakpo, and got rid of Haynesworth, Grossman's streaky and Mike Shanahan is a good coach. The 49ers because they have good talent like Gore,Willis and Davis and good coach.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Paul:
I think the Bengals will be better than everyone is saying, they definitely trimmed some fat that's for sure. I'm going to go with the Bills, Dolphins, Raiders, or Redskins
Trimmed some fat? They gutted most of the talent out of their team. Two top recievers(both 900+ yd recievers), a top 5 cb in the game, and a qb that threw for almost 4000 yds for them last year. Replaced that with AJ green and a rookie qb...with a short offseason for the rookies to learn the game at a pro level.

Grossman isn't that bad, when he started against the giants in week 17 he threw for 336 yds and 2 tds, two weeks earlier than that he threw for 322 and 4 tds. I don't care if beck is getting a shot to start a preseason game grossman will be starting week 1. Ryan kerrigan has looked good too so their front 7 gets stronger.

Bills could have a shot at him, dareus and merriman improve their pass rush but fitz isn't much better than alex lol.

It's too early to really say with a lot of these teams. It definitely won't be us I can tell you that. We won't "suck for luck". Our division is too weak to compare to teams like the bills who could go with only one or two wins the entire year. We always have at least a few freebie games.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Redskins, Miami and Seattle will all be in the mix for the top 3 QB's next year. We will draft Marcus Forston to fill a need at NT.
Share 49ersWebzone