There are 217 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

LaMichael James

  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 105,331
Ok...I'll admit...my opinion is based on what just happened on a video game. Playing NCAA '12 and scored 6 TD's in one game...is this guy as good in real life?

Looks unbelievable here


LOL yeah he is the best running back in the NCAA no doubt.

He's fast and deceptively strong for his size, but that is exactly his problem.The dude is really really small.

You can make the MJD argument, but he is like a bowling ball made out of pure muscle.

LaMike is really skinny and I just don't see him being able to take hits consistently from NFL sized players.



BTW He's taking the Heisman this year, your heard it here first.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 105,331
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
LOL yeah he is the best running back in the NCAA no doubt.

He's fast and deceptively strong for his size, but that is exactly his problem.The dude is really really small.

You can make the MJD argument, but he is like a bowling ball made out of pure muscle.

LaMike is really skinny and I just don't see him being able to take hits consistently from NFL sized players.



BTW He's taking the Heisman this year, your heard it here first.

5'9" right? He seems a little skinnier than MJD..almost like Frank Gore kinda build to him.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
LOL yeah he is the best running back in the NCAA no doubt.

He's fast and deceptively strong for his size, but that is exactly his problem.The dude is really really small.

You can make the MJD argument, but he is like a bowling ball made out of pure muscle.

LaMike is really skinny and I just don't see him being able to take hits consistently from NFL sized players.



BTW He's taking the Heisman this year, your heard it here first.

I don't know about the best running back in NCAA. That kid Lattimore at South Carolina is pretty damn good too and they have a pretty good receiver, QB and a schedule in the SEC that does not include Alabama or LSU.
Originally posted by jrg:
5'9" right? He seems a little skinnier than MJD..almost like Frank Gore kinda build to him.

Ehhh he's way smaller and skinner than both of them.

I see the perfect outcome for James is being a Sproles type of player.
Originally posted by E-49er:
I don't know about the best running back in NCAA. That kid Lattimore at South Carolina is pretty damn good too and they have a pretty good receiver, QB and a schedule in the SEC that does not include Alabama or LSU.

294 attempts, 1731 yards and 21 touchdowns... that is almost a 6 yard average...

also finished 3rd in the Heisman voting last year. I'd say he is the best RB in the nation and I don't think its really even close.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 105,331
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by jrg:
5'9" right? He seems a little skinnier than MJD..almost like Frank Gore kinda build to him.

Ehhh he's way smaller and skinner than both of them.

I see the perfect outcome for James is being a Sproles type of player.

Sproles was the guy I was thinking right after I posted that. Lol
Originally posted by jrg:
Sproles was the guy I was thinking right after I posted that. Lol

lol great minds think alike

He could probably be had in the 3rd round or so, I see teams staying away because he has the build of a freshman in high school lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 105,331
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Sproles was the guy I was thinking right after I posted that. Lol

lol great minds think alike

He could probably be had in the 3rd round or so, I see teams staying away because he has the build of a freshman in high school lol

bring him to the 49ers! hunter and james!
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by jrg:
Sproles was the guy I was thinking right after I posted that. Lol

lol great minds think alike

He could probably be had in the 3rd round or so, I see teams staying away because he has the build of a freshman in high school lol

bring him to the 49ers! hunter and james!


Looks fasts, we shall see at the combine just what this kids made of!
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
  • Posts: 26,797
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by E-49er:
I don't know about the best running back in NCAA. That kid Lattimore at South Carolina is pretty damn good too and they have a pretty good receiver, QB and a schedule in the SEC that does not include Alabama or LSU.

294 attempts, 1731 yards and 21 touchdowns... that is almost a 6 yard average...

also finished 3rd in the Heisman voting last year. I'd say he is the best RB in the nation and I don't think its really even close.

Lattimore and Trent Richardson from Alabama are very very good backs, I don't think James is head and shoulders above them. He is very very good but not head and shoulders above those two.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Originally posted by E-49er:
I don't know about the best running back in NCAA. That kid Lattimore at South Carolina is pretty damn good too and they have a pretty good receiver, QB and a schedule in the SEC that does not include Alabama or LSU.

294 attempts, 1731 yards and 21 touchdowns... that is almost a 6 yard average...

also finished 3rd in the Heisman voting last year. I'd say he is the best RB in the nation and I don't think its really even close.

Lattimore and Trent Richardson from Alabama are very very good backs, I don't think James is head and shoulders above them. He is very very good but not head and shoulders above those two.

nevermind the fact that his stats are in big part a product of the system, I'm not saying he's not a talented explosive guy but let's not crown him the best, plus let's remember this is talking about how he'd look in the NFL, now about how good he is in college football
does his game compare to Jahvid Best?

Both are small and explosive

Best played in a Pro system in college, but James doesnt.
LaMichael James= Lebron James

I want him
Originally posted by ads_2006:
does his game compare to Jahvid Best?

Both are small and explosive

Best played in a Pro system in college, but James doesnt.

it's hard for me to tell because Best did play in the pro system so you knew he was effective in I formations and all those others you see on Sunday. I'd like to think James could play in that system as well, but I think the Sproles/Bush comparisons at the NFL level are much more accurate right now.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home