There are 217 users in the forums

Juron Criner WR Arizona Wildcats

This guy is the real deal. The great thing about him is- nobody knows about him yet. Under the radar, he will be a perfect late round pickup who will thrive in our offense. I would love the Niners to finally cop another AZ Wildcat-last one i remember was Chuck Levy back in 98. I just hope he stays another year in Tucson though (we gotta keep the bowl streak active).
Originally posted by prime21:
This guy is the real deal. The great thing about him is- nobody knows about him yet. Under the radar, he will be a perfect late round pickup who will thrive in our offense. I would love the Niners to finally cop another AZ Wildcat-last one i remember was Chuck Levy back in 98. I just hope he stays another year in Tucson though (we gotta keep the bowl streak active).

didnt he have some off field mental health issues this offseason?
Love this guy, the Foles-Criner hookup was deadly early last season.

Ideal size, good leaping ability, extra sticky hands. Kind of a long, loping stride so I imagine it takes a while for him to get going, but pretty good top end speed.

I don't know how under-the-radar he is though - seems to be mentioned among the top 3 or 4 wideouts who might be available this year, probably a 2nd/3rd rounder.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by prime21:

didnt he have some off field mental health issues this offseason?

I havent heard anything, but that would just be an added bonus.
I'm pretty sure he's a first rounder... At least according to scouts...
He has great size, but I don't know if his speed is enough for the NFL.

I like Chris Owusu of Stanford better.

IMO he isn't worth a first rounder. I'd say the first round WR's next year are: Blackmon and Alshon Jeffery. Other guys that have a shot are: Michael Floyd, Jeff Fuller, Ryan Broles.
Rest assured, some people DO know about him. I know several around this board who have talked about him besides me -- obviously SunDevil is one of them, and I believe AB83 has as well.

Kid has a good skill set, and almost came out into the draft this year. Will be interesting to see what he does this season. With Foles at QB, if he performs up to expectations, I would expect Criner to have an exceptional season.
Wow that blows for arizona...especially after stoops said he wanted to make his offense more pass happy this season

Stock plummeted this season. Mid-rounds is the best Criner can hope for it seems right now.

Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Stock plummeted this season. Mid-rounds is the best Criner can hope for it seems right now.

Yeah, I'm curious what his off field problems were. Heealth? Discipline? Family? It obviosuly affected him this year.

Physically, he is a talented player and right now I have him as a late 3rd. He has great size, great hands, and great body control. Obviosuly for any 6-4 reciever, their speed/quickness is the big issue. Its funny though that Criner putting up 900yrds and 11 TDs is considered a "down" year...goes to show you how dominant he was as a junior.

Another big WR I have my eye on is Gerrell Robinson from the other Arizona school, ASU. He is an odd prospect though, a 6'4 WR that plays the slot WR position. I can't really think of WRs in the NFL that have that size and play the slot. His matchup problem is rather then just rely on pure quickness as small slot WRs, he has enough speed/quickness to beat LBs and most CBs can't hope to compete with his size (kind of like competing with a TE). But his biggest games were when he played against zone coverage, geeeze, this guy knows how to find open space in his routes against the zone. I'd have him as a 5th or 6th becuase he lacks top end speed
he is number 4 on my WR wish list

behind
blackmon0- no chace we get him
alshon jeffery0- no way we get him
malcolm floyd- can drop because of character concerns

what are his off the field problems though?
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

If we did take him I am sure he wouldn't be over drafted due to Harbs familiarity with him.
why is his stock down so much?

i am seeing he is expected to go in 5th round

this guy is a 2nd round prospect in my eyes
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
why is his stock down so much?

i am seeing he is expected to go in 5th round

this guy is a 2nd round prospect in my eyes

Well, that could work to the 49ers benefit?
Share 49ersWebzone