There are 114 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James

chris johnson 2.0
he's a change of pace back in the NFL, and not a 1st rounder IMO. His most favorable comparison would be Chris Johnson. 195 pounds and lightning fast. To draft him in the first round you would have to believe hes the next Chris Johnson, who went in the 2nd round where James will probably end up
If he breaks 4.3 like Johnson, I don't the first round should be out of question.
Originally posted by davidboutte:
he's a change of pace back in the NFL, and not a 1st rounder IMO. His most favorable comparison would be Chris Johnson. 195 pounds and lightning fast. To draft him in the first round you would have to believe hes the next Chris Johnson, who went in the 2nd round where James will probably end up

CJ2K was drafted #24 overall...

There will always be a team enamored with speed... Jahvid Best, CJ Spiller, CJ2K, etc. If you have the body of work in college and run in the 4.3's... some team will take you in the 1st round, it happens everyyear just about.
[ Edited by 5280High on Oct 10, 2011 at 3:21 PM ]
My bad #24
He could play the role of a Darren Sproles but with more to offer
still think he is going to be a bust.. i'm probably in the minority though.
I don't think he'll be a bust but my only concern with him is he's more quick than fast; not a bad thing but I really don't think his "fast" is going to be that much of an edge in the big leagues... A Chris Johnson comparison is crazy because Johnson is a FREAK! I think he'll be a solid COP back but I'd rather have Kendall Hunter who is the proven player...
im
Originally posted by jrg:
bring him to the 49ers! hunter and james!

IM a HUGE HUGE LaMichael James fan but if I was gonna draft a RB and it was between LJ and Trent Richardson, id take Trent, ONLY because Frank Gore has a few years left and we're gonna need a big tough brusier type back tht can run hard and fast. If gore is gone, all we'd be left with is change of pace backs. Idk if tht would work with our system or not because LJ is INCREDIBLY gifted soo it could work. but in reality, I wouldnt see him even making it to us if we were to pursue him. Too much talent for other teams looking for backs to pass up
Originally posted by martysofresh:
im

IM a HUGE HUGE LaMichael James fan but if I was gonna draft a RB and it was between LJ and Trent Richardson, id take Trent, ONLY because Frank Gore has a few years left and we're gonna need a big tough brusier type back tht can run hard and fast. If gore is gone, all we'd be left with is change of pace backs. Idk if tht would work with our system or not because LJ is INCREDIBLY gifted soo it could work. but in reality, I wouldnt see him even making it to us if we were to pursue him. Too much talent for other teams looking for backs to pass up

Trent will go early. He's better than Ingram, IMO.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by martysofresh:
im

Or we could just go the exact route we took for Frank and should Lamar Miller declare he'd be a Day 2 guy. He's a beast, I really hope he stays in school for a bit just so we can see how Gore is doing in a year or two and snatch Miller up lol.

Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by davidboutte:

CJ2K was drafted #24 overall...

There will always be a team enamored with speed... Jahvid Best, CJ Spiller, CJ2K, etc. If you have the body of work in college and run in the 4.3's... some team will take you in the 1st round, it happens everyyear just about.

I'm really happy that Buffalo has realized their mistake and moved Spiller to WR, now that he can get on the field he may actually contribute before he completely becomes Reggie Bush 2.0
Bust!