There are 163 users in the forums

Praise for Baalke

I know there are a number of Baalke doubters out there...but thought you might be interested in hearing what Peter King had to say about not reaching for a QB. Giving up a 4th and 5th rounder to Denver to get Kaepernick's a heckuva lot better than a 2nd and 3rd to NE. There's always a lot of behind the scenes activity we're not privy to 'til after the draft...so it's good to wait and hear "the rest of the story" before you pounce on Baalke. As for the rest of the draft picks, I'd urge fans to take a wait & see approach...Harbaugh got the players he was high on after he and Baalke did extensive scouting. I've swapped e-mails with Walt Chrepinsky, of "Walter's Football" and he felt the Niners had a good draft. Only time will tell...and it's time the new players need to show what they're made of. We as fans owe them that time...to prove their worth...or not.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/05/08/mmqb/index.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin
i like baalke a lot he has shpwn he isnt afraid to get his guy last year it was davis this year it was kaepernick

hopefully next year it will be a good CB
I liked Baalke's draft because he is aggressive and has an idea of what he is willing to spend. I also think that the draft board fell like they predicted and they also had a good feel of where and what the other teams were drafting so when plan a didn't work out then plan b fell into place and they were able to get Kapernick.

I can hardly wait until FA to see what the FO will pick up for our team. So I like Baalke so far.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
i like baalke a lot he has shpwn he isnt afraid to get his guy last year it was davis this year it was kaepernick

Baalke shpwned the draft.
I like his aggressive style when he has a player targeted. He moves up without giving up too much. Teams that throw away more-valuable future picks baffle me. Atl made an awful trade, IMO, as did the Saints for Ingram.

I like that he likes to draft underclassmen with high ceilings (Davis and Smith). Both likely been top five picks had they stayed another year.
Originally posted by ghostrider:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

Baalke shpwned the draft.

That Culliver pick will forever bother me unless the guy at least turns into Shawntae Spencer.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Yah let praise him for continuously reaching throughout the entire draft.
I do like Baalke's approach. The Culliver pick bothered me a bit, but the Bruce Miller pick all but made up for it. I just hope Culliver turns out decent and Johnny Patrick doesn't become an all star.
Originally posted by susweel:

Every team reaches during the draft. A team's draft board could be completely different from what we see from the guys at NFLN or ESPN.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Baalke is one of the better GMs in the league. With the limited amount of information we have, his two drafts are among the top over that period. No question.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Every team reaches during the draft. A team's draft board could be completely different from what we see from the guys at NFLN or ESPN.

Time will tell if these picks are good or not, but its very early to start praising anyone.
  • Veteran
I think its too early to bash or praise Baalke. He has three years in my book to show something. Building through the draft hasn't worked out for the past eight years. I want to see some free agent acquisition this year.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Time will tell if these picks are good or not, but its very early to start praising anyone.

Yes. It is also to early to dismiss anyone or call them a reach. It go's both ways.
Don't you guys know that God has a big board? Baalke definitely reached for Culliver...
Originally posted by strickac:
I like his aggressive style when he has a player targeted. He moves up without giving up too much. Teams that throw away more-valuable future picks baffle me. Atl made an awful trade, IMO, as did the Saints for Ingram.

I like that he likes to draft underclassmen with high ceilings (Davis and Smith). Both likely been top five picks had they stayed another year.

I disagree with atl giving up too much they got to pick #6 with what is going to be 2 late first and late seconds and a fourth. They got a player that would not have gotten at any of those positions.
I agree with fact that both of Baalke's draft have been young talented and athletic guys (both 20 when drafted?) and who both have their better football days ahead.
Share 49ersWebzone