LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Bucs' 1st Round Pick, DE Adrian Clayborn Agrees to Deal!

Adam Schefter: DE Adrian Clayborn became first 1st-round pk under new labor deal to reach agreement on new deal. Blake Baratz and Bucs just finished deal.

Adam Schefter: Here's a new wrinkle: 4 year, $8.2 million contract of Bucs 1st-round first-round pick Adrian Clayborn is fully guaranteed. Adrian Clayborn not first rookie to have contract fully guaranteed. Back in 1993, No. 2 pick QB Rick Mirer had his contract fully guaranteed.

[ Edited by PTulini on Jul 27, 2011 at 16:03:05 ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Good job Tampa. Now I wonder what Aldon is gonna get.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

MaioccoCSN: Source: Under new CBA, 49ers' maximum first-year cap allotment for 7th pick Aldon Smith is $2.6M. Total for four years is $14.384 M.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PTulini:

MaioccoCSN: Source: Under new CBA, 49ers' maximum first-year cap allotment for 7th pick Aldon Smith is $2.6M. Total for four years is $14.384 M.

LOL that sucks. Didn't Crabtree get something like $32 million.
Might as well make this the "rookie signing thread".

ya picks #7 and #8 last season averaged 5 yrs 45 mil with 25 guarenteed. This is a good thing thankfully its about time rookies have to prove themselves instead of instantly becoming gold
There shouldn't be any holdouts anymore right?

That is absolutely hilarious, and a tough break for the new rookies, but it had to be done at some point. If you're truly passionate about the game.. the fact that you still would be getting MILLIONS of dollars regardless -- even if it's not TENS of MILLIONS -- should be more than enough for you to be fully motivated to do your job on the field.
Locker lost close to 20 million dollars. That is sad.

Originally posted by LottOfDefense:

Maybe... But the system of paying rookies top salaries was really hurting the NFL. Missing on a top pick became something that would keep franchise down for almost a decade. Niners fans should know....

Anyway, I would assume that with the new CBA and rookie pay structure rookie signings should happen much faster. No more waiting for higher picks to set their deals. Hopefully....

Maybe... But the system of paying rookies top salaries was really hurting the NFL. Missing on a top pick became something that would keep franchise down for almost a decade. Niners fans should know....

Anyway, I would assume that with the new CBA and rookie pay structure rookie signings should happen much faster. No more waiting for higher picks to set their deals. Hopefully....

Shoulda coulda woulda
In fact Bucs have already signed their first, second, and third round picks.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:

Know what?

Share 49ersWebzone